Thread Viewing Reset

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm curious if there's a certain amount of time between viewing a thread, not viewing for a period of time, and then viewing again that it resets your view history marker?

Make sense?

If so, why?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you talking about threads you haven't been to in a little while, then it has new posts, but it starts you at the original post?

I've had this problem myself and have been meaning to ask Ox about it.

Ox, what say you?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you talking about threads you haven't been to in a little while, then it has new posts, but it starts you at the original post?

I've had this problem myself and have been meaning to ask Ox about it.

Ox, what say you?

Exactly what I'm talking about. It's annoying because they are usually threads with tons of pages. My only guess is a caching thing.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly what I'm talking about. It's annoying because they are usually threads with tons of pages. My only guess is a caching thing.
That would be my guess also.

In order to run this place at peak performance, I'd bet Ox has some settings to dump old data.
That said, with as versatile as it has been, I wonder if he has the ability to extend only that single function a bit longer, or indefinitely, without eating up a lot of space.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I've experienced that. How you solve it is you simply hit the "Go To First Unread" button right at the top of the thread. Takes you right back to where you left off.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I've experienced that. How you solve it is you simply hit the "Go To First Unread" button right at the top of the thread. Takes you right back to where you left off.
:orly:

I'll try that next time. Thanks for the tip.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After you gave the suggestion, I tried it out and it worked just fine. Since then I've run into the same issue multiple times and I'm no longer seeing the "Go To First Unread". I waited to post this till I had an example.

Here's the thread from Dubs about Mac > Chump. You can see in the 2nd pic post #111 is the only "New" post.

Am I missing something?

image.png

image.png

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, why doesn't it allow you to put the file you've uploaded where the cursor is? It always puts it at the very top. Even if you write out a bunch of stuff, then go to add a file, it posts at the very top.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:ugh:

Wish I had answers to these questions.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deplorables.jpg

Also, why doesn't it allow you to put the file you've uploaded where the cursor is? It always puts it at the very top. Even if you write out a bunch of stuff, then go to add a file, it posts at the very top.
Is this about inserting a file anywhere in a post or about another subject?

mac.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is this about inserting a file anywhere in a post or about another subject?

The question is...

Why does it auto place an uploaded file (picture) at the top of the post regardless of where the cursor is?

Of Note: Since asking this question it should have stated "On the mobile version." If I'm on my computer, it places appropriately where the cursor is.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The question is...

Why does it auto place an uploaded file (picture) at the top of the post regardless of where the cursor is?

Of Note: Since asking this question it should have stated "On the mobile version." If I'm on my computer, it places appropriately where the cursor is.
gotcha

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The question is...

Welp, let's see if this works. I'll be placing the photo below this text.

IMG_-bbcbsl.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems it's placing it below the text for me.

Perhaps your mobile device is defaulting the cursor back to the top of that section?

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems it's placing it below the text for me.

Perhaps your mobile device is defaulting the cursor back to the top of that section?
My mobile app defaults to the bottom but then I can cut-n-paste it anywhere I want.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My mobile app defaults to the bottom but then I can cut-n-paste it anywhere I want.
Doh, I was thinking just mobile, and he means the app, not just the mobile version of the site through a mobile browser.

The site runs so well on mobile browsers, I never use the app and tend to forget about it :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's try this again. Posting from Android app

1484534403350.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member