The World Moving Forward...

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
95891936-29ef-4877-a4d8-6c9d16bb1c51
Part of what we are doing in schools is contacting parents to encourage students to work online for the remainder of the semester. In the course of one conversation, the parent remarked that “this world won’t never be the same when this stuff gets over!” She may be right, but it troubles me to think of what the new “normal” might become.

One thing in particular that we enjoy is dining out once a week. We try and go to a good local or nearby spot. We avoid fast foods at all costs and are particular about the chains we patronize. We fear that this might drastically change.

I’m also wondering what schools will look like as we move ahead. Bare minimum is that each school, each teacher will have to have a baseline contingency plan in place for electronic/distance delivery and the probability of having to use them is probably going to be quite high.

I can’t help But think that politics Is too heavily involved in this whole affair and as a result, Pandora’s box has been opened. I’m curious what others think may change.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
upload_2020-4-8_10-9-58.png

Thought this was interesting and maybe appropriate.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Church has been dramatically different. I really hope it can return to what it was.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Give the government an inch and let society allow it to become the norm.... the government will keep that inch. Now they know they can have this inch without much push back from the people, it's going to be a new norm in a lot of areas. Several businesses and business types are being shown how obsolete they are becoming. New release movies are being offered digitally for $20, so instead of paying $40+ for family of 4, then $50 on popcorn and snacks, I can watch at home for $20 with my own snacks. Local and chain restaurants that didn't have the money to survive are closing. Their will probably be a shift in a number of industries due to this especially if it goes into more months.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
One thing in particular that we enjoy is dining out once a week. We try and go to a good local or nearby spot. We avoid fast foods at all costs and are particular about the chains we patronize. We fear that this might drastically change.

I've considered making a thread of 'things I miss' related to the Covid lockdowns. Eating out was at the top. I get the same meals at home, but eating out had meaning in my psyche that I'm missing immensely. I think the restuarants will come back. Many will have folded, but some will have survived and others will pop up over time. Americans have a culture that doesn't rely on home cooking as much as it used to, even if it is a forced change for now I think that aspect will come back.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread in PF covering the changes to the education system and socializing of kids already.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've considered making a thread of 'things I miss' related to the Covid lockdowns. Eating out was at the top. I get the same meals at home, but eating out had meaning in my psyche that I'm missing immensely. I think the restuarants will come back. Many will have folded, but some will have survived and others will pop up over time. Americans have a culture that doesn't rely on home cooking as much as it used to, even if it is a forced change for now I think that aspect will come back.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread in PF covering the changes to the education system and socializing of kids already.
I remember reading one about the state of politics afterward. Must have missed the one about education/socialization or forgot about it. Sorry for the duplication.

I'm hoping you are right about the restaurants. That has been our little getaway. I hate the thought of some of the more local establishments being gone, but you're probably right that new places will pop up over time. I guess I'm just at the age that I don't covet change and especially don't like it if it is forced or it replaces something that I really enjoy.

P/S always enjoy your memes, keep 'em coming!

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Face to face business meetings will give way to far more virtual ones and old dinosaurs like my boss that don’t count those as real meetings will have a mental breakdown.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My theme moving forward...

That is what I call a transportive song. Takes me back immediately to my teen years. I can almost hear my friends talking.
The early 70s were the years I learned about life or at least started paying more attention to detail.........obviously not enough as
it turned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator