Thoughts on the game

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know there is going to be a lot of blame placed on Driskel (justified), but he played about as good as we could expect from him. This game comes down to 2 plays. LSU converting a 3rd and 25, and Tevin Westbrook dropping the game winner. Make either one of those plays and we are winners in this game. Simple as that. As many bad plays as Driskel had he made a couple plays when they needed to be made (deep ball to DRob and avoiding a couple defenders and making a nice pass to Westbrrok that should have been caught). That said we need to hand the reins to Treon and make sure Dunbar never sees the field again. Dunbar's play this year is disgusting. He has the ability but plays lazy and that is inexcusable. Bigger than the game tough it was a HUUUGE relief to see Pittman give the thumbs up. That looked nasty. That is all I got really. I am so pissed I cant get my thoughts straight.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
JD actually gave his receivers a chance on the deep balls. Other than the fumble I can't fault him much tonight

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
thoughts? no thanks, im trying not to think of it at all...

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n76588 said:
JD actually gave his receivers a chance on the deep balls. Other than the fumble I can't fault him much tonight

I saw 2 decent deep balls. The one to Pittman when he tripped himself was on the money if he could have stayed on his feet and the connection to DRob. The others would have been great plays by the receivers to come down with them, and that is way too much to ask from them.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not going to do the blame Driskel thing. He is terrible and played terrible. The real focus should be Muschamp. Right now, this team isn't even competitive and that is on Muschamp. We'd get destroyed against an MSU, Auburn...ect.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Its crazy we lost to this LSU team. No QB, bad defense, true freshmen all over the place, and they came in here and ran it down our throats. Embarrassing - Debose was really the only reason we even had a chance to win it.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
1. Only 10 runs by a RB in this game. I know Jones was gimpy, but it's not like our backups are terrible. Too many called QB runs.
2. Don't blame the defense for this one. Yes, that long pass was inopportune, but they played satisfactorily against SEC opponent.
3. We shouldn't have to lean heavily on Debose in order to get a victory. We can't realistically expect long returns every week.
4. Driskel seems to play better at home than on the road.
5. I'm used to this heartbreak under the Muschamp regime, so how we lost wasn't at all shocking (I'm numb to the pain)

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Ray Finkle;n76588 said:

outside of the deep ball to DRob that was caught, he under threw every other deep ball

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n76588 said:

Except for an awful decision to throw into a tight slant resulting in another int and lsu's winning kick.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Regardless, or should I say in spite of wm and JD, we had a chance to win with Westbrook ****ing if up. That's all there is to it. If he can't catch it for JD but can for Treon I don't want him around. Simple as that.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
backstop13;76630 said:
Ray Finkle;n76588 said:
outside of the deep ball to DRob that was caught, he under threw every other deep ball
Under thrown gives his guys a chance, over thrown is a waste

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Glad Pittman was moving around and should be OK, but he needs to forget about football. This game is just not for him.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a total team loss from Foley down to the water boys. Everything about it sucked except for the return game of Debose. Out played, and out coached.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n76629 said:
1. Only 10 runs by a RB in this game. I know Jones was gimpy, but it's not like our backups are terrible. Too many called QB runs.
2. Don't blame the defense for this one. Yes, that long pass was inopportune, but they played satisfactorily against SEC opponent.
3. We shouldn't have to lean heavily on Debose in order to get a victory. We can't realistically expect long returns every week.
4. Driskel seems to play better at home than on the road.
5. I'm used to this heartbreak under the Muschamp regime, so how we lost wasn't at all shocking (I'm numb to the pain)

Defense has to take blame also. Knowing LSU was going to run they couldn't stop it for most of the game despite LSU not having much of a passing threat..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb