Aug 4, 2018
How is UF higher than a&m? Thought they were a $$powerhouse

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why wouldn't you link to the page instead of making a screenshot with no hyperlink?

Oh yeah, and FVKK YOU Foley. You inherited the most profitable program with the most revenue in the SEC and made us middle of the pack. You GOAT you.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As for Alabama's modest position: those figures include only what is reported to the IRS !!

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Don't those run at a "loss"? Too much promo merchandise.
It's no secret that I'm in construction at uf and have a friend that's a project manager at housing.
Well, he had to attend an elevator seminar at bama and while talking to one of the UA counterparts in attendance he stated "I'm surprised there's not scooters running all around here" to which the UA guy stated
"scooters, our guys drive chargers" he said they both had a good laugh. They know.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What a strange article by Saturday Down South. Have the numbers even been filed for last year yet?

Here is a better article from September 2018:

College Football's Most Valuable Teams: Texas A&M Jumps To No. 1

It’s been widely reported that the Aggies closed the gap with the cross-state rival Longhorns because of a vast increase in contributions. And indeed, from 2014 through the 2016-17 season, the Texas A&M athletic department earned $260 million in contributions, nearly double what any other school made in that time. For reference, in those years, Texas had total athletic contributions of $123 million; Florida, which ranks second in the category, totaled contributions of $138 million. Texas A&M, meanwhile, allocated $119 million of its total contributions just to the football team.

Following Notre Dame are four SEC teams: Auburn, LSU, Florida and Tennessee. Calling the SEC home means a huge boost to conference-level revenues, and each program also excels in a different area. LSU, for instance, ranks fifth in ticket sales with an average of $37 million per year; Florida is second in contribution revenue, taking home some $40 million annually.

SO - we’re 2nd in contribution revenue - yet we spend less than just about any football program ON FOOTBALL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
yes, 140 mil in contributions, but not a penny for facilities.

Send more.

These guys are like TV evangelists.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just wonder what Texas spends all that money on since they are #1. They finally had a 10 win season last season but they really haven't done much since 2009 including 4 seasons with losing records which is more than we have had. They have averaged almost 6 losses the past 9 seasons so getting all that money hasn't helped their football program at all...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How is UF higher than a&m? Thought they were a $$powerhouse
Can't download the report, but my guess is it doesn't include donations. Nothing new here. We're rich no matter how you slice it. It's a matter of how the UAA slices it.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yes we act and spend as if all Gators are important, not just say football and men's basketball. We also expect and get SEC championship performance out of every female sport. Now football needs some investments and they are going to get them. TAM raised a lot of money to replace their stadium so that is why they have a large number.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just wonder what Texas spends all that money on since they are #1. They finally had a 10 win season last season but they really haven't done much since 2009 including 4 seasons with losing records which is more than we have had. They have averaged almost 6 losses the past 9 seasons so getting all that money hasn't helped their football program at all...
Yes, ****ty coaches can keep you from winning.

Facilites do get them recruits, or at least looks from recruits. Please show me a program with midlevel CUSA/AAF facilities that land top classes.

Remember when you were making excuses about all Mullinz losing being because he didn't have good enough talent/recruits.

Can't quite tell which way you pumptards are going to go from day to day. He lost bc of lack of talent or lack of talent in recruiting class doesn't matter bc he is a great coach who can overcome lack of talent.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yes we act and spend as if all Gators are important, not just say football and men's basketball. We also expect and get SEC championship performance out of every female sport. Now football needs some investments and they are going to get them. TAM raised a lot of money to replace their stadium so that is why they have a large number.
All Gators are equal, but some Gators are more equal than others.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Yes, ****ty coaches can keep you from winning.

Facilites do get them recruits, or at least looks from recruits. Please show me a program with midlevel CUSA/AAF facilities that land top classes.

Remember when you were making excuses about all Mullinz losing being because he didn't have good enough talent/recruits.

Can't quite tell which way you pumptards are going to go from day to day. He lost bc of lack of talent or lack of talent in recruiting class doesn't matter bc he is a great coach who can overcome lack of talent.

Lol pumptards

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
All Gators are equal, but some Gators are more equal than others.

Not in the arena of being student athletes according to me. Sure in life some will earn more money, do more good, make more mistakes, etc.

Sure we got behind due to a philosophy that I bet came from more than the AD. Not getting in an arm's race is something I support, having state of the art facilities in every sport and being competitive within the rules to obtain recruits.

Would we want to do what TAM did and tear down the swamp and replace it, even it that was possible?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Not in the arena of being student athletes according to me. Sure in life some will earn more money, do more good, make more mistakes, etc.

Sure we got behind due to a philosophy that I bet came from more than the AD. Not getting in an arm's race is something I support, having state of the art facilities in every sport and being competitive within the rules to obtain recruits.

Would we want to do what TAM did and tear down the swamp and replace it, even it that was possible?
Sorry, in my usual smart azz way I was trying to say that while the UAA sort of has to say all student athletes are the same, we all know the reality is something very different. Obviously football brings in the big bucks and so to compete the UAA must spend more on the football program. While clearly not tearing down the Swamp, they do need to upgrade facilities and housing - i.e. spend a lot more $ on football than the other sports. So among student athletes, football players are “more equal” than the ones playing non revenue sports. In an ideal world, it wouldn’t be this way, but our world is far from ideal.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sorry, in my usual smart azz way I was trying to say that while the UAA sort of has to say all student athletes are the same, we all know the reality is something very different. Obviously football brings in the big bucks and so to compete the UAA must spend more on the football program. While clearly not tearing down the Swamp, they do need to upgrade facilities and housing - i.e. spend a lot more $ on football than the other sports. So among student athletes, football players are “more equal” than the ones playing non revenue sports. In an ideal world, it wouldn’t be this way, but our world is far from ideal.

I understood what you meant, I want all of them to get the tools they need within our financial constraints. We should not go much more deeply in debt, but rather raise the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.