This jaw-dropping Japanese wrestling match looks like a dang action movie

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

This jaw-dropping Japanese wrestling match looks like a dang action movie

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I don't watch any New Japan Pro Wrestling, even though my current favorite WWE stars, Shinsuke Nakamura and A.J. Styles, both blew up in that organization. Part of that shame is tied to missing amazing matches, such as the one that was held Friday morning (a regular Friday night, if you were in Japan) featuring wrestlers Will Ospreay and Ricochet. If you weren't awake in America and didn't catch their "Best of the Super Juniors" tournament match, you missed a hell of a wake-up call. Just look at these moments.

JUST WHAT#njbosj pic.twitter.com/EFFoGQoR3q

— DTAM (@DeathToAllMarks) May 27, 2016
Here's Ricochet using the middle rope as a springboard to transition into a double flip onto Ospreay's back and land on his feet.

Holy ****. #njbosj pic.twitter.com/vtIpg4eb8k

Here's Ospreay getting caught in a fireman's carry, slammed onto the apron, almost thrown back into the ring, followed by a counter swing by Ospreay, who then sat on Ricochet's shoulders and backflipped him onto the mat.

619 from @KingRicochet dropkick from @WillOspreay #NJBOSJ#NJPWWorld pic.twitter.com/5EMvDalBn3

— Jocay (@Jocay19) May 27, 2016
In this one, Ricochet hit Ospreay with a "619," followed by a jump off the top rope, but Ospreay recovered and countered with a kick to the face.

And this might be the best moment. Just watch.

Unreal. #njbosj pic.twitter.com/ZRXIGeEmF5

Neither man went down during this sequence, and like the best action sequences in movies, video games, anime or what have you, it finished with both guys kneeling in an intense stare down.

The match ended with Ospreay pinning Ricochet after two more absurd moves: a tornado kick, followed by a springboard cutter.

Tornado kick, Springboard cutter from @WillOspreay #NJBOSJ #NJPWWorldpic.twitter.com/v9kZx80wXd

— Jocay (@Jocay19) May 27, 2016
Now I want to sit down and scour YouTube for every Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay match, because holy ****, this was awesome to watch.

Work firewall has these blocked, but I watched on my phone - holy cow these guys are good. I haven't watched wrestling in years, and I'd expect Japan to have a theatrical flair to it, but these guys have obviously been practicing the match a lot and these clips are just wow. Hopefully they come thru

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly didnt know Japan had rednecks.

200.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator