Those who were in attendance last night, please post!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I too agree with all that Jaywalker said, especially the part about trying to figure out what was up with the Pittman situation. We have no idea what words or information was exchanged between the medical staff, the players and coaches. We're all frustrated, but that's unfair.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72;n78754 said:
My ears were ringing after the game -- it was very loud on the alumni side and we were relentless with the pre snap hollering.

It's a pain not getting replays of some controversial plays during the game because it looked like we were getting hosed on the holding/interference penalties.

Regardless of what is said in the Nation, all of us were behind Driskel and continued to urge him on -- there were some boos on a couple of plays, but paled in comparison to the fans trying to will this team to victory.

None of us could figure out what was going on with Kelvin Taylor. I see some of you saying he hasn't cut it, but he was the best the team had after Jones got hurt last year and he hasn't been pitiful this season, and pitiful is what the running game was Saturday night. He should have had more attempts with Jones clearly hurt.

Always said that one of the most underrated things about Tim Tebow was the assuredness we would score when inside the 5. Even with Spurrier, when we would get tackled on a long play inside the five, there was no confidence we'd score. Since Tebow, we're back to that sort of tongue in cheek statement of fact when a play like Robinson's comes up just short of a TD.

There were ladies behind us ripping the players and Muschamp for not coming together on the field for a quick version of Kumbaya after Pittman went down. Calling players entitled and Muschamp uncaring like they were was some serious projecting going on there. Talk about looking for something to complain about. Plenty to take issue with this team so there's no need to be an amateur mind-reader or body language expert to get your personal opinion about athletes and this coaching staff expressed.

The fans were into it all the way, but the interception was the stomach punch and there was little doubt the kicker, who was crushing in warmups from longer than that kick and the wind blowing with him, was going to convert that kick.

I may have yelled, "suck it LSU" as they ran onto the field after the kick was good. Maybe.

It's better when we're walking out a winner, obviously, but it felt better walking with the Gator family, silent marching as we were, than if I'd had to experience that loss in my living room. It's truly great to be a Florida Gator.

If Tim was out there we would have at most one loss and maybe not that one either. I don't see much leadership on this team. A six year player gets a bad penalty that we have seen in the past at UT and is famous. Now it did not hurt but shows lack of leadership or perhaps a reflection of our overly emotional coach. Not that I can actually do this but if someone got in my face and I had the opportunity to pancake block him I would. That is how to respond to such, not giving them an opportunity to just flop!

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I was at the game also and agree with what jaywalker had to say. I think if this had been an afternoon game it would have lacked the atmosphere that we had Saturday night.

When Dunbar dropped that first pass I thought that we would have a rough night but special teams were awesome and kept us in it. Towards the end of the second quarter I felt like Driskel had lost what little confidence he had left. While he is still not an SEC caliber qb he did manage to regain enough confidence to keep us in it. There were enough mistakes to go around so no need to point a single finger.

When Drob made that catch I I thought we would pull ahead I told the guy next to me that we are so close to the Treon era and maybe all of this was just a nightmare. Well, we all know what happened. I think the fans deserve better but they never gave up. Proud to be a Gator!

I will make the trip from Alabama again next week to cheer for the Gators!!!! I got to my seat early and looked two sections to my left and saw Jaywalker in his seat....I will wave next week Jaywalker (I am in section 5 row 62).

PS. As I was walking up to BHG I manged to get behind the basketball team as they were making their way to the autograph session. They let me snap a quick photo. BTW is it basketball season?

Attachments

• conv_1063.JPG
    conv_1063.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 42

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is what one of our recruits, a safety, had to say about the atmosphere during the LSU game.

“It went great, I loved it down there,” Dale said. “The best part was the crowd, the fans and the hype of the game. I love the atmosphere down there and the fans get into the game. It was the loudest game I’ve been to in my life.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator