The National Signing Day Thread

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So any news on how the big visits are going this weekend?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How can you not like this.
I love that he’s not shying away from the lofty expectations. Folks like Mac and Bytch Jones talk about “cool to be here” and “brick by brick”. Mullen may never get it done, but at least he knows what he was hired to do.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I love that he’s not shying away from the lofty expectations. Folks like Mac and Bytch Jones talk about “cool to be here” and “brick by brick”. Mullen may never get it done, but at least he knows what he was hired to do.

Mac did the same thing last year - said the Gators were going to kick the door down in Atlanta at a basketball game. Not complaining about Mullen doing it - I love it, personally - but it’s not like the other guys didn’t do it too...

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mac did the same thing last year - said the Gators were going to kick the door down in Atlanta at a basketball game. Not complaining about Mullen doing it - I love it, personally - but it’s not like the other guys didn’t do it too...
kick-door-down-mac.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen really wants to be HERE. He would have taken Miami, Penn State, Tinerc, all those other jobs, but he WANTED UF. He wants to show how important he was to the last championship run and that he is just as good as Creyer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but at least it is in the realm of possibility to Mullinz. Butterteeth was lucky to score 2 TDs in the same game, by design.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen really wants to be HERE. He would have taken Miami, Penn State, Tinerc, all those other jobs, but he WANTED UF. He wants to show how important he was to the last championship run and that he is just as good as Creyer.
Mullen is on record saying that he didn’t go to a big time program and that UF is his home school in that regard.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Damn.....he sure is a big dude. He definitely will pass the "eye test" getting off the team bus next fall.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
(from TOS recruiting board):

Iverson Clement: Has gained about 10 pounds and is up to 201.

Jacob Copeland: CDM and the entire offensive staff did an in home with the talented WR. Still think he is UF on NSD.

Noah Jefferson: took his visit to Ole Miss. He is down to OM and UF.

Dorian Gerald: tweeted a final five of UF, Louisville, Aggies, Ole Miss and Arkansas. I think he and Jefferson will go to the same school and the two they have in common is UF and OM.

Gymnastics: Had to throw this in, #5 ranked UF upsets the #1 ranked inSooners.

UF: here are the following rankings of the teams currently in action for UF. Men’s T&F 1, Men’s BB 20, Men’s Tennis 9, Men’s Swim and diving 5, Gymnastics 5, Women’s Tennis 3, Women’s T&F 5, Women’s Swim & Dive 16.

I guess UF might do OK in the post Foley era.

Scott insert last name: Has been a great hire IMO to replace the legend as AD.

Malik Langham: Has seen his stock rise as schools scramble to fill out DL needs. He is at UF this weekend, had a visit from Auburn on the 24th. Vandy, on the 25th. I have heard good things and read some that are not good for UF. This visit is critical in getting Langham’s signature IMO.

Noah Boykin: I am in the words of Larry David, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, ….. pretty sure Boykin will announce for UF on signing day.

Jerzahn Newton: The 2020 DT was offered and is all Gator at this point. Long way to go and we know what can happen like with some of the 2019 class. That said, I don’t foresee a staff change either. Listed at 230, we will see how much weight he adds over the next year.

Malcolm Lamar: Here is what I know on Lamar. UF was the favorite for ML early. Malcolm took a visit to Oregon as he had a prior relationship with Free Willie who had moved from USF. Lamar surprised a lot of folks by committing to the Ducks. Fast forward, staff changes at UF, FSU and Oregon and ML withdraws his commitment. Most assumed he and Thompson would follow free Willie to FSU and he most likely will. Here is what is intriguing, Lamar never liked FSU but he has always liked UF. I believe this is why he has not yet committed to the noles. That said, I still believe (at this point) that is where he will sign.

NPF: this kid has always been hard to read. He is at UF this weekend. He is most familiar with UF. Those who don’t feel comfortable with Urban having him next week have valid opinions. I posted earlier in the week I projected him to UF. That is based on my opinion and some second hand info I received. Apparently I was not the only one to feel this way as UF picked up some CB’s for NPF.

Richard Gouraige: Is visiting UF this weekend.

OL: At this point I think the staff would be HAPPY to go with the two early guys, RG, NPF and Griffin McDowell. If I project today, this is the O-line class. Hate to lose Barnes but this is my gut.

I have some other things I’m working on so consider this part one and part 2 most likely tomorrow. But I wanted to get this out there.
I
@JeanDelance74: Gator Nation,

Do your thing, bring my boy, and his family to the Swamp!!! @richardg813

Am I correct in thinking this means she wants him at UF?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
NPF looks like future monster. (more like a DE than an OL). We really, really, really need the linemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator