This is Florida’s best group of receivers

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve had some awfully good receivers over the years. I’m convinced we’ve never had a deeper set — or bigger one — than the one we’re playing with now.

Pitts 6-6
Shorter 6-5
Grimes 6-4
Henderson 6-4
Gamble 6-4
Zipperer 6-2

And Kadarius, who is one shifty and tough cat. Oh, and add in the freshman running back from Miami, Wright, who’s really contributing out of the backfield.

How do you cover all these guys? You can’t.

So I’m going to say it: This is the most dangerous group of receivers I’ve seen in my 46 seasons as a Gator.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just not so sure about that. Heck , last years receivers were probably better.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two words. Kyle Trask. Someone has to find the open man and put the ball on target. He's doing that so these guys can eat.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just not so sure about that. Heck , last years receivers were probably better.

On paper it was better over the course of 13 games. I think this one will surpass it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Gonzalez is a great WR coach. When you have competition for catches and spread the ball like Trask does, these receivers hands all of a sudden turn into glue traps.

Trask also does one of the best jobs I’ve seen of throwing receivers open, finding the open receiver, and threading the needle.

He rarely throws to his 1st read. He has incredible vision and he knows the routes. He will release the ball before a receiver is even open based on how the defense is is reacting.

There was a TD throw last night where the receiver ran a Fly route but another receiver was running a corner route on a parallel route but stopped and turned it into a hitch. This caused the DB covering the Fly to slightly stutter his steps because the other DB covering the hitch was beat. Trask recognized it and immediately fired it to the end zone. It wasn’t much separation, but Trask knew the separation was going to widen and he threw it before the separation was created.

Trask’s vision is absolutely incredible.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We’ve had some awfully good receivers over the years. I’m convinced we’ve never had a deeper set — or bigger one — than the one we’re playing with now.

Pitts 6-6
Shorter 6-5
Grimes 6-4
Henderson 6-4
Gamble 6-4
Zipperer 6-2

And Kadarius, who is one shifty and tough cat. Oh, and add in the freshman running back from Miami, Wright, who’s really contributing out of the backfield.

How do you cover all these guys? You can’t.

So I’m going to say it: This is the most dangerous group of receivers I’ve seen in my 46 seasons as a Gator.

You're sleeping on Rick Wells!

Whittemore is a solid WR also, and he plays hard. I think he'll have a solid career.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All the scoring throws. Go to 0:30. This is what I’m talking about. There is no one in America that can defend against this — Bama included.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You're sleeping on Rick Wells!

Whittemore is a solid WR also, and he plays hard. I think he'll have a solid career.

I like Whittemore. Yet another piece.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look at Trask pump faking, directing receivers with his hands, rifling the ball to the target. He flashed the full repertoire yesterday. That was one helluva NFL audition.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The QB and the receivers are great but I am equally impressed with the passing schemes. I love watching the video breakdowns of our routes. Coaching has been elite.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look at Trask pump faking, directing receivers with his hands, rifling the ball to the target. He flashed the full repertoire yesterday. That was one helluva NFL audition.
Amazing

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The QB and the receivers are great but I am equally impressed with the passing schemes. I love watching the video breakdowns of our routes. Coaching has been elite.
Astonishing.

On offense you mean, we know.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt we’ll ever have a group as good as 95 with Doering, Hilliard, Anthony, and Green...those guys were something really special

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The WRs made some great catches tonight. They also did a great job blocking. Best group ever? Still a ways to go this season.

I'm happy to see more fun and gun than traditional Mullet ball. Even RBs are getting involved.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
That throw and catch to Shorter for a TD was amazing. 2-3 inches off in any direction its incomplete or picked. Dropping dimes just doesn't do it justice.

Trask was on fire last night. May have been the best game from a qb i have seen. The OL was working too and gave him lots of time. I said if Ark stays rushing 3 and playing an 8 man zone, trask would eat their lunch and he did. EJ looked good but he is rushing the QB power runs a little. Needs to wait a step and pass set before taking g off to let the LBs drop a step or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator