The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Id call Warren a B to B- recruiter and a C coach.
Gray is A and A.

This really makes up for losing Seider. One of the true elite stud recruiters in the business.

I'm really glad to hear that, especially coming from you. One of the reasons I respect your input as much as I do is that you are knowledgeable and you don't mince words. If English gets dumped and we do well with the DL hire(s) this could be the relatively moderate adjustment that you've been calling for. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we struck pay dirt with another strong recruiter to go along with a first rate player developer for the DL? Go Gators!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interesting tweet considering the word is he's gone....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Maybe we could go all Alabama and make him a "Defensive Analyst"? So we keep him, but not really as part of the coaching staff.

I'm pretty sure he signed a 2-year contract, so if he doesn't land another job we have to pay him next year. Not sure how well it would go to have him around (if he'd be bitter), but yeah, Saban does that often.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'm pretty sure he signed a 2-year contract, so if he doesn't land another job we have to pay him next year. Not sure how well it would go to have him around (if he'd be bitter), but yeah, Saban does that often.

Maybe, but if he gets paid the same to do less work (like not having to travel for recruiting), he may not be bitter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's SO NICE to have some damn momentum, even if there were bumps in the road during the regular seaon and during recruiting.

It seems like we have been a dumpster fire forever (though not as long as Tinerc).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

So it’ll be more of Costanza/PlayNow type of showdown I’m assuming.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gray’s instant appearance makes me wonder if Warren’s decision was made for him.
Gray was available.

I just dont think we were going to get in a bidding war for Warren. Frankly, he isn't worth much more than we were paying him.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
You can buy minced meat.
You can mince across the room - like Sas getting ready for sexy time.
But how do you actually mince a word?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I should be an understood thing everywhere. In football, but in every other job too, you don't know when you will be applying for another position with the last boss or a member of that guy's staff.

I'd say TRob also may have thought he had a shot at DC also. Would have been at least as good as what we had IMO and would have recruited better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.