The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unhappy New Years: Prospect decommits from Mississippi State to start 2018

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/m...spect-decommits-mississippi-state-start-2018/

Mississippi State has a handful of spots remaining in this recruiting class, but one of them might not include defensive end Fabien Lovett, who decommitted very early on New Year’s Day.

Even when Lovett was expected to sign with the Bulldogs, the Clarion-Ledger still reported that he would consider Ole Miss and Alabama. Lovett is 6-foot-4, 260 pounds from Olive Branch, Miss. He is a 3-star prospect with eight offers, according to 247 Sports.

When Lovett committed to Mississippi State in August, the Clarion-Ledger reported that as a junior, Lovett had 86 tackles, 21 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and one sack.

“In a class full of powerful defensive linemen in Mississippi, Lovett separates himself because of his size, speed and skillful mind,” the report said.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dan Mullen told Emory he can't return to Gainesville (home) without Copeland. Lol

When Jones wasn’t throwing passes to Copeland, the quarterback was talking up the Gators to the receiver.

“You know Emory, man. We met up yesterday and he was like, “You already know, man,” Copeland said on Emory Jones message to him. “Make that move. Coach Mullen’s telling me I can’t come back to Florida without you.”

The Gators are still high up there for the former receiver commit as Copeland has three visits planned before signing day. “My upcoming visits are Texas A&M, Alabama and Florida,” Copeland said on visits coming up. “They’re going to be back to back with Florida getting the last one.”

“He wants me to play as H-back as a slot receiver,” Copeland said on what Mullen is telling him. “He’s telling me, just two days ago before I came out here, Mullen told me he really don’t want to offer nobody else in that spot, because he’s locked in on me. So he’s waiting on me to make my move. He just told me to come in and work and the position’s mine.”

https://www.gatorcountry.com/featur...y-the-florida-gators-will-get-his-last-visit/

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tampa five-star tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere is a prospect to watch. He has already officially visited Notre Dame and Michigan. He has a strong connection with Ohio State coach Greg Schiano, so the Buckeyes are likely to get a visit. Florida and Auburn are also pushing for visits. But also watch out for Florida State. Willie Taggart visited Petit-Frere upon being hired, and Michigan offensive line coach Greg Frey, an FSU alum, is one of the leading candidates for the same position in Tallahassee. Petit-Frere said that a Frey move to FSU would change up his recruitment.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is ridiculous and another reason why Mullen needs to focus on the state of Florida. Butters just gave it up to anyone w/ a pulse:

Top 5 on Offense
1. WR Justin Watkins: The Clermont (Fla.) East Ridge product was electric during one-on-one and seven-on-seven portion of practice. The 5-foot-11, 175-pound slot receiver was quick coming out of his breaks which allowed him to constantly shake free from defenders for catch after catch. (He seems to favor lsu...then Bama. Another tremendous FL WR leaving the state

2. WR Xavier Williams: The Alabama signee was another that constantly got open during Saturday’s practice. Caught 3 TD passes. Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna

3. WR Alontae Taylor: The Tennessee signee was very productive working the underneath routes during one-on-one and seven-on-seven action.

4. WR Justin Shorter: The Penn State signee used his 6-foot-4, 215-pound frame to rip a couple contested footballs away from defenders.

5. RB Brian Snead: The Ohio State signee was productive running the ball during inside run and the scrimmage portion of practice. The Seffner (Fla.) Armwood product looked to be the best overall back during the first practice.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Updated board:

QB: None I am aware of

RB: None I am aware of

TE: Glenn Beal, LSU lean

OL: Richard Gouraige (UF commit)

OL: William Barnes

OL: Ed Montilus

OL: Nick Petit Frere, UF/ND/Bama

OL: Christian Meadows (FSU commit, will visit UF)

WR: Jamarr Chase (LSU lean and former UF commit)

WR: Jacob Copeland, Bama/UF/Vols

WR: Corey Gammage (UF commit)

WR: Anthony Scwartz, Auburn lean and will announce at UAAAG

WR: Tommy Bush, UGA lean

WR: Marquez Ezzard, FSU lean, May visit UF

F7: Quay Walker, Bama lean, will visit

F7: Malik Langham, SDE will visit 19th

F7: Noah Jefferson, UF lean

F7: Dorian Gerald, Vols lean IMO

F7: Coynis Miller (Auburn commit) will visit UF

F7: Andrew Chatfield, Cane lean, will visit UF

F7: Nik Bonnito, Texas lean, may visit UF

F7: Xavier Peterson (UK commit) will visit UF

F7: Chauncey Manac: Cincinatti commit

F7: Nesta Silvera, Cane lean, may visit UF

DB: Mario Goodrich, LSU lean, may visit UF

DB: Patrick Surtain Jr. LSU lean

DB: Tyson Campbell: Cane lean

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida in position to flip Alabama LB commit Quay Walker

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-quay-walker-flip

ORLANDO — Quay Walker broke his silence Monday.

