The Oxrageous Podcast Tennessee Week is up!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You really think that’s the only time he’s shown that he’s thin skinned?

Again, I don't know if he is thin skinned or just passionate. I have never met him. I also am not of the ilk that would do some of the things he has done nor do I deny he has ever acted out. I do know that he is 18-21 yr old. It peeved me to see him brush CDM off early last season after a score and coach was dancing on the sideline trying to get him to smile.

But what I do know is, he went to practice, worked hard, played hard, obvious that he cared, his players and coaches loved him ... yet you continue to harp on the shush incident as if it is the worst thing that ever happened all the while blowing off getting booed on his home field as if it is not a big deal.

Those apples dont add up.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Ox,
The podcast was a good listen. Agree that we may just be better with Trask especially if we can start to hit the underneath passes and pull guys out of the box. That could take some pressure off our undersized OL and get some space to run. The old HBC was pretty good at creating running lanes through an effective passing game. Maybe he can consult on some of our practices. I am with you on how on paper we should have no problem taking out UT. However as you said this game has that strange feel and that somehow we will keep it close. I used to talk football with my Yellow Lab until she passed away in July. One thing I told her was that we could beat any SEC opponent on our schedule, or we could lose to any SEC opponent on our schedule. I still believe that , but as you said the season is suddenly a lot more interesting than it was last week. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh my ! How does anyone do a good podcast on UT? Good podcast by Ox Sports.

Now FF can be a Cold Case File or he can heat up his teammates' desire to romp by his sideline motivation.
To me, though EJ is totally different from Franks, EJ has still been an "almost right" QB.
I worry about the # of "shoulda-coulda" INTs Trask turns lose. UT should be a good team to tone that down.
Perrine has lost my faith. Mullen ran him 3x what he did Pierce when Pierce was gaining 3x per tote than Perrine. Haven't seen many OCs stick with such a non-productive RB.?? Copeland ? M.Davis? would slither through better.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Oh my ! How does anyone do a good podcast on UT? Good podcast by Ox Sports.

Now FF can be a Cold Case File or he can heat up his teammates' desire to romp by his sideline motivation.
To me, though EJ is totally different from Franks, EJ has still been an "almost right" QB.
I worry about the # of "shoulda-coulda" INTs Trask turns lose. UT should be a good team to tone that down.
Perine has lost my faith. Mullen ran him 3x what he did Pierce when Pierce was gaining 3x per tote than Perine. Haven't seen many OCs stick with such a non-productive RB.?? Copeland ? M.Davis? would slither through better.
I agree something is not right with Perine. He looked good on the north south pitch TD run. But he looks very tentative on any type of cut back move. Could be a knee or ankle issue?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I agree something is not right with Perine. He looked good on the north south pitch TD run. But he looks very tentative on any type of cut back move. Could be a knee or ankle issue?

If that's true, why is he playing?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
yet you continue to harp on the shush incident as if it is the worst thing that ever happened all the while blowing off getting booed on his home field as if it is not a big deal.
It isn't a big deal. At all. Not even one iota of a big deal. Poorly-playing athletes have been booed since the Gladiators. This isn't Pop Warner, these are grown-ass men. If you can't handle getting booed, do something else. Do you think Trask would do something like that if he was booed? Of course not.

I'm moving on. Franks is never taking another snap for the Gators and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. I hope he gives baseball a shot, he'd be a fool not to.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
OX:

Spot on again.

I do think this line gets better with time.
Also, we have had people out. For now I'd add a FB.

One thing that stands out...we can't keep going year after year with 80 or less Scholarships.

But one thing about this year, this team does not quit.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
It isn't a big deal. At all. Not even one iota of a big deal. Poorly-playing athletes have been booed since the Gladiators. This isn't Pop Warner, these are grown-ass men. If you can't handle getting booed, do something else. Do you think Trask would do something like that if he was booed? Of course not.

I'm moving on. Franks is never taking another snap for the Gators and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. I hope he gives baseball a shot, he'd be a fool not to.

Im moving on as well ... and agree to disagree on this. I will leave it with this though ... you have been a constant boo bird to him but when he booed you back , you can't seem to move on. I hope Trask lights it up and takes advantage of the opportunity he has and if he doesn't people dont boo him as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Im moving on as well ... and agree to disagree on this. I will leave it with this though ... you have been a constant boo bird to him but when he booed you back , you can't seem to move on.
I made a statement on the podcast that I don't perceive Trask as the kind of QB who reads and gets upset about his slights from the peanut gallery, when Franks certainly seems to. That's it. It wasn't an outrageous statement. To my knowledge, you are the only one who got triggered about it.

And I'll leave you with one thing: If athletes starting stooping to the levels of moron fans like us, then sports wouldn't be able to survive as we know it. Every game would be like a cage match. Players have to be more mature and rise above that nonsense.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Ox,
The podcast was a good listen. Agree that we may just be better with Trask especially if we can start to hit the underneath passes and pull guys out of the box. That could take some pressure off our undersized OL and get some space to run. The old HBC was pretty good at creating running lanes through an effective passing game. Maybe he can consult on some of our practices. I am with you on how on paper we should have no problem taking out UT. However as you said this game has that strange feel and that somehow we will keep it close. I used to talk football with my Yellow Lab until she passed away in July. One thing I told her was that we could beat any SEC opponent on our schedule, or we could lose to any SEC opponent on our schedule. I still believe that , but as you said the season is suddenly a lot more interesting than it was last week. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Sorry for your loss. My lab too hangs out for Gator football, but is a fair weather fan. When things are going poorly, she slinks out of the room. When things go well she bounds back in, tail wagging. I’m sure it has nothing to do with my emotions at those moments.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Sorry for your loss. My lab too hangs out for Gator football, but is a fair weather fan. When things are going poorly, she slinks out of the room. When things go well she bounds back in, tail wagging. I’m sure it has nothing to do with my emotions at those moments.
Ha Ha. That sounds very familiar. Same for my Lab. She always knew when to stay and when to go. She was a very good listener and since my wife quit listening to my Gator rants, Violet became my primary Gator football discussion partner. Unlike my wife, she never interrupted , never changed the subject and always (after a few treats) agreed with all I said. Enjoy your Lab, they are special dogs.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Ha Ha. That sounds very familiar. Same for my Lab. She always knew when to stay and when to go. She was a very good listener and since my wife quit listening to my Gator rants, Violet became my primary Gator football discussion partner. Unlike my wife, she never interrupted , never changed the subject and always (after a few treats) agreed with all I said. Enjoy your Lab, they are special dogs.
They are that. She’s about 12 and 1/2 and has experienced a lot of Gator games over the years. I even took her to BHG one off season so she could have a better perspective during the games on TV. Not sure it worked or if she understood why she couldn’t go on the field - she really wanted to.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I have to admit, although it’s making my skin itch just typing this, but that’s a great intro

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I listened during my morning drive. I’m a little more pessimistic about our offense moving forward. Could be better, could be worse. We’ll find out soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.