112 Nik Scalzo QB Fort Lauderdale Gibbons
113 Joshua Johnson OL Miami Southridge
114 Isaiah Stephens WR Tampa Bay Tech
115 Vincent Davis RB Fort Lauderdale Gibbons

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
With Planation (Fla.) American Heritage conducting their spring scrimmage on Tuesday, Florida Gators defensive coordinator Randy Shannon and defensive line coach Chris Rumph are expected to be in attendance. The Patriots are always talented season after season and have numerous top prospects on their roster once again. The crown jewel there for many colleges remains to be five-star cornerback Patrick Surtain Jr., who has numerous schools chasing after his commitment. LSU currently leads for his services, and is the team leading in the 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions as well.

Other prospects in attendance the Florida Gators have interest in are four-star Tyson Campbell, four-star Anthony Schwartz, four-star Andrew Chatfield, and three-star Nesta Silvera.

Bet we land the 3 star. Lol

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It really is sad how far UF has fallen. This staff couldn't sell diamonds if they were being sold for a dollar.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
On the list above, I see UF has 5 commits (all in the top 35), Bama has 2, FSU has 2, and yoUr team has 2. Nice try troll.
:lol:

Yeah we seem to be making progress, but would like us to land some more of those elite in state blue chippers that Bama and others schools always seem to come in here and land under our noses.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah we seem to be making progress, but would like us to land some more of those elite in state blue chippers that Bama and others schools always seem to come in here and land under our noses.

A lot of These blue chippers are IMG. They're not really Florida kids. I just want to make sure that we land the elite true Florida kids.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
On the list above, I see UF has 5 commits (all in the top 35), Bama has 2, FSU has 2, and yoUr team has 2. Nice try troll.
:lol:
I wasn't talking about 2019. Where are we in this class? No Lingard, Tyreke Johnson and hoping Miami, and FSU get too full so we get their scraps while chasing everyone else's commits hoping they buy into Mac's "vision". I hear we're fighting hard to flip Miami's 3* DT commit.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
A lot of These blue chippers are IMG. They're not really Florida kids. I just want to make sure that we land the elite true Florida kids.
That doesn't prevent Bama, FSU, Miami, etc have any issue landing them. Just another excuse used to deflect from this staffs poor recruiting.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Really tired of the hearing the IMG excuse.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really tired of the hearing the IMG excuse.
As you know, I'm no Mac apologist. The IMG thing is real and it's been that way long before Mac. Don't think it's a secret that most are out of state kids with no ties to UF and the Clown that was steering them anywhere but us.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
As you know, I'm no Mac apologist. The IMG thing is real and it's been that way long before Mac. Don't think it's a secret that most are out of state kids with no ties to UF and the Clown that was steering them anywhere but us.

We used to recruit nationally. You're right. Just a waste of time.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We've never pulled recruits from IMG.

Twinkie has been gone forever. They started football in 2013. NEVER? You act like it's been around for 20 years. Need better recruiters.

Kevin Wright is from Carmel Indiana not FSU.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Twinkie has been gone forever. They started football in 2013. NEVER? You act like it's been around for 20 years. Need better recruiters.

Kevin Wright is from Carmel Indiana not FSU.

We've ever pulled recruits from IMG. It's just a fact. Continue to make crap up.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We've ever pulled recruits from IMG. It's just a fact. Continue to make crap up.

LOL. WHat did I make up? They've only been playing football for four years. I bet Urban could recruit there...lol. Oh yeah, he already does. "Never" makes it sound like they've been playing football for a long time.

Four years. That's it. Let's get someone that's not dressed in Belk's wear and go crush some skulls.

That'd be purdy kewl.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think it's a secret that most are out of state kids
Wrong. Less than a dozen are out of state, most years ot is around six. I guess it is fair to say some or many are out of state, but it is no where close to being MOST. Now, the out of state kids are bluechippers, who get inordinate attention, and, of course, Shark Humper has zero chance with those.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good write up on 4-star Safety CJ Smith, we need more like him:

http://gridironnow.com/4-star-c-j-smith-trying-get-others-also-commit-florida/

4-star S C.J. Smith trying to get others to also commit to Florida

Four-star safety C.J. Smith committed to Florida in late March. Since then, Smith has turned from the recruited to a recruiter.

“I am trying to get a couple other guys to join the movement,” Smith told GN. “I got one of my guys, Corey Gammage (from Delray Beach [Fla.] Atlantic), and another one of my guys that committed before me, Divaad Wilson (from Miami Northwestern). Those are two of my guys right there; we are very close.”

Smith (6 feet 2, 193 pounds), from West Palm Beach (Fla.) Oxbridge Academy, is among the top 20 safeties in the country and is a top-250 prospect overall in the class of 2018.

Of Florida’s six 2018 commitments, four are from central or south Florida, and Smith attributes that to one factor.

“I think it’s because of (defensive coordinator) Randy Shannon,” said Smith, who noted Shannon’s record of getting players ready for the NFL.

What type of football player are Shannon and the Gators getting?

“I feel like I cover the field very well,” Smith said. “I’m a ballhawk because when they throw that ball, I’m going to go get it. I can also come down and make tackles if need be.

“I’m most likely going to play free safety at Florida.”

Being able to play SEC football isn’t lost on Smith.

“I’ve been thinking about it lately,” Smith said. “The thought comes to me that I will be playing big-time SEC football on national television and hopefully I’ll be the starting free safety.”

Is Smith solid with his commitment?

“I’m looking around a little bit, but really not that much,” he said. “A lot of schools are not competing as of now because, me personally, I think they’re scared of Florida. They see a hard commitment, so they just back off.

“When I committed to Florida, a lot of schools backed off me in recruiting.”

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First. I thank BMF for all the "diggin' work" to provide this full information. BMF, you are my source.

Wrong. Less than a dozen are out of state, most years ot is around six. I guess it is fair to say some or many are out of state, but it is nowhere close to being MOST. Now, the out of state kids are bluechippers, who get inordinate attention, and, of course, Shark Humper has zero chance with those.

Been proven Mac ain't that shark humper& zero sharks have horizontal tails like that photoshopped fish-mammal combo.
Still, 4 years of nationally highly ranked IMG recruits could be 88 recruited without one Gator commit? I'd like to see a listing of number, rank, and who got them. That accounting might give us a clue on IMG's possible impact on the CFB success of certain "repeat-gets" teams. >> List should be sent to UF AD & HC so he can pass it out to recruiters. What is the probability that some staffer or ex-staffer is promulgating negative concepts about UF? We need spies.

PS >> Thanks again BMF for your "dig-work" and list. It's the most complete work of all posters.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not sure this kid has a "committable offer" from us, but he looks like a good athlete. PJ Fleck (at Minnesota) is legit and a hell of a recruiter....but he's not getting the same type of kids we recruit...or he shouldn't:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/minnesota-corner-commit-talks-florida-gators-offer/

Minnesota corner commit talks Florida Gators offer

It has been a very busy spring for the Florida Gators coaching staff that has included thousands of miles traveled and dozens offer handed out and that continued last week in Georgia.

Defensive backs coach Corey Bell was in Georgia last week and after watching Minnesota cornerback commit Terell Smith (6-0, 170, Snellville, GA. South Gwinnett) practice he delivered some good news to the corner a day later over the phone.

“Coach Corey Bell offered me over the phone,” Smith said. “He was just asking me what position do I prefer and asking me like just questions to get to know me a little better. After that he let me know he was offering me.”

Smith has some schools recruiting him to play receiver and some recruiting him as a corner and Bell told him where the Gators want him to play.
“I told him cornerback is what I prefer,” he said on what position he wants to play. “He said that they were offering me as a cornerback too.”
Bell also explained to Smith that the corner’s game fits what the Gators like to do on defense.

“He said that he likes the way I play the game,” Smith said on what Bell likes about him. “He said that I’m long and fast and that my game is press man and that’s what he likes and what they like to do at Florida.”

Florida has multiple coaches recruiting Smith to Gainesville and the Gators receivers’ coach has shared a message with the cornerback as well.

“I’ve been talking to both Coach Bell and Coach Kerry Dixon,” he said of the coaches from Florida he talks too. “He [Kerry Dixon] just told me to bring that speed down to Florida. We’re still building a relationship so he hasn’t said much.”

Smith has seen his recruitment really take off this spring with several big offers and he explained what the Gators offer meant to him.
“It’s a big offer to me,” he said of the Florida offer. “I don’t really know much about them besides they’re a very successful program and they get a lot of defensive backs to the NFL.”

Despite the big offer from Florida, Smith says he’s still all in with Minnesota.

“I’m solid to Minnesota but I have some interest in them,” Smith said of Florida.

INSIDERS TAKE: Florida is trying to get Smith down on campus this summer and so is Georgia. Those are the two schools that are the biggest threat to Minnesota at this time but a lot of schools are just now offering Smith.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Good write up on 4-star Safety CJ Smith, we need more like him:

http://gridironnow.com/4-star-c-j-smith-trying-get-others-also-commit-florida/

4-star S C.J. Smith trying to get others to also commit to Florida

Four-star safety C.J. Smith committed to Florida in late March. Since then, Smith has turned from the recruited to a recruiter.

“I am trying to get a couple other guys to join the movement,” Smith told GN. “I got one of my guys, Corey Gammage (from Delray Beach [Fla.] Atlantic), and another one of my guys that committed before me, Divaad Wilson (from Miami Northwestern). Those are two of my guys right there; we are very close.”

Smith (6 feet 2, 193 pounds), from West Palm Beach (Fla.) Oxbridge Academy, is among the top 20 safeties in the country and is a top-250 prospect overall in the class of 2018.

Of Florida’s six 2018 commitments, four are from central or south Florida, and Smith attributes that to one factor.

“I think it’s because of (defensive coordinator) Randy Shannon,” said Smith, who noted Shannon’s record of getting players ready for the NFL.

What type of football player are Shannon and the Gators getting?

“I feel like I cover the field very well,” Smith said. “I’m a ballhawk because when they throw that ball, I’m going to go get it. I can also come down and make tackles if need be.

“I’m most likely going to play free safety at Florida.”

Being able to play SEC football isn’t lost on Smith.

“I’ve been thinking about it lately,” Smith said. “The thought comes to me that I will be playing big-time SEC football on national television and hopefully I’ll be the starting free safety.”

Is Smith solid with his commitment?

“I’m looking around a little bit, but really not that much,” he said. “A lot of schools are not competing as of now because, me personally, I think they’re scared of Florida. They see a hard commitment, so they just back off.

“When I committed to Florida, a lot of schools backed off me in recruiting.”

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...A-F3-93-9B-4F-D0-81170525_114430FloridaGators

Oops!

Going forward, the 6-foot-2, 193-pounder remains committed to the Gators, but would like to still take visits down the line. So far he only has two schools likely on tap for the summer, and a full list of official visits for the fall.

“I should be visiting Florida and probably UNC sometime in the summer and those should be my only summer visits unless something changes. Then I think for my official visits I will be seeing Oregon, LSU, Alabama, Louisville, and then Florida.”

Despite his interest to take visits, Smith maintains his pledge to the Gators is strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator