The National Signing Day Thread

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I can't stand Copeland. Simple as that. Someone needs to knock his ass down a peg or two.
Normally the players who are prima donnas during recruiting season fizzle out, especially WRs.

I'd still like him in our class, but he is like a 3 star to me. Maybe something happens, but most likely he's a role player at best.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer brought on Douchebag prima donnas all the time. He called it “de-recruiting”. Basically made their lives hell through S&C.

I’m all for bringing on Copeland.

You see - the reason that players like Callaway got away with so much is that there was no player that could replace him.

Copeland would have Jefferson, Grimes, and Cleveland in front of him. He could either clean it up or get bent.

Bring the talent. And let the rest sort out.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If Copeland doesn't sign with us, it looks like he goes to bama or vols. You really want that? I don't. I want him at UF kickin our rivals a$$.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait til he gets on a college campus. Bet you Savage will drill his ass. No homo

I agree that conditioning and competition should either straighten him out some or set a course for post-recruiting anonymity / transfer. I hope we land him and he puts this foolishness behind him.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that conditioning and competition should either straighten him out some or set a course for post-recruiting anonymity / transfer. I hope we land him and he puts this foolishness behind him.
...or maybe Percy returns and instead of beating up a coach, he gives a student athlete the business.
:lol:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’ve asked it before without any real answer and I don’t know the answer. What exactly has this 17 year old done beside tweet like a 17 year old? Is there any history with criminal activity? Drug use? Alcohol abuse? Bad grades? School suspensions? Has he been suspended from his HS team? Has his HS coach stated he is a bad apple? Uncoachable? Lacks effort? Not a team player?

I have looked ....although somewhat superficially...and I don’t see anything over the top. I do see a talented 17 year old athlete with an ego. How long is that line? It appears DM is very interested in this kid. I have to believe they have vetted him for all of the above.

I think these kids are ridiculous with their social media but it is the world they were raised in. If you think these kids tweets are bad you would go into cardiac arrest if you saw their snaps.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Copeland is an elite talent. He's the kind of talent at the skill spots we haven't been getting the last 7-8 years. Receivers tend to be divas. It comes with the position for some reason. Is he obnoxious? Yes. After seeing Irvin on tv for so many years even when trying to avoid him, I'm numb to the Copelands. They are amateur hour.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’ve asked it before without any real answer and I don’t know the answer. What exactly has this 17 year old done beside tweet like a 17 year old? Is there any history with criminal activity? Drug use? Alcohol abuse? Bad grades? School suspensions? Has he been suspended from his HS team? Has his HS coach stated he is a bad apple? Uncoachable? Lacks effort? Not a team player?

I have looked ....although somewhat superficially...and I don’t see anything over the top. I do see a talented 17 year old athlete with an ego. How long is that line? It appears DM is very interested in this kid. I have to believe they have vetted him for all of the above.

I think these kids are ridiculous with their social media but it is the world they were raised in. If you think these kids tweets are bad you would go into cardiac arrest if you saw their snaps.
I said a lot of dumb sh!t as a 17/18 yo. Heck, I even did a lot of dumb sh!t. I’m not worried about a kid having fun with Twitter. As long as he doesn’t have an affinity for other people’s credit cards or other felonies, I’m good.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I was really excited about the early signing period as we seemed to have reeled in the big fish we were looking for. That said, I’m starting to get concerned about this class as a whole - we need talented OL in the worst way and it looks like all of the talented prospects that were considering the Gators are being predicted elsewhere. NPF to Bama or Michigan. Barnes to UNC. Richard G. to Clemson. Any one out there have any good news on the OL or is it as perilous as it looks?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was really excited about the early signing period as we seemed to have reeled in the big fish we were looking for. That said, I’m starting to get concerned about this class as a whole - we need talented OL in the worst way and it looks like all of the talented prospects that were considering the Gators are being predicted elsewhere. NPF to Bama or Michigan. Barnes to UNC. Richard G. to Clemson. Any one out there have any good news on the OL or is it as perilous as it looks?
It looks less than promising at the moment but just got to wait and see who shows up for official visits and hope for the best. Transition classes are rarely very good

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve asked it before without any real answer and I don’t know the answer. What exactly has this 17 year old done beside tweet like a 17 year old?.
He is the biggest dumazz of all the 17yo dummazzes.

Effort isnt always there also but that is common w kids with way more talent than anyone else on the field.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It looks less than promising at the moment but just got to wait and see who shows up for official visits and hope for the best. Transition classes are rarely very good

Your last sentence was my expectation from the beginning. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) the partial class Mullen reeled in at the early signing period raised my expectations. I’m in wait and see mode but it sure would be nice to start getting some positive signs this coming week...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Im happy as we sit for a transition class. Id actually just prefer another running QB, even a stretch type kid.

We know the others on the roster will be encouraged to seek other oppprtunities.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It seems one of the big issues was letting go of Davis. While it may be the right move as I think we got a great replacement, the recruits really liked him. Seems like I remember at least a couple of the big o line recruits saying they would be on board if we retained Davis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.