The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well... the consensus in the beginning was how pissed everyone was, how could he do this and fcvk Kirby. No doubt we upgraded but there was also a lot of wondering what he got.

Again, shows you we aren't willing to pay. Do you think we are paying Gray $600k?
probably right

leogator

May 5, 2018
I'm sure he was the reason lock and the open receivers torched us
No but his OL was the reason that we never put pressure on Lock. Granted it was all 3 and 5 step drops. His OL was also the reason they ran for 221yds on us. Now credit due to their RBs as well but the holes were created by the OL.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, I meant that Vole wasnt worth $300k, much less $600k.

When Fuente came into VT he kept Gray on and made him take a $15K pay cut....that's when Butters swooped in and we got him for around the same salary he was making before Fuente showed up. I'm sure the Skins sweetened the pot when he left for DC. He's worth at least $500k in the current DB coaches market. If Mullen cut ties w/ English I'm sure they'd pay him more....but unfortunately it looks like he's sticking around another year.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Oh I know that our DTs could not put pressure on him but should have disguised coverages more. Our backfield was confused about their assignments, our safeties were completely fooled and we played pretty vanilla on defense. I would have brought the house couple of times in the beginning of the game, hit Lock hard, disguise coverages and blitzes, etc.
But overall his OL did a great job protecting him and opening holes for him. Franks had a 9/22 outing and was replaced by Trask.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Well he was at Georgia for 4 years and then Louisville and MSU. I thought his defense at MSU was very good, but then he had Simmons and Sweat on the DL. Improved ours from 69th in 2017 to 20th in 2018 with pretty much the same deficient talent as 2017. We should have a much better roster in 2019 particularly in the backfield and LB.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
247 is saying that Cross circled back and asked to come visit us and we said no. He'll visit Georgia instead. We also said no to Gant. We must evaluate them a lot different than other staffs.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all see Sunseri isn't even coaching DL there? It'll be something like ILBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator