The Real Spring Practice Thread

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I don't know, We haven't heard anything out of spring practice lately. I don't think that 's a good sign. :chickenlittle:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People doubted Trask in high school....put 2 and 2 together :grin:
chloe.gif

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don't know, We haven't heard anything out of spring practice lately. I don't think that 's a good sign. :chickenlittle:

Love your avatar. People today are so afraid of the confederate flag. Good on you. Like the people say from Baker County Fl where I live. "You done did good boy".

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Have we ever stretched out Spring Practice like this before? I really like it. Gives the kids time to let things sink in and allows them to do additional reps at other times (with QA watching or at least watching film Im sure). It seems like we have really stretched out the practices for as long as possible. Makes sense to me.
Nope...I've never seen it this stretched out before. Some kids take longer to process information so i think this is a Great decision by our staff!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nope...I've never seen it this stretched out before. Some kids take longer to process information so i think this is a Great decision by our staff!

You mean like when he gave all the seniors and early draft entrees extra time off vs Mich(bowl game)? That was the best idea ever.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Have we ever stretched out Spring Practice like this before? I really like it. Gives the kids time to let things sink in and allows them to do additional reps at other times (with QA watching or at least watching film Im sure). It seems like we have really stretched out the practices for as long as possible. Makes sense to me.

Not that I can remember. Looks like a good idea for many reason like stated. Also it could be to not get them so worn out, tired, limit injuries, time to heal, etc. And keeping them active for a longer period over time even with time limitations. Like the fact that they've stretched it out to possibly allow some recruits to come in and have better opportunities to attend. Not bad.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And to answer the lock out of the media.......Would you want Dooley, Andreu, and Beeonnkee coming to your place? You get better info from this site than those guys.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I think stretching it out is a good idea. Especially if the players are getting together on the off days to review and walk through some of the things they have worked on in the previous practices!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You mean like when he gave all the seniors and early draft entrees extra time off vs Mich(bowl game)? That was the best idea ever.
You're right. That's exactly the same scenario. Bravo.

Sep 29, 2015
Here's a calendar with every spring practice on it.

I think this practice schedule looks more stretched out than previous years because we typically hold practice on 3/31.

What with the once-in-a-century "March Rewind" we're experiencing this year, Mac realized he couldn't possibly make the guys endure another March 24th practice - it would give a brand new meaning to "two-a-days."

:facepalm:

By the way, which Gator is most likely to look at this schedule and not show up for the 3/24 practice and then complain to Mac, "but it's not highlighted, Coach!"?

Unintentionally: Callaway. Intentionally: Powell (or some other senior who can get away with it)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb