The U.S. Open & LIV v. PGA Thread

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Some of you folks just don't get the "Love of the Game" part of this equation. We are now :just about the benjamins", not the tradition and hard work of those who have come before us, I'm sure my golf hero Arnie is rolling in his grave and I don't blame him. Golf is and will continue to be about the individual excellence of it's players under pressure, not some cocka mammey organization that just throws money at players to get their
participation. But WTF do I know...Go Gators...:jog:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Stray thought:
Like any sport, the best players have elite talent and work at it. They need regular competition to prepare for the majors. Tiger played 15-20 tournaments a year depending on age, health etc., and picked them strategically. Most top players seem to do that, salting in some appearance fees to participate in lesser tournaments.

How does a great golfer like DJ, Bryson or Koepka keep his edge playing 8 big (guaranteed) money, limited competition, 54-hole tournaments a year?

And if the big money was the goal, once you’ve got it how hard are you working on your game vs. other pursuits? If they get all fat & happy, what has LIV bought?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you folks just don't get the "Love of the Game" part of this equation. We are now :just about the benjamins", not the tradition and hard work of those who have come before us, I'm sure my golf hero Arnie is rolling in his grave and I don't blame him. Golf is and will continue to be about the individual excellence of it's players under pressure, not some cocka mammey organization that just throws money at players to get their
participation. But WTF do I know...Go Gators...:jog:
Arnie, arguably, is the one that got the money river flowing for professional golfers. He marketed himself like none before & made bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator