This weekend - Swimming/Diving, Track & Field, W Basketball, W Golf,and Men's Tennis (1-3 Feb 2019)

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I don't follow any of these sports, but I was curious about what other events the Gators have going on this weekend, besides Basketball and Gymnastics. As part of the "March to a Million Posts", I figured I'd capture what I found in case anyone else is interested (doubtful, as there's no nudity, no violence, and no partisan politics involved).

Friday
  • Men's Swimming & Diving - #9 Tennessee @ #6 Florida - Day 1 - 4:30pm
  • Women's Swimming & Diving - #13 Tennessee @ #8 Florida - Day 1 - 4:30pm
  • Men's Indoor Track & Field - #3 Florida @ Va Tech "Doc Hale" Elite Meet (UF, Va Tech, MIami, N. Car., and ECU all competing - Day 1 - 5pm
Saturday
  • Men's Swimming & Diving - #9 Tennessee @ #6 Florida - Day 2 - 10am
  • Women's Swimming & Diving - #13 Tennessee @ #8 Florida - Day 2 - 10am
  • Men's Indoor Track & Field - #3 Florida @ Va Tech "Doc Hale" Elite Meet (UF, Va Tech, MIami, N. Car., and ECU all competing - Day 2 - Noon
  • Men's Tennis - #4 UF vs #22 FSU - 6pm at the USTA National Campus - Lake Nona, FL and broadcast on the Tennis Channel (Who knew there was one?)
Sunday
  • Women's Golf - #3 Gators in the Northrup Regional Challenge, Palos Verdes, CA - Day 1
  • Women's Basketball - Gators @ #19 Kentucky - 2pm - ESPNU
Go Gators!

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
If anyone wants to F with the Tennessee swim/ dive team they're staying at the doubletree Hilton on archer. Lol ( my hotel)

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
A few results from Friday's events:

• Men's Swimming and Diving - Alex Farrow took 3rd, and Nick Lydon took 5th in Men's 3m diving
  • Women's Swimming and Diving - Brook Madden took 1st in Women's, Emma Whitner took 2nd, and Tara Syskakis took 4th in Women's 1m diving
  • Track & Field - AJ McFarland takes first in weight throw with a new school record 22.58m (beating the old record, which stood for 5 years, by over 2 feet). Thomas Mardal took second with a 22.28m throw. On the women's side, Amara Wiggin came in 7th with an 18.08m throw. Weight Throw was the only event UF competed in on Friday.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If anyone wants to F with the Tennessee swim/ dive team they're staying at the doubletree Hilton on archer. Lol ( my hotel)
If the owner says it's OK...too bad I'm a few states away.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
FYI. Men's track athlete Grant Holloway is having an incredible season so far. He's a superstar and in my opinion one of the greatest athletes to put on a Gator uniform in any sport. He has several world leading times so far. Just too bad he didn't play football too.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
So Florida only sent weight throwers and an shot-putters to this Track & Field meet. In addition to Friday's results above, on Saturday, Conner Bandel came in 2nd in shot put with 18.82m, about 8 inches short of 1st place.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
In Swimming and Diving today, the Men's team whalloped Tennessee 190-108, and the Women's team beat Tennessee 173-127. It was a great way to cap off Senior Day today.

Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.