This shouldn’t even be possible

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
THE BALD FACED HORNET HAS AN EXCELLENT MEMORY, THEY REMEMBER WHO THEY’VE STUNG AND WILL SINGLE THEM OUT IF THEY SEE THEM AGAIN

Unfortunately for those who have got on the wrong side of hornet, the bug will remember your face. Researchers discovered that bald-faced hornets are capable of remembering who they have stung before and will purposefully pursue and single them out even in a group.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
JOHN DENVER HAD NEVER BEEN TO WEST VIRGINIA WHEN HE WROTE THE SONG “TAKE ME HOME, COUNTRY ROADS”

While it breaks our heart to hear it, John Denver had never been to West Virginia when he wrote the song “Take Me Home, Country Roads”. The song was written as an ode to the idea of coming home and was inspired as an anthem for returning soldiers from the Vietnam war.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
JOHN DENVER HAD NEVER BEEN TO WEST VIRGINIA WHEN HE WROTE THE SONG “TAKE ME HOME, COUNTRY ROADS”

While it breaks our heart to hear it, John Denver had never been to West Virginia when he wrote the song “Take Me Home, Country Roads”. The song was written as an ode to the idea of coming home and was inspired as an anthem for returning soldiers from the Vietnam war.
Denver co-wrote this song with Bill and Taffy Danoff - who later achieved a bit of fame in the Starland Vocal Band. Neither of them had ever been to W Va either.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
IT TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO SAY W.W.W. THEN IT DOES TO SAY WORLD WIDE WEB

The abbreviation of WWW is the longest possible three-letter abbreviation when spoken, this is due to the letter ‘W’ having the most syllables of any other spoken letter. WWW has 9 syllables in its pronunciation while the term World Wide Web has only 3.

In the instance of WWW, who says it as, "doubleyou"? I say it as, "dubya".
:exactly:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SQUIRRELS ARE VICIOUS AND HIGHLY TERRITORIAL, MALE GREY SQUIRRELS FREQUENTLY LOSE THEIR TESTICLES AS THEY ARE BITTEN OFF BY RIVALS

Squirrels are known to be ferocious and highly territorial towards their own kind. When male grey squirrels are fighting for mating or territory, their primary goal in the fight is to bite off the opponent’s testicles. A percentage of male squirrels that have been observed don’t have testicles for this reason.
Fact Checker: Do Squirrels Bite Testicles Off Other Squirrels?
I looked this up because I had always heard that the adult "bull" squirrel would eliminate future competition by neutering baby males.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I’m of Irish descent; I find this totally believable.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Favorite quote from the linked story:
“Johnathan O’Dell, a small game biologist for the Arizona Game & Fish Department, has a passion for squirrels that extends beyond his professional life. In 2011 he was one of the first hunters to complete North America’s Squirrel Slam, killing all eight tree squirrel species in the country.”

He has a passion for squirrels all right; a passion for killing them. I know nothing else about Mr. O’Dell, but I think, based on what we do know, he and I could be friends.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Favorite quote from the linked story:
“Johnathan O’Dell, a small game biologist for the Arizona Game & Fish Department, has a passion for squirrels that extends beyond his professional life. In 2011 he was one of the first hunters to complete North America’s Squirrel Slam, killing all eight tree squirrel species in the country.”

He has a passion for squirrels all right; a passion for killing them. I know nothing else about Mr. O’Dell, but I think, based on what we do know, he and I could be friends.
I too like squirrels and in my younger days I loved hunting them but now I like watching them feed and defeating bird feeders with ease.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Denver co-wrote this song with Bill and Taffy Danoff - who later achieved a bit of fame in the Starland Vocal Band. Neither of them had ever been to W Va either.
I never imagined I would have this much knowledge about the individual members of the Starland Vocal Band. GC has again amazed me.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I never imagined I would have this much knowledge about the individual members of the Starland Vocal Band. GC has again amazed me.
More SVB trivia: the keyboard player in the band, Jon Carroll, went to my HS, and my oldest sister knew him slightly.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Good stuff! This is going to a whole new level!

Edit: that's a pretty good band, btw

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
IT TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO SAY W.W.W. THEN IT DOES TO SAY WORLD WIDE WEB

The abbreviation of WWW is the longest possible three-letter abbreviation when spoken, this is due to the letter ‘W’ having the most syllables of any other spoken letter. WWW has 9 syllables in its pronunciation while the term World Wide Web has only 3.
9 divided by 3 = 3. So instead of taking twice as long to say W.W.W. as it does to say World Wide Web shouldn't it actually take three times as long? What have I missed in that explanation above? :scratchhead:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
9 divided by 3 = 3. So instead of taking twice as long to say W.W.W. as it does to say World Wide Web shouldn't it actually take three times as long? What have I missed in that explanation above? :scratchhead:
I thought you were from Alabama (nice try fooling us by showing some basic math skills); according to everyone I know from there, W is two syllables: "dub ya." Therefore it is 6 divided by 3.
:exactly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.