Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Probably the latter. Durty is known for putting words in people’s mouths and being hateful. It’s been a problem for years.

Ha yes I assume this is sarcastic cause I like durtys posts usually. Good people can be hateful too. Especially when it comes to politics if they get most of their news from just about any American news outlet

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Eb2-3KoWoAAMFXJ.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can you show where I said anything about forcing anyone to do anything against their will or taking away rights?

Or are you just putting words in my mouth and being hateful?
no, and that's not really what I said either. You ridiculed others 2 pages back when they scoffed at the idea of football being cancelled over this virus, likening them to heartless ppl who believe playing a silly game is more important than "people's lives!" A purely emotional narrative and far from correct, both from a personal and scientific standpoint. In response i gave you an emotional narrative as well. It's at least as accurate as yours was.

Now as far as putting things in others mouths... I'm a married man now and those days are behind me :grin:

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
no, and that's not really what I said either. You ridiculed others 2 pages back when they scoffed at the idea of football being cancelled over this virus, likening them to heartless ppl who believe playing a silly game is more important than "people's lives!" A purely emotional narrative and far from correct, both from a personal and scientific standpoint. In response i gave you an emotional narrative as well. It's at least as accurate as yours was.

Now as far as putting things in others mouths... I'm a married man now and those days are behind me :grin:

My sarcastic comment previously was more directed at someone's dismissive/flippant response towards someone who was not being dismissive/flippant about the discussion. It was directed at people who feel like this shouldn't even be a discussion and that anyone who does think it deserves to be talked about is just crazy and deserves to be dismissed. It was NOT directed at people who merely have the opinion that we should start football in the fall.

Was trying to be semi funny but if it got under your skin because you misunderstood, or are in that category of people who think the discussion is insane and that people on one side should be dismissed, I apologize nonetheless. I should have taken the high road.

Never said anything about taking away rights though so I'm honored that your wife and I are the only ones that get to have you put things in our mouths.

Last edited:

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
My sarcastic comment previously was more directed at someone's dismissive/flippant response towards someone who was not being dismissive/flippant about the discussion. It was directed at people who feel like this shouldn't even be a discussion and that anyone who does think it deserves to be talked about is just crazy and deserves to be dismissed. It was NOT directed at people who merely have the opinion that we should start football in the fall.

Was trying to be semi funny but if it got under your skin because you misunderstood, or are in that category of people who think the discussion is insane and that people on one side should be dismissed, I apologize nonetheless. I should have taken the high road.

Never said anything about taking away rights though so I'm honored that your wife and I are the only ones that get to have you put things in our mouths.

By the way I do think we should go back but not at full capacity stadiums but I'm willing to listen to anyone who is reasonable and wants to change my mind.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You can move football to the spring, but a bunch of seniors/juniors going to the NFL won't play.

Likewise, you can push the start of hoops back to January from November and have May Madness.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Eventually there's going to be a university that says "screw it, we'll let our athletes play with coronavirus even though the odds of the athletes or other young people getting seriously ill is minimal."
Which university will take that risk?

Not The University of Fuchs

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can move football to the spring, but a bunch of seniors/juniors going to the NFL won't play.

Likewise, you can push the start of hoops back to January from November and have May Madness.

Nailed it

The NFL has already stated that they won’t delay the draft so most schools will have about 60 players available.

Like it or not there is only one decision here.

Play the season this fall or watch the complete destruction of college athletics over the next 2-3 years. It will start with 40+ schools declaring the public school version of “bankruptcy “ while the others cut schollies and sports in an effort to survive.

The strong programs will survive but things will never be the same in many ways to include the hundreds of thousands of kids that will no longer have access to free education

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nailed it

The NFL has already stated that they won’t delay the draft so most schools will have about 60 players available.

Like it or not there is only one decision here.

Play the season this fall or watch the complete destruction of college athletics over the next 2-3 years. It will start with 40+ schools declaring the public school version of “bankruptcy “ while the others cut schollies and sports in an effort to survive.

The strong programs will survive but things will never be the same in many ways to include the hundreds of thousands of kids that will no longer have access to free education
I kind of like this option. I'd love to see all the rest of our programs try to live without football money.

maybe our athletic director would figure out who's actually paying the freight.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If ball started in the spring, there’s no doubt some NFL bound juniors and seniors would sit out. With the exception of Bama, Clemson, and the Sucknuts, there’s maybe 2-3 players per roster.

Most players would need to get tape out for the pro scouts, so I don’t think the rosters would be as depleted as most think.

I am VERY pessimistic of getting ball this fall. I think the AD’s will agree it’s better to have water-downed spring ball to capture some revenue than no ball at all.

But what do I know, I’m clearly not as business minded as Stricklin, who has gotten great returns on AD cash. :jerkit:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If ball started in the spring, there’s no doubt some NFL bound juniors and seniors would sit out. With the exception of Bama, Clemson, and the Sucknuts, there’s maybe 2-3 players per roster.

Most players would need to get tape out for the pro scouts, so I don’t think the rosters would be as depleted as most think.

I am VERY pessimistic of getting ball this fall. I think the AD’s will agree it’s better to have water-downed spring ball to capture some revenue than no ball at all.

But what do I know, I’m clearly not as business minded as Stricklin, who has gotten great returns on AD cash. :jerkit:

Each team would lose way more than 2-3 players.
The draft would occur during the season not at the end so nearly every draft eligible player would sit out.
No player wants to get injured 3 days before the draft nor would any team want a draft pick getting hurt the week after the draft so this would not be subtle like skipping a bowl game it would be widespread.

I truly love college football and I am sad to see that it is very possible that it’s best days are in the past. Between the economic fallout from either no season or a late season and the social tyranny underway I see the potential for irreparable damage.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Each team would lose way more than 2-3 players.
The draft would occur during the season not at the end so nearly every draft eligible player would sit out.
No player wants to get injured 3 days before the draft nor would any team want a draft pick getting hurt the week after the draft so this would not be subtle like skipping a bowl game it would be widespread.

I truly love college football and I am sad to see that it is very possible that it’s best days are in the past. Between the economic fallout from either no season or a late season and the social tyranny underway I see the potential for irreparable damage.
Draft last year was April 23rd. If ball starts early January, you could squeeze a season in by getting rid of the “Big Al’s Toilet Plunger Bowl” and starting the playoffs immediately.

Maybe get rid of a nonconference game or 2, which would hurt the Woffords, Akron’s, and Western Michigan’s (some good comes of this, screw Mac) b/c they don’t get their pay day beat down

A regular season really is only 3 months and change. A few changes, and I think we get something, and some money can be made.

Not ideal, but better than nuthin’

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm almost to the point to just say fck it anyways. We've gotten to the point that we're letting 18 and 19 year old's who are barely capable of writing their name dictate terms for coaches, university's and in some cases entire state's. It might be a good time to let this current model crash and start over.

I'll take a wild guess but I'm willing to bet close to 75% of the revenue from athletics comes from men with conservative values and these fckers are doing everything in their power to run us off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator