The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

leogator

May 5, 2018
Slayton's stats certainly do not reflect his high grade by the PFF. 1.5TFL, really? Elijah Conliffe are even worse

Slayton:
Games played 9
Solo tackles 4
Assisted 17
Tackles for a loss 1.5
Sacks 0

Conliffe:
Games played 6
Solo tackles 0
Assisted 13
Tackles for a loss 0
Sacks 0

Kyree Campbell:
Games played 10
Solo tackles 13
Assisted 24
Tackles for a loss 3.5
Sacks 1.5

Adam Shuler:
Games Played 12
Solo Tackles 9
Assisted 30
Tackles for a loss 3.5
Sacks 1.5

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Slayton's stats certainly do not reflect his high grade by the PFF. 1.5TFL, really? Elijah Conliffe are even worse

Slayton:
Games played 9
Solo tackles 4
Assisted 17
Tackles for a loss 1.5
Sacks 0

Conliffe:
Games played 6
Solo tackles 0
Assisted 13
Tackles for a loss 0
Sacks 0

Kyree Campbell:
Games played 10
Solo tackles 13
Assisted 24
Tackles for a loss 3.5
Sacks 1.5

Adam Shuler:
Games Played 12
Solo Tackles 9
Assisted 30
Tackles for a loss 3.5
Sacks 1.5
Jeebus man, it just shows Shuler was on the field. Now understand this, I really like Shuler..... as a WDE. He is solid against the run and is one of our few DEs that can hold the edge.

Those stats dont show you what coaches grade on, namely holding your fvkking gap ( in a one gap scheme like ours) or holding two gaps and two blockers in a two gap scheme. That is what solid DL play is about.

Shuler did a good job getting some pressure on passing downs but he is simply we outmatched trying ro play inside and take on two blockers. He got blown up ALOT, but we seemed willing to give that up for a better pass rush, I guess. Understand my problem with Shuler is how he was used not how he played. He will be used properly, as a DE, in the pros jist as he was at UWVa.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Jeebus man, it just shows Shuler was on the field. Now understand this, I really like Shuler..... as a WDE. He is solid against the run and is one of our few DEs that can hold the edge.

Those stats dont show you what coaches grade on, namely holding your fvkking gap ( in a one gap scheme like ours) or holding two gaps and two blockers in a two gap scheme. That is what solid DL play is about. Shuler did a good job getting some pressire on passing downs but he is simply we outmatched trying ro play inside and take on two blockers.
And yet look at all those solo tackles. Kyree Campbell did pretty well too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet look at all those solo tackles. Kyree Campbell did pretty well too.
So the other guy who was on the field, right? Whehhhhh....

Youve never played a down of football, have you?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually I did I was a TE/FB and a DE on defense. 6'2" 240. With bad knees.
no offense but I don't believe you. these are pretty basic, beyond basic really, concepts.

lets just get back to our pointless coaching search

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
no offense but I don't believe you.

these are pretty basic, beyond basic, concepts.

lets just get back to our pointless coachinga search

And I don't believe a word you're saying. Your M.O is to attack Grantham. You used to attack Mullen but I guess you mellowed out.
Now, speaking of Grantham, when is he going to stop running a 4-2- 5 and start running a 3-4-4? I think we will have a good LB core.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I don't believe a word you're saying. Your M.O is to attack Grantham. You used to attack Mullen but I guess you mellowed out.
Now, speaking of Grantham, when is he going to start running a 4-2- 5 and start running a 3-4-4? I think we will have a good LB core
Yes, I dislike Grantham and all other Dwags. Im PRIUD of it and wont change anytime soon.

No clue about scheme. I dont know how anyone could. Ive never seen him run this 4-2-5 before (or 3-3-5 if you want to count Polite as a LB). He was always a 3-4 coach. And it is not like we moved to the Big 12.

Hell he was a Sabanesque 3-4 running three 310+ heavies and two 240-250 pound OLBs at Ugly. Now he views 250 lbs as a DT. No fvkking clue what to expect from him.

If only one of our esteemed "journalists" new the slightest thing about FB and could ask him.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I've been watching the various sites for "meaningful information" or "actual insight" regarding the upcoming coaching hires. To nobody's surprise, substance is sparse to say the least. I do however have some questions and observations that I'd like to throw out for some of you guys who know something about the candidates and how they might fit in at UF.

1. Despite my well publicized happiness with the way DM seems to be turning things around, there are some areas in which the need for adjustment and growth are pretty obvious. Like many others, the way KY ran all over us, seemingly at will, left a bruise that still lingers. And the total inability to stop the intermediate passing game, particularly over the middle, against both UGA and Mizzou was the stuff of which nightmares are made.

2. It also seems to me, that we still have some glaring holes in the roster, some which are being addressed by the classes that have/are coming in, and a few that apparently are not. Assuming that we get 1 or 2 additional 4* types to bolster the DL, and that someone (Burney, Dean, Stewart, anyone?) steps up at safety, are we still in trouble if the status quo, scheme-wise, remains constant?

3. Although the defense improved significantly after the mid-season catastrophes detailed above, I'm still concerned about the way in which "new thinking" will be "welcomed" and incorporated into Grantham's ideology. If a genuine heavyweight like MM does come on-board, does that signal the beginning of the end for Grantham, and if so, is that the desired result? Playing devil's advocate, the defense did get better, but there are some risks inherent in the Grantham "high risk / maximum pressure" approach that may never go away, regardless of the talent at safety. All of which brings me to my real question;

Do you view this as an opportunity to shore up the current defensive staff with the best available blend of currently available coaching/recruiting prospects, or do you "go big" and bring in an associate HC/DC type who will likely supplant Grantham in the not too distant future? This is an honest question, because I have no phukking idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.