The National Signing Day Thread

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling we will have one more guy pop this weekend. Hoping for Barnes and/or Copeland

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@JCope5era: No longer waiting until Under Armour game. Commitment video coming real soon. Stay tuned‼️

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for all the updates fellas. I'm in Virginia Beach, getting sun....and drunk....trying to keep up w/ all the posts.

Somebody tell Law and Rex to settle down!!!!! :D

I love you guys!!!

WHAT THE HECK WITH ALL THE CRYPTIC TWEETS !?!?!

Back in the 1990's you'd have to wait until Wednesday for your Gatorbait Magazine to be delivered for any news!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Coveted Class of ’18 WR prospect Ja’Marr Chase high on Gators after Friday Night Lights

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...hase-high-on-gators-after-friday-night-lights

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — When cornerback Brad Stewart committed to Florida in this past recruiting cycle, he encouraged fellow New Orleans-area native Ja’Marr Chase to keep an eye on the Gators.

Chase was on campus at Florida this week to take part in the program’s “Friday Night Lights” recruiting showcase for the second year in a row, and liking what he saw and heard from the coaches. He said he was now ready to talk with Stewart a little more in-depth about the Gators.

“We’re pretty close. I used to hang with him back in New Orleans. But after tonight, I think I’m going to talk to him after this,” Chase said inside The Swamp after the event Friday evening.

The 247Sports composite ranks Chase as a 4-star recruit, the No. 21 wide receiver nationally in the 2018 class, the No. 4 overall prospect at any position in the state of Louisiana and the No. 106 overall prospect in the country.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound receiver from Archbishop Rummel High School in Metairie, La., is considering Florida, TCU and LSU and says he has no ranking among the three and no timeline in mind for his decision.

“All three schools are still the same,” he said.

Chase did have a timeline in mind for his commitment, planning to announce his decision live on NFL Network during The Opening recruiting showcase in Oregon a few weeks ago. But a scheduling snafu bumped his time slot and he decided not to make an announcement.

“I looked at that as a sign. I wanted to make sure everything was perfect for me,” Chase said Friday night. “… Whichever one I’m comfortable with the most, that’s how I’m going to make my decision. Whenever that happens I’ll be ready.”

DSC_0270_hohz2p.jpg

Coveted 4-star wide receiver prospect Ja’Marr Chase is deciding between Florida, TCU and LSU. (Ryan Young/SEC Country)
At the time, it was expected he was picking between TCU and LSU, but he spoke highly of the Gators after this recent visit.

While it was raining a year ago when he attended “Friday Night Lights,” Chase enjoyed the opportunity this time to finish up inside The Swamp and envision what it would be like playing inside the stadium.

During the drills that took part earlier in the evening at the team’s indoor practice facility, Chase showed great speed and separation abilities while going up against the cornerbacks at the camp. He didn’t feel he had anything to prove, though, he said.

He was eager to further his relationship with the Florida coaching staff on this visit, and as he wrapped up he felt that had been a success.

“It’s a good place to be. I always want to come back here. Great coaching staff, great football team, SEC, it’s a great place to be,” Chase said. “[The goal this time was] just a relationship with the coaches. That’s what I came to do and I have that now. I like all of them. Coach Skip [Tim Skipper], Coach Kerry [Kerry Dixon], Coach Mac (Jim McElwain), all of them. They’re just good people, they treat me like family. … They say I’d be a great fit.”

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Curtis Dunlap 4* OG commits on 7/18
Kyle Pitts 4* TE commits on 7/20
Dante Lang 3* DE commits on 7/21
Randy Russell 3* S commits on 7/22
Matt Corral 5* QB commits on 7/22

Five commits in 5 days including the highest ranked QB in Florida history. I would say FNL was a success. Mac killed it.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
As a junior, Corral completed 151 of 235 passes for 3,025 yards, 22 touchdowns and three interceptions. He also ran for 346 yards and seven additional scores.

12.87 YPA
A TD every 10.68 passes
An INT every 78.3 passes

You gotta love those stats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member