There will be 100% capacity in the Swamp this season! Will we fill it?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I hope I’m wrong, but I’d be shocked if we exceed 50-60% for most games. Attendance was already declining, students don’t seem to care, and the older ones are likely to sit it out based on precaution and/or to appease concerned family. I think the Covid season just exacerbated a problem that we were already staring down. Again though, I’d love to see it.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I hope I’m wrong, but I’d be shocked if we exceed 50-60% for most games. Attendance was already declining, students don’t seem to care, and the older ones are likely to sit it out based on precaution and/or to appease concerned family. I think the Covid season just exacerbated a problem that we were already staring down. Again though, I’d love to see it.

Agreed. Short of entering an "arms race" to improve fan experience on game day you're probably correct.

giphy.gif

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Planning on being there for the Bama game unless something changes...not going if there’s a capacity limit or masks mandated. I want the real Swamp experience

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

After a decade of futility, and an administration that you know is ok with mediocrity. Supporting a product that the people who are in charge of it, only care enough to get their check from ESPN for. It's a hard sell for families that have to make the decision on how to spend their cash.

When the head coach cares less about recruiting then some of the middle aged men here that creepily follow these teenagers twitter and instagram accounts. It's a hard logical sell.

I guess it could be worse, they could be a fan of a team from the NFC Least.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Winning cures a lot of ills...I heard somewhere...Go Gators...
Luckily, we dont win anything.

Maybe we will win another thumb wrestling championship this year. Or moral victory championship.

Or win a bowl left for the third team in the SEC (bUt iS a NeW YeArS SiX bOWl tHaT UsEd tO MeAn SomEThINg bEfORe PlAYoFfS).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Planning on being there for the Bama game unless something changes...not going if there’s a capacity limit or masks mandated. I want the real Swamp experience

I think the Bama game will be a sell out/full house, but outside of that, who knows? It's a shame the Bama game is so early - I told my sister that 'once we get our asses rolled by Alabama, the rest of the year tickets should be pretty easy to get...' I bought the 3-game package so I could get an Alabama ticket (it'll be my first home game since LSU 2008).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the Bama game will be a sell out/full house....
Lots of Trailerdwellers coming down to watch another epic Dan Mullinz asswhipping.

#WaitTilTheYearAfterTheYearAfterNextYear.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
After a decade of futility, and an administration that you know is ok with mediocrity. Supporting a product that the people who are in charge of it, only care enough to get their check from ESPN for. It's a hard sell for families that have to make the decision on how to spend their cash.

When the head coach cares less about recruiting then some of the middle aged men here that creepily follow these teenagers twitter and instagram accounts. It's a hard logical sell.

I guess it could be worse, they could be a fan of a team from the NFC Least.

I also don't think it can be overstated how much impact even just one year without going to games had on the average fan. As I've said, I literally grew up in that stadium. It just feel like home. But after close to 4 decades of live attendance, I sat on my couch drinking bourbon and beer and being ok with it. More time with kids, more productive around my house, etc. Don't get me wrong, watching people not know how to drive in traffic on 2nd Ave after games and getting home an hour or two later than I should is fun. I enjoy it. But in general, I had no issue attending one game(shoe toss) and spending the rest of the year watching on TV. I can't imagine I'm alone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't imagine people paying high prices for these tickets. They're going to be available for peanuts on the sidewalk just before the game.

All the games except trailer bammer, at least.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I also don't think it can be overstated how much impact even just one year without going to games had on the average fan. As I've said, I literally grew up in that stadium. It just feel like home. But after close to 4 decades of live attendance, I sat on my couch drinking bourbon and beer and being ok with it. More time with kids, more productive around my house, etc. Don't get me wrong, watching people not know how to drive in traffic on 2nd Ave after games and getting home an hour or two later than I should is fun. I enjoy it. But in general, I had no issue attending one game(shoe toss) and spending the rest of the year watching on TV. I can't imagine I'm alone.

That's just it, it was a routine. Once that routine was broken, and other options were available.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
During the muskchump years when they finally killed the 25 years of capacity stadiums, Foley's response to falling demand was to raise prices.

I fully expect that again, because #Economics.

#TrynaMakeUsAWokeSoftballSchool

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the Bama game will be a sell out/full house, but outside of that, who knows? It's a shame the Bama game is so early - I told my sister that 'once we get our asses rolled by Alabama, the rest of the year tickets should be pretty easy to get...' I bought the 3-game package so I could get an Alabama ticket (it'll be my first home game since LSU 2008).

I originally booked that weekend before the schedule came out thinking it would be Tenn...I may have to rethink this

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent discussion from all on this topic. The pollyannas would label this cynical but it’s the honest truth.

SoFla’s reference to fans breaking the routine is completely accurate and this happened for me during the Muschamp era. I stopped going to games regularly and never went back.
Douglas 78 identified the current obstacle for me that keeps me from attending. Nothing can cure the habit of going to games in the Swamp more than the realization that the administration TRULY does not care about winning anything other than the maximum payout from the TV contracts so they can enhance the nonrev sports.

I am not sure when I will attend a game again

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Being an actual fan of the game, going to the game you don't get to really get a good watch of the game. Its more of a social thing. I enjoy actually sitting on my couch, eating my food and getting to watch every single play. You can miss a lot of what's going on in the game when you are present at the game but you get to feel the energy and excitement. You also get to sweat like a pig, put up with annoying people around you, traffic and so on. Ive always preferred watching the game on tv from home and covid did nothing to show that to me.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Luckily, we dont win anything.

Maybe we will win another thumb wrestling championship this year. Or moral victory championship.

Or win a bowl left for the third team in the SEC (bUt iS a NeW YeArS SiX bOWl tHaT UsEd tO MeAn SomEThINg bEfORe PlAYoFfS).

Woah bro, WOAHHHH bro. let's stick to the facts... We won the "6 points away from bama" championship last year. Just like the year before we won the "7 points away from Georgia" championship. This year, we are going for the "5 points away from Bama championship."

Eyes on the prize man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.