The 4-star linebacker from Crisp County High School (Cordele, Ga.) is currently committed to Alabama, but that pledge has been shaky for several months. Walker declined interview requests during his first two days in Orlando for the 2018 Under Armour All-America Game.

But after Monday’s practice, Walker decided to speak with SEC Country about his recruitment and where things stand.

“I’m still a commit … but right now I’m unsure,” Walker said. “I was looking forward to being coached by Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt. That plays a big role in it. And then sometimes I hear rumors about Coach Derrick Ansley leaving. That’s my main recruiter, so it’s all about coaches that I can trust.”

Walker came close to flipping to Georgia in December and signing early, but couldn’t get his paperwork ready in time. Tennessee is now in the mix with Pruitt becoming the Vols head coach and Auburn also has a shot.

Then there’s Florida.

Walker has always been high on the Gators, but lost some interest in the program after former defensive coordinator Geoff Collins took the Temple job.

“Florida is a school that I’ve been liking,” Walker said. “They offered me back when Coach Collins was there. Florida is my dream school. No one knows that.”

Walker has decided to reconsider the Gators because of the staff changes. New UF coach Dan Mullen and defensive coordinator Todd Grantham have made him a priority and he will officially visit on Jan. 12.

“As soon as Coach Mullen got the job, he hit me up,” Walker said. “That’s going to play a big role in it. I pretty much didn’t like the defense Florida was in before the 3-4. So that’s why I wasn’t considering Florida.”

Mullen and Grantham have some help in their pursuit Walker. He’s close friends with Gators DB signee Trey Dean, who told reporters Saturday that he thinks Florida will flip Walker.

“I don’t know why he’s so confident. I don’t know where I’m going yet,” Walker said. “That’s my brother. I love Trey. That might play a big role in it, too. But at the same time, I gotta do what’s best for me.

“I first met Trey when I went to the Rising Seniors game in Georgia. Me and him just built [a relationship] ever since then. I got his number. We hit each other up and talk on the phone every now and then.”

In addition to Florida, Walker will officially visit UGA on Jan. 19, Auburn on Jan. 26 and either Alabama or Tennessee on Feb. 2. He plans to announce his final decision on National Signing Day.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
NSD is going to be very exciting.

After all the “huge” days we were supposed to have with the last two guys anything has to be better.

Still remember how bad the year was where we lost out on Diggs and others. Desperate for guys on O and got nothing on that side.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Adam Wells-Bleacher Report said:
Currently enrolled at Florida's prestigious IMG Academy, Sanders is one of the nation's best recruits in the 2019 class. He's a 5-star talent ranked as the No. 1 running back prospect in the country, No. 2 player in the state of Florida and No. 10 player overall, per 247Sports.
Sanders had been giving indications he wasn't 100 percent committed to Alabama. He told SEC Country's Zach Abolverdi in October that Florida had moved "pretty high" on his list after visiting Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
New addition to the board:

Gators offer California ATH

https://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-Gators-latet-to-offer-California-athlete--113037726

The Florida Gators have continued to add names to their 2018 recruiting board, with the latest name added to the mix being Calabasas (CA) three-star athlete Nikko Hall. The west coast native announced his latest tender through his Twitter account on Monday afternoon.

The 6-foot, 171-pounder has the ability to play on either side of the ball at the next level, but is listed as a safety by 247Sports. So far Hall has taken just one of his five allotted official visits when he tripped to Oklahoma State in December. The Tennessee Volunteers are also expected to host him on campus in January after the dead period ends after a recent offer.

Currently the 247Sports Crystal Ball is tied with cloudy predictions and the in-state USC Trojans.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Hall as the Nation's No. 459 overall prospect in the 2018 recruiting class

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting: https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

ORLANDO, Fla — An unlikely source encouraged quarterback Emory Jones to sign with Florida in the eleventh hour of his recruitment.

The day before the early signing period, the Ohio State commit spent hours deliberating over his options after visits to Alabama, Florida and Florida State. During his decision-making process, he received a word of advice from 5-star quarterback Justin Fields.

“On Emory’s Snapchat story he said, ‘Decisions, Decisions.’ So I swiped up and asked him what he was going to do,” Fields said. “I talked to him about it a little bit.”

The Georgia signee had strongly considered three of the finalists for Jones and offered his two cents on the Gators — reluctantly.

“[Justin] was like, ‘I feel like Florida would be the best opportunity for you, but I hate to play against you.’ I was like, ‘I’ll hate to play against you, too.’ So we talked about it,” Jones said.

Fields and Jones are both from the state of Georgia and have known each other for two years. Fields saw the Florida football program inside and out during his recruiting process and wanted to share his perspective on the Gators with Jones.

“Emory is a good friend of mind, so really I just want the best for him,” Fields said. “It’s pretty plain and clear that Florida has the most opportunity available for a quarterback. Coach [Dan] Mullen is a great quarterback coach. If I didn’t choose Georgia, I probably would have chosen Florida to be honest with you.”

The relationship between Fields and Jones stems from their quarterback training. Both worked under private QB coach Quincy Avery and had a friendly competition in their workout sessions.

“We actually train together sometimes,” Jones said. “We both bounce stuff off each other. Sometimes we’re in training and we’ll just go back and forth throwing. If he throws a bad ball, I’ll say something to him. If I throw one, he’ll joke back at me. So we’re cool, but we’re always competing.”

That competition will now continue in college as SEC rivals. Fields thinks his former training partner will have success with Gators and looks forward to facing Jones in the Florida-Georgia rivalry.

“Emory is a great player. Everyone knows that,” Fields said. “He can run and throw the ball. He’s accurate and I just see a lot of upside with him. They’re getting a great player.

“It’s going to be fun to play against him in the future. We’ll probably text each other before the game and joke around a little bit. I can’t wait.”

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting: https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ountryUF&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

ORLANDO, Fla — An unlikely source encouraged quarterback Emory Jones to sign with Florida in the eleventh hour of his recruitment.

The day before the early signing period, the Ohio State commit spent hours deliberating over his options after visits to Alabama, Florida and Florida State. During his decision-making process, he received a word of advice from 5-star quarterback Justin Fields.

“On Emory’s Snapchat story he said, ‘Decisions, Decisions.’ So I swiped up and asked him what he was going to do,” Fields said. “I talked to him about it a little bit.”

The Georgia signee had strongly considered three of the finalists for Jones and offered his two cents on the Gators — reluctantly.

“[Justin] was like, ‘I feel like Florida would be the best opportunity for you, but I hate to play against you.’ I was like, ‘I’ll hate to play against you, too.’ So we talked about it,” Jones said.

Fields and Jones are both from the state of Georgia and have known each other for two years. Fields saw the Florida football program inside and out during his recruiting process and wanted to share his perspective on the Gators with Jones.

“Emory is a good friend of mind, so really I just want the best for him,” Fields said. “It’s pretty plain and clear that Florida has the most opportunity available for a quarterback. Coach [Dan] Mullen is a great quarterback coach. If I didn’t choose Georgia, I probably would have chosen Florida to be honest with you.”

The relationship between Fields and Jones stems from their quarterback training. Both worked under private QB coach Quincy Avery and had a friendly competition in their workout sessions.

“We actually train together sometimes,” Jones said. “We both bounce stuff off each other. Sometimes we’re in training and we’ll just go back and forth throwing. If he throws a bad ball, I’ll say something to him. If I throw one, he’ll joke back at me. So we’re cool, but we’re always competing.”

That competition will now continue in college as SEC rivals. Fields thinks his former training partner will have success with Gators and looks forward to facing Jones in the Florida-Georgia rivalry.

“Emory is a great player. Everyone knows that,” Fields said. “He can run and throw the ball. He’s accurate and I just see a lot of upside with him. They’re getting a great player.

“It’s going to be fun to play against him in the future. We’ll probably text each other before the game and joke around a little bit. I can’t wait.”
Gatorbait.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't we be seeing announcements about the DM-crew collecting LB possibilities?
Love to see some spikes in LB-leans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator