WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Yeah thank god it was fake :lol:

Dammit @Slevin

200.gif

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
I just find it hilarious how many of you couch potatoes "know" whether a guy is good at teaching football technique. How hard he works. How good he is in the living room. Truth is that, with the exception of a handful of guys because they have stellar reputations & track records, you don't know ****!

leogator

May 5, 2018
I just find it hilarious how many of you couch potatoes "know" whether a guy is good at teaching football technique. How hard he works. How good he is in the living room. Truth is that, with the exception of a handful of guys because they have stellar reputations & track records, you don't know ****!
And the recruiting office tells the recruiting sites who is the primary and who is the secondary recruiter on every recruit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Well as I said, while we were hovering around the 20th ranked class in 2016, and hosting a huge recruiting weekend with targets that may help us close the gap with our instate rival, Rumph was at dinner by the time we got to our car and made it to Main St. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Again, that may have just been the culture he was a part of and not indicative of his individual efforts. So I don't know one way or the other. But as I said, based on what I saw when he was here, I think we can do better.

And yes, there is a measure of speculation and discussion about sports related topics. That tends to happen in a sports bar setting. But ftr, I'm not sitting on a couch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is absolutely true. All we can know really is their reputation.

Even stats are often useless. Remember when someone said Nord was a top ST and TE coach bc of landing a great punter and kicker? (Which he didn't do himself anyway)

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
This is absolutely true. All we can know really is their reputation.

Even stats are often useless. Remember when someone said Nord was a top ST and TE coach bc of landing a great punter and kicker? (Which he didn't do himself anyway)
Wait, you implying Nord wasn’t worth every penny we spent (are still spending?) on him?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Thinking back in life gets a bit fuzzy now, but how many good coaches did y’all have in your life? Vast majority I had experience with were yellers and screamers when you did something wrong but taught very little technique. Good coaching, like teaching, is non stop attention to detail and constant work. That knocks out 90% of the population;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, you implying Nord wasn’t worth every penny we spent (are still spending?) on him?
t tells me Nord was the best coach ever.

@t-gator

:lmao2: I forgot we are still paying that MFer. we were paying him twice what we paid any other position coach, like $750k or so.

what a bargain

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spivey is saying Grantham may get a pay raise because Saban was after him and that he's hearing English may or may not leave but also heard he got a contract extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.