This is all going to be my fault....

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sorry for your loss CD.
Thank you.
Somehow I've cornered the market on creating memorial videos for family and friends. Word got out that FREE is the best price in town. Trying out new video editing software and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to get it to download by 4pm. :banghead:

My friends and I are catering the dinner after the funeral. He was the president of an international pizza company. Can't we just order pizza and call it a day? :dunno:

He was a wonderful friend and generous man and will be sorely missed.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry for the loss of your friend. I also had a friend killed riding a bike. Sucks.

Best wishes to Seedy for a speedy recovery. I need to get that damn shingles vaccine. I think Seedy is younger than me. I've heard it is terrible.

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Thanks Brad. Good memories. We've done this "tradition" every 5 years with Seedy's parents. This trip had been planned for two years as one last "hoorah" after the passing of Seedy's parents. Maybe we will do it again, maybe we won't. It will take 4 years to recover.

Funeral is Friday. I'll never bike without a helmet again.

Sorry to hear, CD. That’s terrible news. And I couldn’t agree more on that last part. Crazy what hearing something like this can do. I’ll never not wear a helmet moving forward.

Positive note, good looking family pic. Glad you had a good time. Take care of Seedy. Shingles sounds dreadful.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sorry for the loss of your friend. I also had a friend killed riding a bike. Sucks.

Best wishes to Seedy for a speedy recovery. I need to get that damn shingles vaccine. I think Seedy is younger than me. I've heard it is terrible.

Alex.
Thanks. Shingles is awful, or so Seedy says. I'll take his word for it. We should have/could have caught it several days earlier now that we know the symptoms. Even he would consider getting the shingles vaccine so he doesn't get it again. #MeToo

A customer at the pharmacy overheard my conversation with the pharmacist when I was picking up the poison ivy medicine. (Pharmacist diagnosed the shingles from the photo) The customer said to spray it with anti-perspirant to dry it out so I did a test patch. It has healed faster than the rest so I've been spraying everything now. Seedy started anti-viral meds but it was later than it could have been.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sorry to hear, CD. That’s terrible news. And I couldn’t agree more on that last part. Crazy what hearing something like this can do. I’ll never not wear a helmet moving forward.

Positive note, good looking family pic. Glad you had a good time. Take care of Seedy. Shingles sounds dreadful.

Thanks
Just want to go on record that we are not pregnant. :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Let me summarize our vacation:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

View attachment 59047

53 of us made it to the beach and had a great time together. (The couple with the newest baby took 3 days driving there and 3 days driving back) “Next time” we will all rent our own place instead of staying in 3 houses.

@Seedy didn’t sleep well because of awful back pain and wanted to come home early but stuck it out for me. Then what we thought was a sunburn, poison ivy or a rash started getting really bad only to find out yesterday it was definitely a bad case of shingles. He’s in so much pain.

The day before we got to the beach one of my bff’s texted to say the sheriff was at her door to take her to the hospital. Her husband had been in a serious bicycle accident and was in the trauma unit with brain bleeds. Sadly, he passed away yesterday from his injuries.

It’s good to be home but it will be nice when life returns to normal again. Seedy has put up with a lot this past week. The alcohol helped.

This is all going to be my fault....
:cheers:
I'm really sorry about your friend passing. I hope the celebration of his life goes well and everyone can start the healing process.

You have a beautiful extended family. I can see you in that pic but where is Seedy? Taking the pic?

Too much foreground and the subjects could have been more of a "close-up" with more of the water in the background... :stickpoke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.