The Real Spring Practice Thread

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes he was stupid to continue playing and coach was an idiot not to notice. I don't think his confidence is shot, and we have no evidence either way. Fall practice will be here and I hope that the QB who can execute our offense best will start. What do you think might have happened if AA had replaced him after his injury? I think we might have been much better off.

Hard to say. AA was inconsistent too. Had much better arm strength, but his accuracy was hit and miss. I'm in the camp we should have went ahead and started getting Franks some play time since he is most likely the heir apparent.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I might agree but the question is if he won 9. I also don't want him, but I want someone to actually win the job, not get it because of some bias. Now perhaps LDR got the job due to bias, that is somewhat likely. And I hope that anybody who blitzes us is made to pay a hefty price.

Well I would put the chances of LDR winning 9 games in the regular season with this year's defense at about 1%.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Well I would put the chances of LDR winning 9 games in the regular season with this year's defense at about 1%.

It was not a prediction, but an assumption for discussion purposes. Now I don't see this years defense being that much worse than last as long as we have no injuries. I also hope (think) that this years offense no matter who the QB might be (as long as he does not turn over the ball) will be much better in both holding on to the ball and giving the D a rest and scoring points. Only real games will determine which of us are closer to the truth.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was not a prediction, but an assumption for discussion purposes. Now I don't see this years defense being that much worse than last as long as we have no injuries...

It's SEC football... There are ALWAYS injuries...

That's my biggest fear about this years D. I think they'll start the season pretty strong. But when injuries begin pilling up... and they always do... I am just not confident that we are deep enough in talent to overcome them...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was not a prediction, but an assumption for discussion purposes. Now I don't see this years defense being that much worse than last as long as we have no injuries. I also hope (think) that this years offense no matter who the QB might be (as long as he does not turn over the ball) will be much better in both holding on to the ball and giving the D a rest and scoring points. Only real games will determine which of us are closer to the truth.

I do because I think the D line isn't going to hold up great against the run especially later in the season. I hope I am wrong however.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't many of our 1st string DL miss late season games and "woe is me" worrying engulfed us all? Then the 2nd stringers got in there and performed like 1st stringers -- so with a past injured DL back hasn't that 2nd string, now experienced, given us some better depth? ... or is it just a numbers thing? Still, hope everybody's wearing Copperfit up to their necks.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't many of our 1st string DL miss late season games and "woe is me" worrying engulfed us all? Then the 2nd stringers got in there and performed like 1st stringers -- so with a past injured DL back hasn't that 2nd string, now experienced, given us some better depth? ... or is it just a numbers thing? Still, hope everybody's wearing Copperfit up to their necks.

Uhhhh...performed like 1st stringers on DL? They gave up 219 rushing yds to LSU, and around 240 each to FSU and Bammer.

Nails.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"When Luke (Del Rio) went down he was playing pretty good. We had things clicking pretty good,"

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Ole Butterteef had it going on last year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"When Luke (Del Rio) went down he was playing pretty good. We had things clicking pretty good,"

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Ole Butterteef had it going on last year.
He's right. I think our offense was only a few spots shy of breaking the top 100.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How the hell does Trask have an injured knee? When was the last time he took a hit? 2014?

I don't think the kid even knew anything was wrong. I heard Mac talking about it in a presser. He made it sound like it was no real big deal and Trask had been practicing right along. This was just getting it taken care of while there was dead time I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb