Thunder will not fire Donovan

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I would puke if Billy went to Kentucky. With the alumni there they could easily come up with the cash to send Calipari packing. But, that's another high pressure job and maybe Billy would want less pressure.

But if Billy is gone from OKC next year it may not come until May when vacancies in college are more than likely filled. He may sit out a year and then look.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
The NBA is a players game. College is a coaches game. Billy just had an itch he was compelled to scratch and I hope he succeeds. But the way the best players migrate to the big markets, Oklahoma City will never be a real contender for the NBA title. That opportunity was lost when Durant left. So at some point Donovan will get tired of being a 5-8 seed and try to get a better NBA job that gives him an opportunity to win a title, or OKC will fire him and force him to make a decision about his future. If he had stayed at Florida he could have eventually challenged coach K for most NCAA wins ever - or at least be in the conversation as one of the Top 5 college coaches ever (Wooden, Knight, Coach K, Rupp, Dean Smith, etc.) I don't see a scenario where he will be back in Gainesville, but I do see a time where he will be back at the college level someplace.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Won't be Kentucky. Cal just got a lifetime contract and won't be going any where soon...

Edit.. Cost him $25M to buy it out...
:lmao2:

How many minutes do you think it will take them to find a recruiting violation and fire him for cause?

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Oklahoma fans want to fire Donovan for taking them to the playoffs all 4 years of his NBA career, then they get what they deserve and what will inevitably follow.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I usually ignore Chief's posts! :D
MistyFirstFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I would puke if Billy went to Kentucky. With the alumni there they could easily come up with the cash to send Calipari packing. But, that's another high pressure job and maybe Billy would want less pressure.

But if Billy is gone from OKC next year it may not come until May when vacancies in college are more than likely filled. He may sit out a year and then look.
I believe Donovan would still be in Gainesville if Westbrook and Durant didn't catch the injury bug during the 2014-2015 season. I also heard that Donovan and the OKC GM are buddies. OKC fans really need to be careful what they wish for if they want to can Billy.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I would take Billy back in a second and personally help build a statue of the man.

Even if he does not come back I would like something like the o4's playing bball under his supervision. Sort of like the three heisman winners, except for back to back champions.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Donovan is one of the best coaches in the NBA. Yeah, I know, it's not really a coach's league. So what? Billy has done a great job with the players he's got.

If he wants to stay in the NBA, there are plenty of GMs that would love to have him.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator