This Thread Sucks! (Just like Orlando)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you don't mind me chiming in, I'd pick Tampa, and esp if you expand it to Tampa Bay. Traffic is tolerable, you've got the downtown, SoHo, Hyde Park and you've got the beaches over in Pinellas. Jax isn't bad but it's still a bit too redneck for my taste. Miami? Fuhgetaboutit.
South of Jax and way north of Miami. I am more of an east coaster. I grew up surfing and fishing all up and down the east side of the state and it's closer to Whorlando if I have to come back to visit family....I also wouldn't consider Tampa traffic much better than Orlando.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't mind me chiming in, I'd pick Tampa, and esp if you expand it to Tampa Bay. Traffic is tolerable, you've got the downtown, SoHo, Hyde Park and you've got the beaches over in Pinellas. Jax isn't bad but it's still a bit too redneck for my taste. Miami? Fuhgetaboutit.
Tampa traffic is worse than Orlando's in my opinion, and Orlando's downtown is much better for restaurants and bars. To me the big downside to Orlando is that it isn't on the water.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tampa traffic is worse than Orlando's in my opinion, and Orlando's downtown is much better for restaurants and bars. To me the big downside to Orlando is that it isn't on the water.

It can be during rush hour but it's not a 'round-the-clock thing like Orlando and I-4. I've yet to discover the restaurants you're talking about, though I have no doubt there's many more yet to see. It's like any city. You get to know the ins and outs when you live there. My main thing about Tampa Bay is you have the best of all worlds.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Went to Orlando Friday Night for the Guns N Roses Concert and left as quickly as I could on Saturday. For a 1.5 hour drive it took over 3 hours from Tampa to the hotel, most of it was sitting on I-4 while some accident which didn't block any lanes held up traffic. The Camping World Stadium is in the $hittiest part of town I'm assuming, was pleasantly surprised by the stadium it's a good looking stadium. Doesn't have a college feel at all though. We were staying on international drive and it was like neon and tourism $hit puked all over that area so annoying. The drive back wasn't so bad, but I assume it's because we got up and left before mickey hit someone.

The fun part was while sitting in traffic on I-4 from International Drive to Camping World Stadium we got to see 4 cops chase some dumbass across I-4 and up a steep embankment where he promptly gave up due to exhaustion.
Fckin tourists :lol2:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It can be during rush hour but it's not a 'round-the-clock thing like Orlando and I-4.
275 is at least as bad as I4. And I4 is only bad during rush hour or when there is an event at the Amway center.

But maybe I became desensitized to traffic when I lived in DC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
275 is at least as bad as I4. And I4 is only bad during rush hour or when there is an event at the Amway center.

I have never dealt with traffic on 275, that I have dealt with on I4. It might be timing. The worst I got on 275 was during the construction, and it still moved faster than the times I've been stuck on I4.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

I do kinda agree with this. To me I-4 traffic always seems bad BUT I rarely have to drive in it during rush hour. At worst it is almost always at least rolling along at 20MPH or so. Years ago when I was forced to drive in it everyday I got to the point that it was second nature.
Still, one thing that has ALWAYS baffled me is when it does come to a complete stop and there's no accident....How is that possible? Cars are generally merging at about 15-25 mph into traffic that is moving at the same rate of speed, so how is it that anyone can come to a complete stop?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Orlando sucks.
Yup.....unless you like bad traffic, high crime, poor infrastructure, rude people most of which won't even try to speak English, sh!ttons of dumbazz tourist, low paying jobs, some of the worst schools in the country, and high taxes......Other than that it's not so bad :lol2:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yup.....unless you like bad traffic, high crime, poor infrastructure, rude people most of which won't even try to speak English, sh!ttons of dumbazz tourist, low paying jobs, some of the worst schools in the country, and high taxes......Other than that it's not so bad :lol2:
And that's just crete's neighborhood :rimshot:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member