Thoughts on the game

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Circle City Gator;n77401 said:
Even his father would not have gotten yardage against a team that knows the threat of a successful forward pass is similar to the threat that ISIL will host next year's Miss Universe Pageant.

And yet they know Driskel is a terrible passer, but he somehow manages to run for 71 yards? Either they were keying in on the run or they weren't.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n77407]Folks, the unraveling has begun in full earnest and it's only going to accelerate as the losses mount, and they will. We're a ship taking on water with far too many holes to plug. Let it play out. Foley will have no choice but to come to his senses. It's coming. [/QUOTE]
We thought this last year, '78. I'll believe it when I actually see the words come out of Foley's mouth at a press conference. Even if it happens (a huge IF), it won't happen until the end of the season.

How many more Gator fans will check out between now and then?

lincoln-34.jpg

"Shall we stop this bleeding?"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n77408 said:
And yet they know Driskel is a terrible passer, but he somehow manages to run for 71 yards? Either they were keying in on the run or they weren't.
71 yards on 21 carries isn't exactly lighting it up.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n77427 said:
We thought this last year, '78. I'll believe it when I actually see the words come out of Foley's mouth at a press conference. Even if it happens (a huge IF), it won't happen until the end of the season.

For me, it depends on IF Harris gets a shot. I'm on board with the idea that he's really our only shot to turn this thing around this year, at this point.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n77407]Folks, the unraveling has begun in full earnest and it's only going to accelerate as the losses mount, and they will. We're a ship taking on water with far too many holes to plug. Let it play out. Foley will have no choice but to come to his senses. It's coming. [/QUOTE]
The unraveling was complete last year. Some just chose to ignore it because Muschamp learned "not to lose your starting QB."

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n77433 said:
71 yards on 21 carries isn't exactly lighting it up.

You're right, but that doesn't change my response to the previous poster. Either LSU was keying in on the run, or they weren't.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n77427 said:

lincoln-34.jpg

This board is an interesting (and I think accurate) litmus test. Look at the comments from even the most ardent of supporters. Fans are checking out in numbers. Now there's even a hint that the team is, too. Players don't like to lose, and when it happens bad things come out of their mouths. Pretty soon, things start getting out of control. I think we're now beginning to navigate that slide, and it's going to become a steep one over the next few weeks.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n77445]

This board is an interesting (and I think accurate) litmus test. Look at the comments from even the most ardent of supporters. Fans are checking out in numbers. Now there's even a hint that the team is, too. Players don't like to lose, and when it happens bad things come out of their mouths. Pretty soon, things start getting out of control. I think we're now beginning to navigate that slide, and it's going to become a steep one over the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Count me as one of them. Though I'd still like to see what Harris can do with this team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Octobers have always been bad for Duncecap.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know I'm redundant, but since we talk about the slide and anarchy from within (which the longer it seeds, the harder to clean up or remove for the next guy)... go Interim Coach and play Harris for experience the rest of the season. It may help stabilize your fan base and I now believe allow for that more blue devilish play selection promised. I think the players still have time to heal and respond positively for their careers if the dictator is removed promptly. IMHO

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n77452 said:
Yeah, Octobers have always been bad for Duncecap.

We've only got one more October date. I'm seeing 2-4 the rest of the way.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley's going the distance with Muschamp. If there's gonna be a change -- and I think it's inevitable -- it'll happen after FSU. The data will be overwhelming by then.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Still waiting on the inevitable. The only question has been and will be...WHEN?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Ray Finkle;n76588 said:
JD actually gave his receivers a chance on the deep balls. Other than the fumble I can't fault him much tonight

Its a good thing the LSU player wasn't turned around on one of those underthrown balls or it would have fallen into his breadbasket for another INT. Driskel was bad last night against a poor defense outside of a few throws. I don't know why people keep trying to deflect blame from him. He has been here 4 years and has not improved.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n77408 said:

Yes, because Driskel is +1. Or, to put it another way, a Driskel run not only turns the RB into a fullback, it also makes defensive players hesitate because he can pull up and throw. Now imagine how a real running back might do with the benefit of (a) a fullback, or (b) a vertical passing game, or, dare I dream, both?

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n77472]I think Foley's going the distance with Muschamp. If there's gonna be a change -- and I think it's inevitable -- it'll happen after FSU. The data will be overwhelming by then.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but I think the data is overwhelming now. Hell it was overwhelming after losing to GSU last year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n77366 said:
Fwiw
@GatorZoneScott: #Gators QB Jeff Driskel accounted for 83 percent of UF's offense tonight: 183 passing, 71 rushing (254 total yards). UF 306, LSU 305 yards.

And accounted for 100% of our 3 turnovers. JD stinks out loud.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n77592 said:
No offense, but I think the data is overwhelming now. Hell it was overwhelming after losing to GSU last year.

Foley gave Muschamp a pass last season so now we are forced to endure this season in its entirety before we get any hope. I just hope Foley starts working behind the scenes as soon as Foley realizes his gigantic mistake. The truth is this is on Foley as much as Muschamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.