Third and Grantham

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I'd be interested on a breakdown of an offense's success when ever the Gators blitz from the S or CB positions (on any down.)

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
And yet some still are not happy with this staff?

Let's not forget we are seriously thin at DB.

This is Butters MacShark Talent

Face it, these coaches are doing more with less with few complaints.

I know we still have UGA, UM and SC but we are already Bowl eligible and ranked with 5 games to go.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think this stat will be tested pretty good in Jax.....BUT if our mofo's are getting off the field before getting beaten down then it will keep them fresh for later in the game and keep our guys(LB's) from getting dinged up also. I really don't care how they do it at this point, just keep doing it. I don't care who our DC is either because someone is getting a lot of mileage out of the current talent level...Way more than most of us thought possible.

I know I've found a lot of flaws in this team over the first half of the season and rightfully so BUT they are what they are at this point and as much as I would love to see them put up a couple of blowouts it's just not them. However for the first time in over a half dozen years I actually feel like we will win in close games instead of sh!tting the bed Butters/Champ style.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy was 3 of 12, which is impressive. But even more impressive was that they didn't get their first conversion until halfway through the 4th quarter.
Good stats. But you don't need to bog down on 3rd when you go 43 yds on 1st down, and 75 yds and TD on 1st. I won't say it was his fault it was his defense.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I dont really understand this. Dont you come to this board bc of SAS and dozens of other characters?

Fighting with SAS from time to time is great fun.
I think I figgered it out. Is he referring to Lieutenant Yeti?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet some still are not happy with this staff?

Let's not forget we are seriously thin at DB.

This is Butters MacShark Talent

Face it, these coaches are doing more with less with few complaints.

I know we still have UGA, UM and SC but we are already Bowl eligible and ranked with 5 games to go.

Seems we were hearing this a lot in 2015 about Butters and Muschamp's talent... I like what I've seen so far, but lets bump those brakes. We beat a good LSU team, and some less than average teams. Similar to 2015.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seems we were hearing this a lot in 2015 about Butters and Muschamp's talent... I like what I've seen so far, but lets bump those brakes. We beat a good LSU team, and some less than average teams. Similar to 2015.
I think the difference between this team and the teams of the past years has been the marked improvement we've seen as the year has progressed. Its like what Mullen has been preaching and teaching is slowly starting to sink in and the players are buying in. The team has started to develop a personality that the teams of the past 8-10 years have lacked. I no longer have the feeling that the wins we are seeing are fool's gold. I think we are heading in a direction that can eventually get us to a championship caliber team. We aren't there yet and will probably lose a couple games we shouldn't, but I don't have the same hopeless feeling I had with Muschamp and McDillweed even when we won 11 games.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I can't put my finger on it but there is just something about this team that seems more "complete" than that 2015 team. The defense was certainly more talented in 2015 across the board but the futility of the offense after WG was gone had to be frustrating to the defense at times knowing how good they were.....hell we just scored 24 points in the second half....on the road none the less. I could be wrong but I don't recall that happening in a long time.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Brother you fool your friends and I'll fool mine...Let's not fool eachother.

You know this team under MusChump and/or Butters MacShark WOULD HAVE FOLDED like a deck of cards in both the UK and the Vandy Game. After the UK game as the Clowns from the Sun proclaimed, our season would have been over!

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Sure I get we shouldn’t be thinking championships yet. But pump the brakes? In my opinion we should do the exact opposite as GatorNation. Go all in....go crazy...sell out every game....deafening noise....pump these kids up....get behind the coaches. In other words create the most exciting, pumped up environment possible.

We can still come on here and break down games and strategies. Hell we get great analysis every week which rivals anything we could find anywhere else. Analysis that is fair, reasoned and balanced.

My message would be get your foot off the brakes completely and slam the pedal to the metal.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
his nemisis
. The defense was certainly more talented in 2015 across the board but the futility of the offense after WG was gone had to be frustrating to the defense at times knowing how good they were.
I was about to point this out but you did. NOW the def. has something to play for. Back then it was so frustrating. I remember playing decent fsu teams to a draw till half time and finally the def would cave. EVen bama at times. I used to think if our offense was just fckn average we had a chance. Tampa Bay was like that early in their existence. GREAT d and no off.

Sure I get we shouldn’t be thinking championships yet. But pump the brakes? In my opinion we should do the exact opposite as GatorNation. Go all in....go crazy...sell out every game....deafening noise....pump these kids up....get behind the coaches. In other words create the most exciting, pumped up environment possible.
exactly. Every gator that could should find tix to jax and go up there with the mindset you described.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good stats. But you don't need to bog down on 3rd when you go 43 yds on 1st down, and 75 yds and TD on 1st. I won't say it was his fault it was his defense.
Very true. Stats are dangerous things. You are right that the lack of conversions might mean that the other team doesn't even get to third down. However, a stat showing a bunch of missed conversions does mean that they stalled and punted a lot.

Similarly, if we were discussing the lack of passing production, somebody could point out that technically the 1-foot forward toss to the slot receiver on a jet sweep that went for 99 yards was in fact recorded as a pass, but it obviously wouldn't be relevant to the discussion of forward passing woes.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

We can still come on here and break down games and strategies. Hell we get great analysis every week which rivals anything we could find anywhere else. Analysis that is fair, reasoned and balanced.

My message would be get your foot off the brakes completely and slam the pedal to the metal.

Agreed. If going into WLOCP with us being 6-1 to Georgia's 6-1, with better wins under the belt than Georgia had does not pump you up, I don't know what would. Mullen and Co can worry about pumping their own brakes / staying humble, and be mindful about the upcoming competition. We on the other hand should hope that the sky is the limit.

Right now there is only one game between us and the SECCG, and that's Georgia. We kept saying "don't look ahead to UGA and focus on what is coming". Well now it's Georgia time. After the UK game we were not sure we could even beat UT, let alone MSU, LSU and Vandy. Pedal to metal. Fvccck Jawja.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't put my finger on it but there is just something about this team that seems more "complete" than that 2015 team. The defense was certainly more talented in 2015 across the board but the futility of the offense after WG was gone had to be frustrating to the defense at times knowing how good they were.....hell we just scored 24 points in the second half....on the road none the less. I could be wrong but I don't recall that happening in a long time.
Yeah, its called knowing WTF to do. Knowing what the play is, what the snap count is, what your assignment is, what the typical mistakes are and how to avoid them, etc. Its the difference between a bunch of 5 stars running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and a bunch of 3 stars that are well coached and playing like a team.

Best example of playing like a team you will find is the NE Patriots. No matter who they have on their team, they all play smart and are therefore successful.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018

MarineSalute.gif

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Vandy in the second half was a good game offensively, how many drives have stalled out this season before they can get started before the second half/previous games. Like I said, I like what I'm seeing, but we really have played one good team. Kentucky beat us like a red headed step child, and they might be a good team when it is all said and done, and LSU was a solid/great win. People acting we are going to be winning championships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb