The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Yeah, can you even imagine the reality punch in the face he got? Here he is joining the University of Florida Mighty Gators, thinking life couldn't get much better, texting his friends and family the whole way down. Then he walks through those doors to find a dilapidated coaches lounge, complete with those old aluminum blinds(at least 4 slats bent) and a Pepsi machine with the original logo and 3 total options. He's met by Nuss who gives him the passing intros around the room. Kent sifting through old jazzercise VHS tapes, Nord dozing off during a tense game of pinochle with Shannon, the others sitting on the couch writing "thank you" cards to the families of recruits who'd visited last month, and watching film...well, DVR'd seasons of Shark Week, causing the head coach to excuse himself to the bathroom every fifteen minutes.

He was probably having his agent look for openings by close of business that day.

All the above while singing about "The forces of evil in a bozo nightmare - Soy un perdedor I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Actually, my MSU friend has complained for years that Stricklin did exactly this, and would cheap out on Mullen's assistants. My buddy claims that's how MSU ended up with Sirmon as DC in 2016.

Will see if this is a philosophy for Stricklen or just out of necessity what he did at Miss St. It's not like Miss St has anywhere near our budget. So far Stricklen does not seem to be sparing any expenses. Mullenzes is getting a cool 6 mil a year and Grantham is one of the highest paid DC in college football. Will see.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
sad5alt4.png

This dude be skippin leg-days er day.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So according to Rivals his only two offers were MSU and MTSU (not UT-Chat).
I looked around and could not find any other sites listing offers.
Collins and Hevesy were his recruiters (the D-coordinator and O-line coach :lol:) - Mullen wasn't too worried about landing him.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So according to Rivals his only two offers were MSU and MTSU (not UT-Chat).
I looked around and could not find any other sites listing offers.
Collins and Hevesy were his recruiters (the D-coordinator and O-line coach :lol:) - Mullen wasn't too worried about landing him.
Yeah I think he was joking and being a dick honestly when he said that :lol: just named some small school they were battling with for recruits

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
So he’s got a C+ on his hires so far until we see how this guy coaches...I’m not impressed but then again I’m not in the position to offer any suggestions

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So he’s got a C+ on his hires so far until we see how this guy coaches...I’m not impressed but then again I’m not in the position to offer any suggestions
How is Gray a c+? Easily an A hire

If turner can land one of Moore or Bogle I will bump him up to a B + from a c. His coaching alone is a push with Sal. Recruiting is still a TBD for me

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If true, this isn't the home run hire like Gray. This is more like a sacrifice bunt, which may or may not be beneficial, but is also sometimes the right call to make. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb