The National Signing Day Thread

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should send the Del Rio and Trash, just to be neighborly.

Del Rio has already been there. Even as bad as their QB situation is, Saban knows what he would get and would just send Del Rio back. He may accept Trask as a walk-on though.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I realize this is the gator recruiting thread, but I figured I'd leave this here. Slick Willy is going to be fun to watch.

:lmao:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I realize this is the gator recruiting thread, but I figured I'd leave this here. Slick Willy is going to be fun to watch.

May their crash and burn be even more painful and humiliating than ours was... And may it last a long, long, LONG time.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@dubster1 yeah I remember when sum people were insisting we should hire this coach w a losing record.
My barber is a big time nole fan. I went in there the other day and he asked how I was doing.... I told him fine except I had to sit on this garnet and gold barber chair. After a moments thought, I said, “On second thought, it’s only appropriate that a Gator sits his butt directly on top of the garnet and gold.” He gave me a curtesy churckle. But I’m lucky I didn’t walk out of there with an “accidental” reverse Mohawk.

He has completely bought the hype. And is clinging to that year 3 at USF as his evidence that their new coach can build a program and was a solid hire.... seems to be very saitisfied with the assistant coaching hires as well. All I could do was churckle on the inside and just thought... oh you just wait and see & I’ll be welcoming you to the last 7 years of Gator misery.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The Slick Willy stories are hilarious. As an outsider, it’s easy to see where that train is headed. Watching the Nole fans jump onboard a train clearly headed for a cliff reminds me of a bunch of Gator fans circa 2014 (myself included... fortunately, I jumped off before it finally found its destination).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators targets visiting elsewhere this weekend
A detailed look at Gators targets visiting elsewhere this weekend

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...ts-visiting-elsewhere-this-weekend--114232691

This weekend the Florida Gators will have numerous key prospects on their campus taking official visits. However, they will not be the only school hosting prospects this weekend as time counts down to National Signing Day 2018. GatorBait.Net looks at commits and targets expected to visit other campuses this weekend.

- Four-star defensive tackle Coynis Miller is expected to visit Tennessee this weekend. This Auburn Tigers commit has already taken his visit to the Plains and has continued to see others like Oregon, Tennessee, and Florida. The Gators will get the final say next weekend and hope to flip Miller as he plays a key position of need. Under the former staff Miller had the Gators leading at some point in his recruitment, so perhaps the new staff can make a late flip if the visit goes well.

- Four-star defensive end Caleb Tannor is expected to visit Auburn this weekend. So far Tannor has taken visits to Nebraska and Florida, with his visit to Gainesville falling last weekend. Tannor seems to be heading into his visits with an open mind as he approaches a National Signing Day decision. Florida State is a recent offer from Tannor and the Seminoles expect him on campus next weekend. Florida feels his visit to campus last weekend went very well.

- Four-star wide receiver Jacob Copeland is expected to visit Alabama this weekend. This priority target received a visit from Florida head coach Dan Mullen and the rest of his offensive staff on Thursday before Copeland's departure to Tuscaloosa. The Gators have made Copeland a priority as they have him on the top of their wide receiver board. Tennessee and Texas A&M have also gotten visits in the past, but this seems like an Alabama-Florida battle currently. Florida seems to have the buzz in this recruitment heading into the visit.

- Four-star defensive tackle Nesta Silvera is expected to visit Tennessee this weekend. The Gators hosted this four-star Miami commit on campus last weekend, and all accounts that trip went well. The Gators have several of his former teammates on the roster and are pitching a chance to play with close friends and see the field early. It seems like it will be a tough job for schools to flip Silvera at this time with him planing to visit Miami the final weekend before signing day.

- Three-star defensive end Caleb Johnson is expected to visit Auburn this weekend. The Gators hosted Johnson and his mother on campus last weekend and from all accounts it was a successful trip. Georgia hosted him on campus the weekend before and now the Tigers will have there chance to make a pitch. The Bulldogs and Tigers are facing a bit of a numbers crunch as we hit the final stretch, which could be a benefit to Florida who is very high on his abilities and has a big need for scheme fits for their 3-4 defense.

- Three-star tight end Glenn Beal is expected to visit Alabama this weekend. So far Beal has visited Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss. This weekend he will visit the reigning National Champs followed by a visit to Florida next weekend. Tennessee was the team to beat following that visit, bit after seeing Texas A&M the Aggies have gotten the most buzz in this recruitment as of late. Florida is high on Beal's size and ability at the next level.

- Three-star junior college defensive tackle Noah Jefferson is expected to officially visit Ole Miss. The Gators offered this JUCO product shortly after the arrival of new head coach Dan Mullen. However lately the Gatos have slowed their efforts in this recruitment, and still have not sent coaches by to visit with him since the start of the recruiting 'Contact Period'. He says he still plans to visit Florida the weekend of February 2 at this time. With Florida slowing their recruiting efforts Ole Miss is looking much more likely.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from TOS recruiting board):

Iverson Clement: Has gained about 10 pounds and is up to 201.

Jacob Copeland: CDM and the entire offensive staff did an in home with the talented WR. Still think he is UF on NSD.

Noah Jefferson: took his visit to Ole Miss. He is down to OM and UF.

Dorian Gerald: tweeted a final five of UF, Louisville, Aggies, Ole Miss and Arkansas. I think he and Jefferson will go to the same school and the two they have in common is UF and OM.

Gymnastics: Had to throw this in, #5 ranked UF upsets the #1 ranked Sooners.

UF: here are the following rankings of the teams currently in action for UF. Men’s T&F 1, Men’s BB 20, Men’s Tennis 9, Men’s Swim and diving 5, Gymnastics 5, Women’s Tennis 3, Women’s T&F 5, Women’s Swim & Dive 16.

I guess UF might do OK in the post Foley era.

Scott insert last name: Has been a great hire IMO to replace the legend as AD.

Malik Langham: Has seen his stock rise as schools scramble to fill out DL needs. He is at UF this weekend, had a visit from Auburn on the 24th. Vandy, on the 25th. I have heard good things and read some that are not good for UF. This visit is critical in getting Langham’s signature IMO.

Noah Boykin: I am in the words of Larry David, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, ….. pretty sure Boykin will announce for UF on signing day.

Jerzahn Newton: The 2020 DT was offered and is all Gator at this point. Long way to go and we know what can happen like with some of the 2019 class. That said, I don’t foresee a staff change either. Listed at 230, we will see how much weight he adds over the next year.

Malcolm Lamar: Here is what I know on Lamar. UF was the favorite for ML early. Malcolm took a visit to Oregon as he had a prior relationship with Free Willie who had moved from USF. Lamar surprised a lot of folks by committing to the Ducks. Fast forward, staff changes at UF, FSU and Oregon and ML withdraws his commitment. Most assumed he and Thompson would follow free Willie to FSU and he most likely will. Here is what is intriguing, Lamar never liked FSU but he has always liked UF. I believe this is why he has not yet committed to the noles. That said, I still believe (at this point) that is where he will sign.

NPF: this kid has always been hard to read. He is at UF this weekend. He is most familiar with UF. Those who don’t feel comfortable with Urban having him next week have valid opinions. I posted earlier in the week I projected him to UF. That is based on my opinion and some second hand info I received. Apparently I was not the only one to feel this way as UF picked up some CB’s for NPF.

Richard Gouraige: Is visiting UF this weekend.

OL: At this point I think the staff would be HAPPY to go with the two early guys, RG, NPF and Griffin McDowell. If I project today, this is the O-line class. Hate to lose Barnes but this is my gut.

I have some other things I’m working on so consider this part one and part 2 most likely tomorrow. But I wanted to get this out there.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

Haha! The only thing that could be better than watching FSU crumble is if the entire town of tallacrappy burned to the ground. :nolerape:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
May their crash and burn be even more painful and humiliating than ours was... And may it last a long, long, LONG time.

I can't imagine it being more painful and humiliating than these last seven years have been for the Gators. Hopefully, their pain and humiliation last a couple of decades.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mullen at today's basketball game:

“We’re going to give you a football team — I promise you — that you can be proud of when they’re on the field on Saturdays. Our guys are working their tail off right now to live up to what we know the Gators standard is,” Mullen said.

“And on the football field, that standard is not just SEC but national championships. That’s what we promise we’re going to bring back to you here in The Swamp in Gainesville and put the Gators back on top as the most dominating team in the United States of America.”

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mullen at today's basketball game:

“We’re going to give you a football team — I promise you — that you can be proud of when they’re on the field on Saturdays. Our guys are working their tail off right now to live up to what we know the Gators standard is,” Mullen said.

“And on the football field, that standard is not just SEC but national championships. That’s what we promise we’re going to bring back to you here in The Swamp in Gainesville and put the Gators back on top as the most dominating team in the United States of America.”

How can you not like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb