This Is Honda’s New 150-MPH, 190-HP Lawn Mower

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Honda’s Mean Mower V2 is powered by a 1.0-liter four-cylinder engine from a Fireblade SP motorcycle.

honda-mean-mower-v2-103-1530902783.jpg

In 2014, Honda’s British Touring Car Championship partner modified a HF 2620 lawn tractor, called it the Mean Mower, and set the land speed record for mowers at 116 mph. (We also drove the Mean Mower; it was terrifying.) But only a year later, a Norwegian named Per-Kristian Lundefaret took his modified Viking T6 all the way up to 133.57 mph. Honda couldn’t let this stand forever.

And so the touring-car aces at Team Dynamics went back to the drawing board, fitting an HF 2622 mower with a pile of custom parts created using CAD design and 3D printing. They also added a lot of power by installing a 999-cc four-cylinder from a Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade SP motorcycle, which means Mean Mower V2, as it’s known, makes 190 horsepower—60 hp more than before. With that much muscle, it’s almost at the vaunted 1-hp to 1-kg power-to-weight ratio, which is Koenigsegg One:1 territory.
The Fireblade motorcycle also donates its clutch, six-speed gearbox, and full-color LCD display. Shifts are controlled through carbon-fiber paddles on the steering wheel, with the team estimating that the mower reaches 90 mph in first gear.

I hate yardwork. But maayyybbbeeeeeee it's time to reconsider.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just put a Type R and vtec emblem on mine instead.

Im thinking about adding a wing or two on the back and some flourescent lights underneath.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Honey, I'm gonna go out and mow the..................aaaaand I'm done!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.