This is what's wrong with our offense

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Jenny On The Railroad;n84006 said:
I was familiar with Muschmap's philosphy on winning games, but did not realize until I heard him last night, how extreme it has become. With his view, no OC could produce a viable offense- and this comes from someone who only has the most basic football knowledge. I don't know if what I heard was interview with radio staff or part of post game presser, but-

He said something along the lines of now fans finally understand that we have no ability to throw under center. Running the ball is the way to go and needs to be run more.
What I am not communicating well in this because the exact words he said escape me, was a belief on his part ( it seems) that it is impossible for any QBs to pass, useless to attempt it or teach them, , risky and nonproductive, and if he had his way 100% there would be no feigning of effort to include passing as a strategy. It seems he has closed his mind to the use of a pass. He thinks the rest of world finally understands his point of view. and now shares it. That's what he took out of this debacle. He communicates an extreme lack of understanding for the purpose of even having an offense, a lack of valuing it and respecting it as a viable part of a football team. That can't motivate offensive players I think if he could field a team without an offense on he field, he would. Oh, wait- he pretty much has..

Yes, his point was we aren't capable of having a vertical passing game because we aren't good at it and all of us fans saw that with our own eyes. Well that's great but as head coach, why haven't you been able to recruit offensive players across the board (QB, OL, RB, WR, TE), get them in the system, teach them, coach them up, get them to perform and sit them when they don't? And why haven't you been able to hire offensive coordinators and position coaches to successfully help out with these tasks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator