"The Plan was good . . ."

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Honestly, when you play a team as talented on offense as A&M you're going to give up a few plays....and a few points (even Bama's D did). I agree that this was a bad "plan" on this play....but during a course of a 60 minute game, 12-15 possessions, you're going to give up a few plays, a few points.

Our problem is....and has been, on offense. It's inexcusable. And "the plan" on offense stinks and the "execution piece" is even worse. And this falls on the coaches. Plain and simple.

And this clown in charge brought back Nussmeir and Nord. It's unbelievable. Most of us called it all off-season....and now we're living it. And the sad part is, we likely see the same sh*t-show next season.....
Exactly correct! Our defense held TAMU to 140yds less than their average, 40 yds less than Bama, and only one TD. Aren't we picking on the wrong side of the ball? Why don't we have a dozen threads on special teams? Aren't they as bad as I think they are?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly correct! Our defense held TAMU to 140yds less than their average, 40 yds less than Bama, and only one TD. Aren't we picking on the wrong side of the ball? Why don't we have a dozen threads on special teams? Aren't they as bad as I think they are?
Of course, but people seemed to have accepted that we will be as fvkked up as a football bat forever.

Moreover, much like when Chimp was here, the defense numbers are skewed by our offense limp dicks. Everyone know that once you score twice the game is over. All the do is avoid throwing the INT that could give us a chance. They didn't score more because they didn't need to and were more concerned about the possibility of a turnover than giving our offense the ball.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Two pages in and nobody has posted this..

"no plan survives contact with the enemy"

Our plan was bad, and instead of adapting we just stuck with it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Of course, but people seemed to have accepted that we will be as fvkked up as a football bat forever.

Moreover, much like when Chimp was here, the defense numbers are skewed by our offense limp dicks. Everyone know that once you score twice the game is over. All the do is avoid throwing the INT that could give us a chance. They didn't score more because they didn't need to and were more concerned about the possibility of a turnover than giving our offense the ball.
C'MON. Are you actually saying that TAMU coasted on a two point lead?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying "coasted" as if they wouldn't have preferred to score more but they were very happy with punting and not taking chances... as well they should have been especially with a freshman QB on the road and Butters on the other sideline.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If only this guy were in charge...

Coach McKay, what do you think about the execution of your offense. His reply "Im all for it" loved that guy

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Of course the offense is the larger problem and the defense played well. And yet, my point isn't that RS is massively screwing up - it's that the punting to Kirk and putting Taylor on him were not great plan, but Macs reaction is to blame players as though the plan is perfect. It's the attitude of "we've got this" that I'm primarily addressing. That play was just the example.

@ltraz - I agree with most of what you wrote, but like you knew they'd put Kirk in the slot for a mismatch, our coaches did too. I'm also ok generally with the cover 1, but do disagree that we had to have Taylor in the slot. During most of the game, regardless of the strong side, Gardner took that role, which is a far better matchup - Taylor played deep. Also, we flex our safeties outside a fair amount in bunch formations and if they are going to trust Taylor in man press, I'd rather him outside on anyone than Kirk running by him like he wasn't there on the inside. Kirk did fake inside though, so Taylor may have been coached on outside leverage and did just blow it. Gardner pushed inside coverage on Taylor's pick with similar coverage earlier on the game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Itraz??? From Swamp Gas? Is that you?? You finally found your way over here!!!

Welcome aboard!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Itraz from GSMB!

One of the REAL Xs and Os guys.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Wasn’t Spurrier one his QBs? :scratchchin:
:bart:
sos was in the twilight of his pro career and the bucs were bad. JJ mckay was the go to WR. Offensive line was just offensive. SOS was almost killed back there.........

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:stars::stars::stars:Itraz,Itraz, everybody yell! Who yelled shutup?
Keep posting Itraz, you'll be HP someday (Head Poster).

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Itraz and Truth both over here! C2's post game analysis thread should be kickin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.