This looks really bad (Callaway news)

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Not shaming the victim in any way, but why not go to the police? As bad as it looks that we have a booster adjudicating this hearing, it looks just as bad that the victim only went to the school and not the police. Then again, I can't really delve into the mind of someone who might have been sexually assaulted. Just a bad situation all around, and extremely disappointing.

Agreed. Putting this in the hands of the university was the wrong call.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks bad. If her lawyers don't release the documents HJ mentions, it's probably over. Seems weird she didn't go to the police. Rape kit's a girls best ammo in these cases. Of course the charges are sexual assault, not rape, so that could mean a ton of possibilities. Sure hope Callaway didn't do the thing. HJ seems pretty confident the evidence is lacking proof so hopefully he didn't. This is gonna leave UF with a black eye, no matter the outcome.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not shaming the victim in any way, but why not go to the police? As bad as it looks that we have a booster adjudicating this hearing, it looks just as bad that the victim only went to the school and not the police. Then again, I can't really delve into the mind of someone who might have been sexually assaulted. Just a bad situation all around, and extremely disappointing.
Possibly a money grab after what happened with Winston. Stupid not to go to the cops, especially in G'ville.

Stupid on our part not getting an unbiased person.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Some reason this dampens my excitement for the season a tad. Just hard to believe the school could do something so dumb

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Quit *****ing about it. He'll be there or not. Why get pissy about the season? I can't wait for the season

I expect better. We aren't the Noles brah

This has nothing to do with Callaway being here or not, rather the ethical standards of UF. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pumped for the season, but this definitely puts a damper on it

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Seems weird she didn't go to the police.

Her not going to the police isn't weird. In the average case it is normal. According to the department of justice, only 15-30 percent of rapes are reported. The reasons why are many. The difference here is she reported it. She just went to the student conduct office instead of the police. That is confusing to me.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Her not going to the police isn't weird. In the average case it is normal. According to the department of justice, only 15-30 percent of rapes are reported. The reasons why are many. The difference here is she reported it. She just went to the student conduct office instead of the police. That is confusing to me.

The FSU settlement and Clune painted a clear road-map...how is that confusing?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lawyer Clune just extorted $950,000.00 out of the Noles. Just to make it go away.
No, it's didn't go away. One of three aspects of the suit were settled, specifically with the least culpable, the Clown University. The other two are still to come.

The optics of this for us are terrible. We have real problems in our administration at the moment. It's not hard to find two people to handle this that aren't connected with the football program.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I worded that badly. I meant it seems weird that she went somewhere other than the police to report it.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
it wouldn't be an issue if she had gone straight to the police and not Title IX. she did not wait around to file a complaint, but like it or not and UF's decision on an adjudicator aside, it does throw shade on her claims. a doubt arises if she seems to have been afraid of perjury and making false statements to police or a court of law.

in this case, for the sake of transparency, let's see the documents of the investigation as Antonio's lawyer requests.

i want the truth and justice to be served here. but one can't win either by not showing up or expecting the court of public opinion to do the work for you.

and now we know why everything has taken so long.

Yeah, if you read my posts you'll see that is what I said in not as many words as you.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The FSU settlement and Clune painted a clear road-map...how is that confusing?

In the case of the Nole, she did go to police, it was the TPD that decided not to continue the investigation. I don't know the truth and hoping this is more story than fact, but UF didn't handle this well get someone from outside the program to oversee this.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This is barely comprehensible. If we football fans are outraged, what must UF supporters who don't care for football feel?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. My only concern/question is a student code of conduct hearing the proper place to adjudicate and dispense justice in a sexual assault case without the police and the courts ever being brought into the matter?

Of course it's not but that was her decision.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This is barely comprehensible. If we football fans are outraged, what must UF supporters who don't care for football feel?
This is nowhere near as a big as the whole Winston thing. And we are upset b/c most here haven't sold their souls to a college football team and are pretty rational and self-aware when it comes to this type stuff. The real outrage about halfassu was the massive coverup by the school, the massive aiding and abetting by local LE, and the massive amount of fsu d*ckhead fans slut shaming the victim and felating Winston non stop.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, it's didn't go away. One of three aspects of the suit were settled, specifically with the least culpable, the Clown University. The other two are still to come.

The optics of this for us are terrible. We have real problems in our administration at the moment. It's not hard to find two people to handle this that aren't connected with the football program.

It went away as far as the damn University is concerned. That's all I care about in our case....don't be dull...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.