The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, but of course those two leaving still only frees up $778,000 in the UAA budget. So there is that.
They may have to avoid giving 50 mil or so in "profit" back to the university or wherever it goes every year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
They may have to avoid giving 50 mil or so in "profit" back to the university or wherever it goes every year.

So that is how you think it will go down? You see the UAA reducing its contribution to the University to spend more on assistant football coaches. Oddly that is not usually your opinion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the UAA should spend every penny of football money on football, at least until we've caught up.

How do I think it will go down? We will continue to be cheapazzes until the UAA is cleaned out.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
I understand the napoleon complex just fine, thank you. And for all that hyperbole, you're still wrong. Saban didn't end meyer, meyer flamed out on his own. And for the record, the last time those two faced off, it was in the playoffs, and meyer beat him like a rented mule. It's fine to be excited about mullen and our trajectory without resorting to asinine claims like the man who will go down in history as the greatest CFB coach of all time is scared of Dan mullen.

Maybe you didn't notice but our DL significantly outpaced expectations this year. That's an attention getting narrative. So if you think Saban's choice to hire Sunseri has nothing to do with interrupting Florida's recruiting momentum during the critical year 2 class, you simply aren't paying attention. He makes moves that he feels benefit him but also harm his competitors. And I'm sorry, but if Saban isn't concerned about Florida's rise going forward, he isn't paying attention either, because Mullen can certainly coach em up and dial em up. All that's left to do is to coax them in the barn door.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think the UAA should spend every penny of football money on football, at least until we've caught up.

How do I think it will go down? We will continue to be cheapazzes until the UAA is cleaned out.

I do not think anything has changed in the UAA. The reason UF got Stricklin was no one that wanted full power would take the job and the part Foley wanted to give up, fund raising, was Stricklin's area of expertise and skill. So I expect the decisions of the UAA to be just what they would be with Foley running the shop because he is.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Meyer's downfall was all his own doing. After all before left he had a #1 recruiting class. The failure rate on some of his highest rated classes was astonishing though. He could not recruit a QB to save his life once Cam and Dan left. The locker room chemistry was toxic and the Leadership Council and their clique was a complete and utter failure.

The '10 class was Meyer's attempt to win at recruiting without going head to head with Saban, since he lost that battle decisively in '08 and '09. The results speak for themselves. It was smoke and mirrors.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
They didn't outpace my expectations. We were pretty terrible at times (maybe often) against the run.

I can't quote chapter and verse on yardage, but my impression is that when healthy we were pretty stout against the run for the most part, and certainly better than expected, especially as the year went along.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you didn't notice but our DL significantly outpaced expectations this year. That's an attention getting narrative. So if you think Saban's choice to hire Sunseri has nothing to do with interrupting Florida's recruiting momentum during the critical year 2 class, you simply aren't paying attention. He makes moves that he feels benefit him but also harm his competitors. And I'm sorry, but if Saban isn't concerned about Florida's rise going forward, he isn't paying attention either, because Mullen can certainly coach em up and dial em up. All that's left to do is to coax them in the barn door.
Your expectations much like your silly belief that saban is scared of Mullen are out of whack. Our d line was not great. Our edge rushers played pass well but as a unit the line was suspect against teams that ran the football. If convincing yourself that a coach of ours going to bama means that we have better coaches than bama or that saban is scared of us or whatever other delusion of granduer you may be entertaining helps you feel good about yourself, the team, the program, etc then go for it I suppose.

leogator

May 5, 2018
The '10 class was Meyer's attempt to win at recruiting without going head to head with Saban, since he lost that battle decisively in '08 and '09. The results speak for themselves. It was smoke and mirrors.
Yeah he was was #5 and #7. But the failing was not of recruiting rank but of kids that did not pan out or never showed up. Saban is not the one that forced him to take people that did not pan out, or forced him to only recruit 2 OL in 2008 or Jordan Reed at QB in 2009.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah he was was #5 and #7. But the failing was not of recruiting rank but of kids that did not pan out or never showed up. Saban is not the one that forced him to take people that did not pan out, or forced him to only recruit 2 OL in 2008 or Jordan Reed at QB in 2009.
You think that CUM wanted to land AJ McCarrion in 2009 to run the option at UF?

Actually, looking at the list, there weren't any of these 2009 QBs worth a damn:

Rivals.com dual-threat quarterbacks 2009

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who's the new name on the dline coach board?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He has plenty of SEC DL, he just chose to play a small DT, a WDE, and two rushbackers all the time.

BTW, I don't think we averaged any where near 270 lbs on the DL most of the year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we land MM, who would probably also be coDC I'd think, this would be quite the home run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.