The Roster By The Numbers

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
roster.png

Here's a look at the current shape of the roster with numbers of guys at each position by class, and the average number of stars on rivals when they were recruited. I removed the walk-ons that have been awarded scholarships and I added in Appleby who was a 3 star recruit back in the day, but isn't currently on scholarship.

I think there is a pretty strong correlation between these numbers and what we've seen on the field.

What do you think?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What do you mean Del Rio's not on scholarship?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you print this out and spin it, you can see a Unicorn about the 3.7 epicenter.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My take away from that chart is that we are blue, grey, and two shades of orange.
Yeah.. that's improper charting.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Younger everywhere than I really thought about.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Wow, it looks quite scientific, so I will break it down the only way my simplistic mind can:

13-DB's. 3 or 4 that can play as of now
8-LB's. 1 1/2 that can play as of now
14- DL's. Maybe 4 that can play as of now
15-OL's. ZERO that can play as of now.
4 TE's. 1 that can play. 1/2 for Goolsby, 1/2 for Lewis b/c neither can play attached to the LOS.
11-WR's. 2 that can play as of now. Sorry Ahmad, you are not one of the two.
4-RB's. Does not matter if O-lines stinks out loud.
4_QB's. See RB comment
2-P/K. Maybe the 2 best and most reliable players on the team as of now.

The last comment says it all. if you need more proof, I have 75 in my count and less than 20 that can play as of now. Nuff said!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From the chart it appears that we are a young mediocre talented ( read star ranking) team. Which is exactly how we have played recently. Well, the bowl loss was a pure embarrassment.

Ole heehaw better pull out a golden rod and conjure up some magic with all his 3 stars, because the golden shower he has been giving the fans is starting to stink.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Two things I see from this is just what a shyt mess the EX-Asshat Coach left us. Second, Mac has got to get the talent level turned around sooner rather than later.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp sucked because of meyer and mac sucks because of muschamp. Can't wait until the next loser we hire gets to blame mac.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Kinda busy looking but interesting.

Does highlight how really scary our LB situation is.

And we still have only 75 of our allowed 85 slots? (Not counting "effort" scholarships awarded to a few walkons.)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Muschamp sucked because of meyer and mac sucks because of muschamp. Can't wait until the next loser we hire gets to blame mac.
I wasn't here then but I would love to know who blamed Meyer for Chump. Especially given your implication that it was a generally accepted and that those exact same people are blaming Chump for Mac's difficulties. The fact remains however that Chump left us without a QB or Oline. Also the fact remains that 'Chump was a certifiable idiot. Or do you deny either of those assertions?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, and don't forget the New Coaches Can't Recruit Rule.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't here then but I would love to know who blamed Meyer for Chump. Especially given your implication that it was a generally accepted and that those exact same people are blaming Chump for Mac's difficulties. The fact remains however that Chump left us without a QB or Oline. Also the fact remains that 'Chump was a certifiable idiot. Or do you deny either of those assertions?
People on this board blamed urban for muschamps short comings. That's a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator