The WNBA - why does it exist?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LOL

I thought it was funny. I suppose ape kissers have no sense of humor.

Seriously, you ought to be ashamed of yourself admitting to watching the WNBA. Tell, me, do you have the "Sex and the City" DVD Collection? I do.

You need to re-read his post, moonshine. But this time read it slowly. You're allowed to move your lips if that helps your comprehension. It's a joke.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The WNBA is able to take innovative risks and try new things where the NBA can't. Some innovations have been strictly iconic: The constant pumping of Melissa Etheridge songs into the building, the orange and white basketball, team names with no 's' at the end, the creative armpit hair styles, etc.. Some of them are game innovations, like the two handed chest high push shot -- aka "the heave."

When Paul Westhead, one of the game's legendary creative geniuses, took over as head coach of the Phoenix Mercury, he developed a system where he'd rotate only two subs in the game, playing the same seven players every game. Each Player focused their game strictly on only one statistical category. For example, the center would focus only on getting as many rebounds as possible and the point guard assists. By having this singularity of focus on a particular stat, they'd often come out ahead and win the game. This groundbreaking group of seven players - often referred to as the Mono Stat Seven - changed the game forever. And while Westhead eventually died of ass cancer, his innovations still live on in the game today.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The WNBA is able to take innovative risks and try new things where the NBA can't. Some innovations have been strictly iconic: The constant pumping of Melissa Etheridge songs into the building, the orange and white basketball, team names with no 's' at the end, the creative armpit hair styles, etc.. Some of them are game innovations, like the two handed chest high push shot -- aka "the heave."

When Paul Westhead, one of the game's legendary creative geniuses, took over as head coach of the Phoenix Mercury, he developed a system where he'd rotate only two subs in the game, playing the same seven players every game. Each Player focused their game strictly on only one statistical category. For example, the center would focus only on getting as many rebounds as possible and the point guard assists. By having this singularity of focus on a particular stat, they'd often come out ahead and win the game. This groundbreaking group of seven players - often referred to as the Mono Stat Seven - changed the game forever. And while Westhead eventually died of ass cancer, his innovations still live on in the game today.

Are you on drugs or are you just naturally demented? Magic Johnson and owner Jerry Buss were of one accord about the boring offense of Shakespeare quoting oddball, Paul Westhead. This weird duck was kicked to the curb and the Laker Dynasty took off. Yes, your Paul Westhead was a Deadhead.

You take this joke WNBA and dare to speak seriously on the topic? The WNBA, the passion, the NFL of the Rachel Madow biker boyz? What kind of spaz freak would spend time watching this politically correct, heavily subsidized boredom fest and ratings Titanic? Oh, yeah, I can name one, STOOL DROPPINGS, the Pol Pot, the Baghdad Bob, heading the lunatic fringe of the Jort Caliphate.

Squirrel, the Redneck Florida Fan, ain't got nothin' on U!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Stefon loves the WNBA.....
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Stefon+spring+break

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can only watch with the sound off. Hearing those chicks scream and grunt every time they hit the ball on their incessant rallies is like having a car key rammed into my eardrum.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only good thing to come out of that league are these guys - the WNB-Ays from 1998-99 (3-point Bomb was my favorite, but I couldn't find it. Box Out and Monday Night are below.

By the way, did anybody get the clever "double entendre" of the WNB-Ays song "Box Out." A real appeal to the Chas Bono/Rachel Maddow fans out there. It's like a "rock out with your cock out" slogan for lesbians.

I got to admit, though, the WNB-Ays put out some pretty nasty funk. I don't mean that as another vagina pun, I actually really like the music.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the WNBA counted every dollar that I've ever spent going to a game or watching a game or buying any fan gear..... they would have $00.00 dollars.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I can only watch with the sound off. Hearing those chicks scream and grunt every time they hit the ball on their incessant rallies is like having a car key rammed into my eardrum.
Was just telling my old lady this the other day. My mom used to love watching tennis when I was growing up. I enjoyed it too, somewhat. She'd have to watch the women's matches with the sound turned down because of all the hollering and noise. Monica Seles(sp?) was the absolute worst. I can remember when she got stabbed live on tv during a match, my mom said "Damn guy was either a big fan of hers, or hated all that grunting and moaning that much."

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It sounds nothing like sex. And most of them are not hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, it's a real basketball league???

Crap. All these years I figured it was just a long-running skit from "In Living Color"...

wanda_zps34b7d26d.jpg

enhanced-buzz-27232-1373414270-1.jpg

Alex.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why does the WNBA have 3 point line? That's just what we need is a bunch of women standing around the 3 point line.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can honestly say that this is the only nationally televised sport that I have watched for less than one minute live. It's absolutely boring and uninteresting with no attractive women to help you overlook the lack of talent and athleticism.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn. I was just reading through the thread and saw that Alvin was posting. I actually got excited to see everybody's favorite punching bag back in the mix. Then I looked at the date of the posts...:weep:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why does the WNBA have 3 point line? That's just what we need is a bunch of women standing around the 3 point line.
No, they simply don't have the strength to get the ball to the basket from that distance.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Up late and bored, huh, buddy?
It's the offseason.

Actually, someone had mentioned the WNBA, so I went to start a WNBA thread. When I put "WNBA" in the subject line, the "similar threads" feature popped this old one up in front of my face. So I figured instead of starting a new one, I'd just bump this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.