Thoughts on the game

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Durty South Swamp;76888 said:
ufgator2002;n76837 said:
As crazy as it sounds right now, we can still win the east. As long as we win out and KU will lose at least one more we will have the tie breaker.
Did we just really talk about winning the east? But only if Kensucky drops another game to give us the chance? I'm living in a twilight zone...
UK still has two west teams and the best east teams to play. In fact, I think we are then only sec team they have played other than sc

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
maheo30;n76620 said:
I'm not going to do the blame Driskel thing. He is terrible and played terrible. The real focus should be Muschamp. Right now, this team isn't even competitive and that is on Muschamp. We'd get destroyed against an MSU, Auburn...ect.

It will not take Auburn or MSU to destroy us.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
My thoughts:
1. Three OC's, one HC. Offensive ineptitude is on Muschamp. I have to believe he oversees the offensive game plan.
2. JD is a great kid. He has fought for the Gators (how many of us can say they broke their leg for the Gator Nation). But he cannot be trusted with the ball. Even when he makes great plays like he did yesterday, he then does some of the most boneheaded things to give the game away. I've lost track of how many times have we seen this.
3. Our receivers are terrible. Treon may be able to get more production from them, but I do not have any faith that the receivers will step up. In the receivers defense though, they have not had consistent coaching in a while.
4. Why do run an offense that features a pass catching tight end when we don't have a tight end that can catch. Who's boneheaded idea it was to call that play with Westbrook in there to begin with. Do we not have some other big guy on this team, linebacker, safety, etc., that can catch a ball that we could convert to tight end?
5. I watched the Auburn / MSU game and MSU's bowling ball running back and I thought, that could be Adam Lane. Where is he?
6. Dooley gave the special teams a B, bull crap. Give them and Debose an A. If not for them, we would not have been in it.
7. Defense had trouble with the run, but Fournette is a heck of a back. I can live with that. What I have trouble with is giving up 41 yards on 3rd and 25.
8. Well, that's enough. LOL

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fwiw
@GatorZoneScott: #Gators QB Jeff Driskel accounted for 83 percent of UF's offense tonight: 183 passing, 71 rushing (254 total yards). UF 306, LSU 305 yards.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n77366 said:
Fwiw
@GatorZoneScott: #Gators QB Jeff Driskel accounted for 83 percent of UF's offense tonight: 183 passing, 71 rushing (254 total yards). UF 306, LSU 305 yards.
Well, obviously the QB is going to account for 100% of the passing. The fact he was given 21 carries and the rest of our RB's a combined 10 is a head scratcher.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n77369 said:
Well, obviously the QB is going to account for 100% of the passing. The fact he was given 21 carries and the rest of our RB's a combined 10 is a head scratcher.

He was the only "back" producing. Most times I have no problem with him running. He is however, a horrible QB and makes too many mistakes. He should not be the QB at UF. Hopefully Harris truly is back and available and gets to play, or the season is over.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n77367 said:
Blame for me is spread around to a lot of people.
Agreed, there is plenty of blame to go around, however JD remains at the top of that list. Though he did put us in a place to win the game, his turnovers, all of them, gave away the game as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n77370 said:
He was the only "back" producing.
Uh, Kelvin Taylor was only given two carries. Two. I guess he was so bad for those 2 carries that it was determined he "wasn't producing".

:crazy:

We're all insane for trying to actually make heads or tails of these weekly game plans.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n77374 said:
Uh, Kelvin Taylor was only given two carries. Two. I guess he was so bad for those 2 carries that it was determined he "wasn't producing".

:crazy:

We're all insane for trying to actually make heads or tails of these weekly game plans.

Like I told Fever. I'm done making excuses for JD and Muschamp. It's time you folks be done making excuses for Taylor. Taylor gets blown up on every play. He's not his father, about time you guys realize that.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I ask you Pumpers to please quit going liberal on us with your snapshot mentality. The Championship minded Zealots are focused on the 4 years body of work measuring tool. We are not growing and improving as a ball club. The team doesn't believe in itself, there is no leadership group on the field which is often found when the head coach is dictatorial and doesn't groom or empower others. Just try to STFU about the excuses, you're looking pretty silly. It's a pretty undisciplined bunch of multiple stars talent out there with an executive living out his philosophy instead of homogenizing one for the group he has at hand. That team ain't playing for coach or each other right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n77384 said:
Like I told Fever. I'm done making excuses for JD and Muschamp. It's time you folks be done making excuses for Taylor. Taylor gets blown up on every play. He's not his father, about time you guys realize that.
I see. So all that "four deep at RB" we heard all summer was just BS. We've got ONE RB, and when he gets hurt we just run our QB up the middle 21 times? I'm not ready to throw in the towel already on Kelvin Taylor like you are, URG.

Is there anything this staff has done right? They can't recruit, they can't develop talent, they can't coach the players to make the right decisions on the field, they can't teach the WR's how to catch, they can't coach in-game, etc.

Do we practice? Sometimes I wonder.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Ray Finkle;n76637 said:
Under thrown gives his guys a chance, over thrown is a waste

Unless you've got 3 steps on the DB and underthrowing ends up with a jump ball... you know, like the one on the sideline that turned into an int.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: Florida's defense had only given up 11 double-digit runs entering Saturday's game. #Gators gave up 9 to LSU.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n77389 said:
I ask you Pumpers to please quit going liberal on us with your snapshot mentality. The Championship minded Zealots are focused on the 4 years body of work measuring tool. We are not growing and improving as a ball club. The team doesn't believe in itself, there is no leadership group on the field which is often found when the head coach is dictatorial and doesn't groom or empower others. Just try to STFU about the excuses, you're looking pretty silly. It's a pretty undisciplined bunch of multiple stars talent out there with an executive living out his philosophy instead of homogenizing one for the group he has at hand. That team ain't playing for coach or each other right now.

This. He's lost the team. I wonder if Harris might be able to regain the team, but otherwise the locker room is lost.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with putting the loss on Westbrook's drop or any play before is that the game was not lost when it happend. The game was lost when Driskel threw the dumbest int of his career with less than a minute to go.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n77384 said:

Even his father would not have gotten yardage against a team that knows the threat of a successful forward pass is similar to the threat that ISIL will host next year's Miss Universe Pageant.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n77393 said:
I see. So all that "four deep at RB" we heard all summer was just BS. We've got ONE RB, and when he gets hurt we just run our QB up the middle 21 times? I'm not ready to throw in the towel already on Kelvin Taylor like you are, URG.

Is there anything this staff has done right? They can't recruit, they can't develop talent, they can't coach the players to make the right decisions on the field, they can't teach the WR's how to catch, they can't coach in-game, etc.

Do we practice? Sometimes I wonder.

I wouldn't entirely give up on Taylor. He doesn't completely lack skill. He is, however, not his father. Giving him 10 more carries likely isn't going to show much more production. Mack Brown isn't producing either, but I think most would agree, he just isn't very good, not that he isn't getting the ball enough.
Do I think we should run JD up the middle that much? Absolutely not. However, game after game after game, Taylor does nothing with the ball. Either you make the best of your opportunities and earn more of them, or you fail. Taylor is failing right now.

I wouldn't say the staff can't recruit, however I agree entirely they have been terrible at developing talent. Our talent has only excelled where it has been there from the get go, see VH3 and D. Fowler Jr.

I often wonder the same thing about practice.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Folks, the unraveling has begun in full earnest and it's only going to accelerate as the losses mount, and they will. We're a ship taking on water with far too many holes to plug. Let it play out. Foley will have no choice but to come to his senses. It's coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator