This is the Best Message Board Ever!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
LeeForThree;n158274 said:
That's why I made this thread. I got banned for saying billy is having a bad coaching game with some of his decisions. They banned me saying I was bashing Billy and then I asked what the difference is between saying hill played terrible and saying billy coached terrible they refused to answer, telling me basically to shut up or I'm permanently banned
I guess the cool thing about these boards is you can say anything, no matter how phckn stupid it is. When you lose four players that took you to four elite 8s and a final four, the heart and soul of your team it is called rebuilding unless you are Kentucky where you have another entire NCAA tourny team on the bench. Now add to that 4 important players all from completely different programs that need to mesh with the rest, a 5 star big whose expectations were through the roof and is lost (but he hustles and works hard I LOVE the kid) and you have real problems. Chemistry is not there, FT shooting is losing games early, The last group played Def so well that their FT shooting did not kill them. Billy D does more with less than any coach you can name. But we all have a right to our opinions. Just dont be upset when others recognize what some actually are. oh yeah injuries early and even still have really had an impact.........but BIlly suciks this year.:coffee:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well of course this place is like home, and Billy has not done a bad job of coaching. Many of the decent players are freshmen, and those with more experience are not performing. When two players are basically all of your offense that means trouble. Perhaps they will improve but I am not holding my breath. This last game was better but still lots of issues including little to no inside offense, plenty of mistakes, and bad FT shooting. None of these are in game coaching decisions and I bet all the coaches are working hard in practice to improve their players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n158402 said:
If coach9 is seriously on auburn boards, how can he call himself a gator fan? That would be indefensible . Is their hard proof of this?
No. I did a quick search and can't find him. However, he disappeared literally the day Chimp got hired by Barn.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n158410 said:
I guess the cool thing about these boards is you can say anything, no matter how phckn stupid it is.

We definitely have the best contingent of angry old pumpers. That's one of the things that makes this best.

2098973.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n158422 said:
We definitely have the best contingent of angry old pumpers. That's one of the things that makes this best.

2098973.jpg
Yeah, StephenPE has really never had anything good to say about this place (plenty bad, however). Yet, here he is, day in, day out. Actions always speak louder than words.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;158410 said:
I guess the cool thing about these boards is you can say anything, no matter how phckn stupid it is. When you lose four players that took you to four elite 8s and a final four, the heart and soul of your team it is called rebuilding unless you are Kentucky where you have another entire NCAA tourny team on the bench. Now add to that 4 important players all from completely different programs that need to mesh with the rest, a 5 star big whose expectations were through the roof and is lost (but he hustles and works hard I LOVE the kid) and you have real problems. Chemistry is not there, FT shooting is losing games early, The last group played Def so well that their FT shooting did not kill them. Billy D does more with less than any coach you can name. But we all have a right to our opinions. Just dont be upset when others recognize what some actually are. oh yeah injuries early and even still have really had an impact.........but BIlly suciks this year.:coffee:

The main difference in success between football and basketball (assuming coaching is relatively equal), is that missing on a couple recruits in one year in basketball can be debilitating while in football you would have to miss out on a large amount of recruits and for several years to boot.

Hill and Walker just haven't been nearly as good as we thought they'd be. 2 players. Doesn't seem like much but that's half the starting lineup and 18% of the team.

Hill is equivalent to a QB in his system. And kids don't stick around in basketball like they do in football. Missing on the two of them is like missing on 15 football recruits in a given year.

BD is a master at teaching so it's not the coaching. We're one year removed from the Final Four for pete's sake! Every coach and recruiting agency had Walker and Hill off the charts. They just haven't found their way yet.

Remember Parson's prior to his junior year? What about Prather prior to his senior season?

We're never going to pull in the recruiting classes of KY, Duke, or UNC. Yet we're always right there with them.

That's a credit to Donovan's coaching.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
LeeForThree;n158274 said:
That's why I made this thread. I got banned for saying billy is having a bad coaching game with some of his decisions. They banned me saying I was bashing Billy and then I asked what the difference is between saying hill played terrible and saying billy coached terrible they refused to answer, telling me basically to shut up or I'm permanently banned

I got banned over there for misspelling Muschimp...errr I mean Muschamp. Then again Ox threatened me with a lifetime ban for putting an extra space between a ? in a thread title here :panic:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n158465 said:
I got banned over there for misspelling Muschimp...errr I mean Muschamp. Then again Ox threatened me with a lifetime ban for putting an extra space between a ? in a thread title here :panic:

This board doesn't have that many rules. There are rules, and Ox expects people to follow them, but they are mild in comparison to other boards. The key here at GatorChatter is don't push Ox's buttons (Wobs), and otherwise follow the very simple rules posted for everyone to read.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n158466 said:
This board doesn't have that many rules. There are rules, and Ox expects people to follow them, but they are mild in comparison to other boards. The key here at GatorChatter is don't push Ox's buttons (Wobs), and otherwise follow the very simple rules posted for everyone to read.

Ox just didn't like me then because I told him Freeze wasn't coming to UF despite what his source told him....Now he refers to me as a "glorious beacon of light" :yes:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n158479 said:
Ox just didn't like me then because I told him Freeze wasn't coming to UF despite what his source told him....Now he refers to me as a "glorious beacon of light" :yes:

I'm glad his "source" was wrong about that.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
GCMB - keepin' it real.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n158683 said:
You need to post more, Brad.

Nothing really to say.

This recruiting stuff is nuts. I follow every post on the recruiting thread... but I will be damned if I get my panties in a wad over it. It's just shocking how bad the previous staff was. Numbing, really.

What's there to say about Billy-ball?

There just isnt anything positive to contribute right now. There is the amusing gif thread in the lounge.

And Nav... C'mon man, I dont visit any other boards. I love this place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator