This shouldn’t even be possible

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Which makes most of those self portraits even more remarkable.

here's his latest work:

iu

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
1673222053557.png

beginning in 1902, buyers of Quaker Oatmeal could find a coupon redeemable for an actual deed to a small plot of land in Milford. The tiny parcels were in a subdivision called "Liberty Park" that existed only on paper.
many, particularly from the Bridgeport area, did file the paperwork, or at least their parents did
In 1975, the area of the oatmeal lots was being sought for industrial development, and the Bic Corp. approached Baldwin's administration about buying the land.
The parcel is now the site of the company's lighter factory, at 565 Bic Drive, and the front portion of the Milford Power Co. plant.
John Dockendorf, who owns a title search company here, worked to track down the owners from the original handwritten deeds, with only a few successes.
"I found some (people), but you had tons of individual owners, and most of them had no idea that they owned anything,"
Baldwin as mayor and his city attorney, Jeff Martalon, sent out tax demand letters to the registered owners, but nearly all of those letters came back as undeliverable. "We were getting almost no tax revenue from these, but we actually did find a few people who wanted to pay up and keep their land," Baldwin said.
"I believe there was a church in Bridgeport who insisted on keeping its oatmeal lot, and I think we ended up condemning it and taking it," the former mayor said.
All of the "lots" were carved out of a 15-acre tract, criss-crossed with street names that only existed in the developer's imagination

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Lawsuit waiting to happen. Who thought this was a good idea? :lol:
From my travels over the last few years, I would say that pic is from a Marriott family hotel. Their interior decorator has hideous taste in carpeting... :facepalm:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
From my travels over the last few years, I would say that pic is from a Marriott family hotel. Their interior decorator has hideous taste in carpeting... :facepalm:
I’m picking out carpet for the upstairs today. Are you saying I should stay away from anything that’s screams “MARRIOTT!” ?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      fishermb