The National Signing Day Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Anybody know if Bush is a feasible target for us? @Marianna-FL_Gator

He’s absolutely beasting at the UAAA camp.
Its a possibility. We need to get him on campus. Jones is recruiting him hard but he said he thinks itll be hard to pry him away from the state of Texas. We are trying and he is listening though.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its a possibility. We need to get him on campus. Jones is recruiting him hard but he said he thinks itll be hard to pry him away from the state of Texas. We are trying and he is listening though.

It’s looking like he may be one of the best WRs in the country.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Read somewhere that if you want to compete for championships consistently, your 4/5* to 3* or less ratio needs to be greater than 50%. Pretty much guarantees your starters will be 4*+ or over-performing, diamond in the rough 3*s and that your entire 2 Deep is littered with talent. I didn’t dig into the article’s statistical analysis but it made sense to me. With that in mind, not sure if you should ever turn away those blue chips unless you are already over capacity at a position group.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Read somewhere that if you want to compete for championships consistently, your 4/5* to 3* or less ratio needs to be greater than 50%. Pretty much guarantees your starters will be 4*+ or over-performing, diamond in the rough 3*s and that your entire 2 Deep is littered with talent. I didn’t dig into the article’s statistical analysis but it made sense to me. With that in mind, not sure if you should ever turn away those blue chips unless you are already over capacity at a position group.

There are a bunch of articles that tie championships to blue chips/top 5 recruiting classes. It is something crazy like since OU in 2000 every MNC has had at least 1 top 5 class in the preceding 4 years prior to their said title. I think many even had two. People don't want to believe it when they aren't recruiting well. You hear crap like "I trust Coach X over some website" even though the data clearly shows the opposite.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
There are a bunch of articles that tie championships to blue chips/top 5 recruiting classes. It is something crazy like since OU in 2000 every MNC has had at least 1 top 5 class in the preceding 4 years prior to their said title. I think many even had two. People don't want to believe it when they aren't recruiting well. You hear crap like "I trust Coach X over some website" even though the data clearly shows the opposite.

I saw that rationale with Mac a lot. At least Mullen seems to get the concept thus far - hope he’s able to execute it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.