Thoughts on the game

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Gator Fever;n76664 said:
Defense has to take blame also. Knowing LSU was going to run they couldn't stop it for most of the game despite LSU not having much of a passing threat..
You can't expect them to hold LSU to under 100 yards rushing. Besides that one long drive, the run defense played more than acceptable.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Ray Finkle;n76635 said:
Regardless, or should I say in spite of wm and JD, we had a chance to win with Westbrook ****ing if up. That's all there is to it. If he can't catch it for JD but can for Treon I don't want him around. Simple as that.

Ray you're right man, we all know JD is not a good QB and regardless of Andrea having to make the returns to have us in the game, when it came to the end for the win, the tight end dropped a sure TD that was a descent throw. That's why we lost in the end. Do we need to replace JD....yes...but at the end of this one, was on the tight end

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Not having Treon in this game was the difference. He can make those running plays as good if not better than Jeff and he isn't going to force all those terrible throws. Westbrook is useless, but Jeff still had 3 turnovers in this game. So that's two TD's and ten turnovers in the last 10 quarters for Jeff... Almost as many turnovers as points, wow...

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
We lost both offensive drives in the 3rd quarter on a PI not called on the pass to Robinson and the 3rd down pass that Pittman gets tripped.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ufgator2002;76692 said:
Ray Finkle;n76635 said:
Regardless, or should I say in spite of wm and JD, we had a chance to win with Westbrook ****ing if up. That's all there is to it. If he can't catch it for JD but can for Treon I don't want him around. Simple as that.
Ray your right man, we all know JD is not a good QB and regardless of Andrea having to make the returns to have us in the game, when it came to the end for the win, the tight end dropped a sure TD that was a descent throw. That's why we lost in the end. Do we need to replace JD....yes...but at the end of this one, was on the tight end
Thank you. I'm not "pumping" either JD or Muschamp, I'm saying when it came down to that key moment they delivered. They both had horrid plays/calls but a simple catch would have made them both perceived a lot differently

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Gator Fever;n76664 said:
Defense has to take blame also. Knowing LSU was going to run they couldn't stop it for most of the game despite LSU not having much of a passing threat..

Except for the 1 play they knew would be a pass and got burned.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n76688 said:
You can't expect them to hold LSU to under 100 yards rushing. Besides that one long drive, the run defense played more than acceptable.

They had over 200 I think

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
QueenCityGator;n76629 said:
1. Only 10 runs by a RB in this game. I know Jones was gimpy, but it's not like our backups are terrible. Too many called QB runs.
2. Don't blame the defense for this one. Yes, that long pass was inopportune, but they played satisfactorily against SEC opponent.
3. We shouldn't have to lean heavily on Debose in order to get a victory. We can't realistically expect long returns every week.
4. Driskel seems to play better at home than on the road.
5. I'm used to this heartbreak under the Muschamp regime, so how we lost wasn't at all shocking (I'm numb to the pain)

I'm at the apathy stage. I know WM isn't the guy. I know this team isn't going anywhere as long as he is here. I watch the game while also doing other things. I'm not that emotionally invested any more because the football is so bad. I turned to my family tonight and said, "You know things have gotten bad when a loss and a win feel the same."

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Ray Finkle;n76713 said:
Thank you. I'm not "pumping" either JD or Muschamp, I'm saying when it came down to that key moment they delivered. They both had horrid plays/calls but a simple catch would have made them both perceived a lot differently

Me neither Ray, we know that they are struggling badly but when you have the chance to win like that and you drop a pass like that.... just wow

granitegator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
don't forget some to the defense penalties...especially Poole they kept some drives going

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
granitegator;n76807 said:
don't forget some to the defense penalties...especially Poole they kept some drives going

At least they were trying to make a play. Those were judgment calls by the refs. Another guy might have let it go.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
As crazy as it sounds right now, we can still win the east. As long as we win out and KU will lose at least one more we will have the tie breaker.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if we'll ever beat LSU again. Some of you may not want to admit it but the have a better football program than us. This is depressing . This was an opportunity to gain momentum in recruiting and on our season and we failed at both.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n76837 said:
As crazy as it sounds right now, we can still win the east. As long as we win out and KU will lose at least one more we will have the tie breaker.
Did we just really talk about winning the east? But only if Kensucky drops another game to give us the chance? I'm living in a twilight zone...

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are just not vey good. It is easy to focus on specific plays here and there...and certainly at the end of the game, they get a lot of attention. But looking at the game as a whole, we were awful, again. The team does not rally around Driskel...period. As long as he is out there, the question will be, how are we going to lose this one? If this is our new offense (schemes, plays, players), it is not what I saw from Duke last year. I wonder why..because it looks like the same offense from the past 3 years. Is Muschamp doing this? We are not vey good...there is no one left on the schedule we should expect to beat...and we'll have to look forward to rebuilding...again.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thoughts?

How about:

dumpster-fire-o.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.