The NES is Returning

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was in Besy Buy Saturday, and as I have been for the last month at any place that sales them, asked if they had any in stock. The guy told me that they are doing a re-release on Dec. 20th. So apparently Best Buy, or at least the local Best Buy, has been holding their stock to sale this coming up Tuesday.
I asked why would they do that, it makes no sense. All of the local Game Stops sale them as they come in, and as far as I know, all other retail outlets have as well. He didn't have an answer and just looked at me.

This is either complete BS, or the guy didn't really know what he was talking about.

Anyone else heard this? ..... I know dougie, you already got yours :tongue:

Sell(s)

Come on man ;)

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have a friend that somehow set up some system to figure out where these are going and he posted on FB a bit ago that Best Buy's are in fact getting supplies tomorrow. I trust what he says, he's already bought multiple units since they came out.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Have a friend that somehow set up some system to figure out where these are going and he posted on FB a bit ago that Best Buy's are in fact getting supplies tomorrow. I trust what he says, he's already bought multiple units since they came out.
Update to say he says stores should have double digit stock. Obviously line up early but just putting it out there. I know some other friends that got store tips from him and were able to buy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

A number of twitter feeds and sites are announcing when different stores are supposed to be getting supply.

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Best Buy is often such an unpleasant experience, I'd just as soon pass and wait until supplier are more than adequate.

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015

I'll bet he's the kind of guy that wants to make sure he's hit the buffet line at least three times before everyone else has been through once.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll bet he's the kind of guy that wants to make sure he's hit the buffet line at least three times before everyone else has been through once.
He actually is giving them all away. He's probably the most generous person I've ever met. Every year at Christmas he gives gifts to friends. Usually it's through Amazon where he'll ask people to write a request and he'll randomly fill them, this year he's giving people the NES.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wario64 ‏@Wario64 Dec 15
"NES Classic Edition sold 196,000 systems in November in the United States alone"

and they could have sold 500k+ if they would have had the units available

I have read where a lot of people in the Technology business area think that Nintendo dropped the ball here, because this isn't new technology. If this was a new system you would want the demand. Too many people are starting to look elsewhere for a mid to low range product.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
still waiting... i think i'll just put one on my Christmas list for this year

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I'll buy one when they intentionally stop the short supply horsecrap. This is to take the stink of the WiiU and to pump the Switch. I just hope I see some of the people on ebay that are egregiously overcharging have to eat it sometime soon and get less than what they paid at retail.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just guessing here, but I think they are building/holding stock of the Classic and then will flood the market 3-4 weeks before the switch is released

pilot-in-fla

Deplorable
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2015
Well, I've been a purchaser of pretty much every Nintendo console and handheld for quite some time but that ends now.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since I missed out on this unit I've been thinking about getting one of the Retron HD consoles.
Amazon product

this is a HD (720p) unit that has a hdmi output, 10' cord on the controller, will work with other wireless controller set-ups, usb power input, and works with NES game cartridges.
2nd & Charles has them for $40 new.

for the games I would pick up one of these type cartridges.
Amazon product

does anyone have any experience with them? If so, what are your thoughts?

they also make other consoles that'll play cartridges from other systems too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.