This is all going to be my fault....

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
“H” is for “harder” :whistle:
FML = fuch my life
FML...this is all going to be my fault.

We are doing one final family beach vacation next summer in honor of Seedy's parents passing. Something we did with them every 5 years. They would pay for 3 houses for about 40 people and we were all grateful. Now instead of the logical family reunion/vacation where you tell everyone the date and location and let everyone rent a place for themselves our family decided this year to do it the most difficult way possible. We rented 3 houses with 23 bedrooms for 52 people and two newborns. We charged each family by the #of bedrooms. One family chose to pay for 2 bedrooms and decided to put 9 people in there. Why, why, why?

Here's the worst part - it's somehow fallen on me and my SIL to make sure everyone can live with their room assignments. I've spent days with a spreadsheet trying to take everyone's wishes into consideration. We can't please everyone so I'm about ready to make sure that everyone is unhappy. :headslap:

Seedy wants to refund everyone their money and say see you there....or not! I'm so close to choosing this option.

FML
Omg... I can't imagine a worse scenario. Entire movies have been made from less.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
bored waiting GIF
It ended up with everything turning out fine. Phone was retrieved and everyone had a fun weekend.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

We are doing one final family beach vacation next summer in honor of Seedy's parents passing. Something we did with them every 5 years. They would pay for 3 houses for about 40 people and we were all grateful. Now instead of the logical family reunion/vacation where you tell everyone the date and location and let everyone rent a place for themselves our family decided this year to do it the most difficult way possible. We rented 3 houses with 23 bedrooms for 52 people and two newborns. We charged each family by the #of bedrooms. One family chose to pay for 2 bedrooms and decided to put 9 people in there. Why, why, why?

Here's the worst part - it's somehow fallen on me and my SIL to make sure everyone can live with their room assignments. I've spent days with a spreadsheet trying to take everyone's wishes into consideration. We can't please everyone so I'm about ready to make sure that everyone is unhappy. :headslap:

Seedy wants to refund everyone their money and say see you there....or not! I'm so close to choosing this option.

FML
I commend you... but you are an IDIOT... but a commendable idiot!!! :lol:

Seriously though, I commend you for making the effort... it's stories like these that make my wife and I huddle in secrecy and say, "Thank God everyone is dead, my sister had no kids, and your brother and sister are both persona non grata to us!" ;)

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I commend you... but you are an IDIOT... but a commendable idiot!!! :lol:

Seriously though, I commend you for making the effort... it's stories like these that make my wife and I huddle in secrecy and say, "Thank God everyone is dead, my sister had no kids, and your brother and sister are both persona non grata to us!" ;)
Guilt as charged.
This won’t end well.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

FML

I made a mistake like that once.

A bunch of us used to get together for homecoming every other year. I had tickets, but not everybody did. Didn't matter though because homecoming was usually a bad team and tickets were easy to get. One of our friends was a former Gator Growl director so she was able to get a bunch of good tickets to homecoming every year.

Well...every once in a while, we choose LSU or Auburn or something for homecoming. 2006 was one of those years. It was LSU. The former Growl director couldn't get any extra tickets. It was a top 10 matchup...#5 UF versus #9 LSU, plus it was homecoming. No only that, but I had ANOTHER group of friends who decided to do homecoming that year, so the regular group plus another group and only a couple of us had tickets.

I was the one living in Florida, I was the one with the connections, so it was on me to find tickets.

Somehow, someway, I had to come up with some 14 extra tickets (plus the ones we already had) and try to make the price fair and try to seat people together as best I could. I called every person I knew, begged, pleaded, negotiated, cajoled. Some I got a face value, some I had to pay a lot for, regardless where they were, I averaged the cost for all (including the ones we already had) so everybody (including me) paid the same price. Then I turned into a freaking wedding planner trying to assign the tickets. Who sat with who, who got the better seats, who got into the coveted "4 together" versus the "2 together", the whole 9 yards. I didn't get the last two tickets until the morning of the game. I ran myself ragged and didn't get to enjoy homecoming weekend until everybody had their ticket in their hand.

Here's the part that sucks. I don't think anybody appreciated how difficult that process was. They just figured it was no big deal to come up with dirt cheap good seats to the biggest home game of the year. Of course we won the game (great game, including true freshman Tim Tebow's first ever jump pass for a TD) and went on the win the championship that year so it was even better in retrospect--but I'll always remember the stress and effort of trying to get those tickets for everybody.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I made a mistake like that once.

A bunch of us used to get together for homecoming every other year. I had tickets, but not everybody did. Didn't matter though because homecoming was usually a bad team and tickets were easy to get. One of our friends was a former Gator Growl director so she was able to get a bunch of good tickets to homecoming every year.

Well...every once in a while, we choose LSU or Auburn or something for homecoming. 2006 was one of those years. It was LSU. The former Growl director couldn't get any extra tickets. It was a top 10 matchup...#5 UF versus #9 LSU, plus it was homecoming. No only that, but I had ANOTHER group of friends who decided to do homecoming that year, so the regular group plus another group and only a couple of us had tickets.

I was the one living in Florida, I was the one with the connections, so it was on me to find tickets.

Somehow, someway, I had to come up with some 14 extra tickets (plus the ones we already had) and try to make the price fair and try to seat people together as best I could. I called every person I knew, begged, pleaded, negotiated, cajoled. Some I got a face value, some I had to pay a lot for, regardless where they were, I averaged the cost for all (including the ones we already had) so everybody (including me) paid the same price. Then I turned into a freaking wedding planner trying to assign the tickets. Who sat with who, who got the better seats, who got into the coveted "4 together" versus the "2 together", the whole 9 yards. I didn't get the last two tickets until the morning of the game. I ran myself ragged and didn't get to enjoy homecoming weekend until everybody had their ticket in their hand.

Here's the part that sucks. I don't think anybody appreciated how difficult that process was. They just figured it was no big deal to come up with dirt cheap good seats to the biggest home game of the year. Of course we won the game (great game, including true freshman Tim Tebow's first ever jump pass for a TD) and went on the win the championship that year so it was even better in retrospect--but I'll always remember the stress and effort of trying to get those tickets for everybody.

Alex.
Good story. This gives me hope. I can’t even imagine the effort for getting 14 LSU homecoming tickets. That is equivalent or worse than assigning rooms to 52 people. Nobody died and you’re all still friends, right? Right?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My SIL and I get all the rooms finalized last week for the families in 3 houses.

One more person is pregnant now and due before the trip.
That makes 3 newborn babies. NONE are housing with us.
Oh and the girlfriend of one of the boys might be coming too. It’s up to 56 people now.
Can’t wait to see what next week holds. Maybe I’ll be pregnant. :headslap:

BeachGator

Mar 10, 2018
My SIL and I get all the rooms finalized last week for the families in 3 houses.

One more person is pregnant now and due before the trip.
That makes 3 newborn babies. NONE are housing with us.
Oh and the girlfriend of one of the boys might be coming too. It’s up to 56 people now.
Can’t wait to see what next week holds. Maybe I’ll be pregnant. :headslap:
My wife and I with six kids are ready to join you. Where?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

FML

Update:
Beach trip is next week. We are up to 54 people in 3 houses. We've had two infants born since the last post and now we have 4 more on the way this fall. I'm busy packing but in reality all I really need is my bathing suit and the margarita maker. :headbang:

And twizzlers and gummy bears for the car.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Update:
Beach trip is next week. We are up to 54 people in 3 houses. We've had two infants born since the last post and now we have 4 more on the way this fall. I'm busy packing but in reality all I really need is my bathing suit and the margarita maker. :headbang:

And twizzlers and gummy bears for the car.
We need pics of you in the bathing suit. And not fake @jdh5484 style pics either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.