This shouldn’t even be possible

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

To set the scene: Hornell, the No, 4 seed, who already won on TWO last-inning walk-offs to reach the title game, had a 5-1 lead on No. 2 Pal-Mac. The lead dwindled to 5-4 with two runners on and two outs in the seventh inning. Hornell star lefty pitcher Gates Miller was at the pitch limit, meaning this was his last batter no matter what. His strike three pitch appeared to be a curve in the dirt. The batter didn’t swing. The umpire signaled out. The catcher from Hornell picked the ball up. Even though there was a runner on first, with two outs the ball has to be secured. You have to catch it or tag the runner out. With less than two outs, it’s simply an out. Confusing? Yes. But that’s baseball.

The Hornell catcher, who was the reason the team won the semifinals and his bat helped them take the lead, looked back at the umpire, was unsure of the call, looked toward first and was sure the game was over, as he appeared to tag the batter before he ran to first. You could hear in the video someone yell out. As all players do on the last out, he put the ball in his back pocket and joined his team in a mob and dog pile on the pitcher’s mound.

The Pal-Mac batter, Brady Prebalick, did not think he was touched and the ump indicated the same (the Hornell catcher had his back to the ump when the safe call originated). Prebalick raced to first (he has to touch first or he is out and the runs would not count). Meanwhile, the runners on first and second, Brennan Pipitone and Will Caffyn, raced around the base, scoring the tying and winning run.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I’ll be honest. Suspenders making a comeback wouldn’t be a terrible thing.

No, the irony is not lost on me that Lumbergh is wearing suspenders.

Office Space No GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Cufflinks are a better accessory than suspenders.

Prove me wrong.

Cuff links in theory are good. The problem is they became like pocket squares, fedoras and bow ties(never wore either of the latter, ftr) in that they became very cliched and generally associated with people trying way too hard. To be fair, I’m sure suspenders would eventually follow that same pattern, but as of now, no I think suspenders are better. Had an ex girlfriend that bought me a Bull/Bear cuff link set one time. I knew right then we were going to break up.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm going to do what every sensible husband does and let the wife decide on what the wedding attire will be.

Seriously risky move. You’re going to end up looking like some gay French waiter from the 1930s if you’re not careful. These are pictures that are going to be scattered around your house and the home of others, forever. You really need to get in front of this.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Cuff links in theory are good. The problem is they became like pocket squares, fedoras and bow ties(never wore either of the latter, ftr) in that they became very cliched and generally associated with people trying way too hard. To be fair, I’m sure suspenders would eventually follow that same pattern, but as of now, no I think suspenders are better. Had an ex girlfriend that bought me a Bull/Bear cuff link set one time. I knew right then we were going to break up.

I have a response, but the topic itself belongs as a proper Tuesday poll.

See you in 24 hours sir.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Cufflinks are a better accessory than suspenders.

Prove me wrong.

Wife got me cuff links as a wedding gift (I know I’m hard to buy for). Married 22+ years, never wore them once. Ever.

Tho, can’t say I’ve ever worn suspenders either. Nobody has been foolish enough to buy me any. If they did, I’d only wear them for Halloween as Wilfred brimley or some old codger. Once, and only once.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Nothing screams “pretentious” like cuff links.
And craft IPA beer.
Cuff links and craft beer.
And a Tesla.
Cuff links, craft beer and a Tesla…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member