The Oxrageous Podcast - LSU post-game thoughts

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly put Ox. Cannot disagree with ANYTHING you said. Painful to watch. You know exactly what is going to happen. I will always root for the Gators but this stinch of Muschamp is ever increasing.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n77289 said:
Agreed as usual. I knew that kick was going in from 50 because muschamp finds a way to lose. We have the ball near field goal range with less than 60 seconds and we found a way to lose. If I didn't see it myself it would be hard to believe.

It's all about confidence and "want to"... LSU had more confidence walking their sideline and their players had more "want to" when it became ball hawk time or rumble.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Good analysis, Ox. I notice you sound frustrated and not angry. My feelings exactly. There was a sense of resignation throughout the late stages of the game...i.e., we won't win.
Completely agree with your comment "we never seem to get any better".

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Great podcast. agree agree agree
+1000

I hope I am wrong, but I also think muschamp is not gong anywhere and I would not be surprised at a contract extension- especially if we somehow fall through nothing in our control into winning the East- muschamp gets a 10 year extension and a bonus and decline continues..

The 50 yd field goal was a given- Les Miles is charmed

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you were stocking shelves at Publix and suddenly they named you store manager, would you turn it down? Foley's the one to blame, not Muschamp. Far from it, he's given it his best shot and kept his word on keeping things clean. Foley's the one who deserves criticism for treating the situation like it was his own personal toy. Foley's the one who insisted on giving the head coach a mulligan off the tee and now the green. Foley's the one in the CEO's seat with a comptroller's background. Never again do I want to see the University of Florida athletic director's position occupied by a non-football person. Yes, I do appreciate what Foley's brought to the UAA in terms of top to bottom strength, but it's football that pays the bills and, frankly, we're no longer cutting it.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ox pretty much crystalized the entire Gator Muschamp era in that one 5+ min cast. Just briefly here is my observation: Les Miles is still a pretty good coach. Every coach has a down year but if you watched the game carefully Miles never once played the game to "not loose." He played to win and lo' and behold he won no matter how bad or good his team was/is. I think his head is in Ann Arbor, his alma mater, and this is his last year at LSU. Despite the fortunes of his team this year he is still a damn fine coach and Michigan will come after him hard at the end of the year. As for us? Ox was dead on about the state of our program and the fact that while we are under Muschamp what you see is what you get – nothing will change. For us Gators the year of misery will continue unabated. I have to say if not for both Mississippi programs enjoying Renaissance seasons there would be no enjoyment of college football for me. Watching their fans experience what we did under Spurrier in the early 90’s is kind of fun. So here is my prediction: both Mississippi schools lose their head coaches. One to LSU and the other here. Which one is anyone’s guess. My preference would be Hugh Freeze. Imagine what his offensive style could be like with our talent and recruiting base. Ahhh, I can dream can’t I? Anyway let’s hope it works out that way and Foley doesn’t get really stupid and hold on to Muschamp one more year.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n77287 said:
That's exactly what it feels like. If you didn't know any better you'd swear that is exactly who is coaching. Painful, Putrid, and Pitiful.
Man, I'm glad I didn't get to Gainesville until 1989. I got here in time to be spoiled by SOS. I feel for all you guys that had to live through guys like that. I almost didn't survive Zook but this clown Muschump takes the cake for ineptitude and I stand by my former statements that Fooley is the most over rated AD in history.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n77600 said:
Anyway let’s hope it works out that way and Foley doesn’t get really stupid and hold on to Muschamp one more year.

He's already been really stupid by not firing him last year. I think you meant really stupider or really stupidest or ........

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Ox, you are a pro at what you do. Don't know your background, but it must be in sports analysis, and if you have never been on radio, it's only due to your not being heard by the right folks. You voice the consensus of Gator Nation, especially those of us who have been die-hard Gators for several decades and who truly have now seen it all.

IMO Muschamp's tenure is due solely to Foley's ego. A deal had to have been struck after last year's disastrous season with Muschamp that the program would change. Change, let us recall, is all we heard about in the off season...change in the right direction for the offense with the hiring of Roper. Change in how Driskel would perform because the offensive scheme for his skill set would be instituted in place of the pro set. Muschamp, we all felt, had learned his lesson and was saying all the right things, and wow..even opening preseason practices to the public. Yet, here we sit in mid-October of the hoped for Renaissance and not one thing has changed. It's same ol, same ol. Muschamp still shoves his offensive philosophy down his OC's throat, still acts like an adolescent in public by provoking spectators, Driskel still has no feel for playing QB, there is no leadership on the team, and the team continues to show moments of brilliance followed by hours of pure relapse. The truth of the matter is Muschamp is who he is and the program he has controlled for 4 years is what it is.

It will take the big moneyed Gator boosters to get involved heavily for Foley to fire Muschamp during this season. I think it should happen, but I seriously doubt it will.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LadyGator74;n77652 said:
Ox, you are a pro at what you do. Don't know your background, but it must be in sports analysis, and if you have never been on radio, it's only due to your not being heard by the right folks. You voice the consensus of Gator Nation, especially those of us who have been die-hard Gators for several decades and who truly have now seen it all.
Thank you, that's very big compliment.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Swamped Gator;n77097 said:
You nailed it. Three different offensive coordinators but the same friggin offense....

That is on Will. It is outrageous to have 3 OC's yet have the same offense. WTF!

Painful was the word Ox used and it is. It is an odd team too. They give us hope then flop all in the same quarter let alone the same game.

The Gators could lose all their games against the west and yet still win the Least which is the JV division of the SEC. LMAO!

We know who JD is and are not surprsied by his play. We know who the receivers are. We know who Will is and are all dissapointed he is still the coach. But no one thought the defense would be so bad. Dang it a good D would have shut that Tiger team down last night. Like Ox said this is the worst LSU team in years.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Ox was spot on when he said "this is not Kurt Roper's offense." This offense looks nothing like what Roper has been taught and is about. Take it from a guy that has watched his mentor for going on 20 years. David Cutcliffe was a pioneer in getting his best athletes in space and spreading the field. That's Roper's mentality as well but it's not showing on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.