Theres blues then theres everything else

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Taj Mahal ~ I went to see John Mayall in Gainesville in 1973 or 74. He opened for Mayall and Taj stole the show.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Albert King was a huge influence on a lot of great contemporary bluesmen. If you look at at the Bonamassa video I posted above, he's playing King's signature song I'll play the Blues for You. Alway's the showman he's playing Lucy, King's custom Flying V. So I looked up some info on King and apparently after he died an unnamed collector bought Lucy. So I figured it made sense that Bonamassa bought the guitar. Then I found a great piece on Albert King's guitars and it turns out Steven Seagal now owns Lucy as well as King's other 2 V's, the first that was lost in a dice game or to pay a debt. Unless Seagal sold the guitar to Bonamassa (which I doubt) he ordered a copy from the custom builder. Below is a link to a well written story fleshed out by Billy Gibbons and Seagal.
Albert King’s Flying Vs

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Albert King was a huge influence on a lot of great contemporary bluesmen. If you look at at the Bonamassa video I posted above, he's playing King's signature song I'll play the Blues for You. Alway's the showman he's playing Lucy, King's custom Flying V. So I looked up some info on King and apparently after he died an unnamed collector bought Lucy. So I figured it made sense that Bonamassa bought the guitar. Then I found a great piece on Albert King's guitars and it turns out Steven Seagal now owns Lucy as well as King's other 2 V's, the first that was lost in a dice game or to pay a debt. Unless Seagal sold the guitar to Bonamassa (which I doubt) he ordered a copy from the custom builder. Below is a link to a well written story fleshed out by Billy Gibbons and Seagal.
Albert King’s Flying Vs

I believe Albert play the guitar upside down. He was left handed and learned to play on a guitar strung for playing right handed.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
An great Otis Redding song covered by Taj Mahal ~ You Dont Miss Your Water Til the Well Runs Dry

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator