Ticker Error?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Used to be there was a ticker here that was about the same size as the menu bars at the top and it provided text as a link to recent active threads. Now, I see this eating up all my screen. WTF? Is it an error, or intentional?

Attachments

• EvilOx.JPG
    EvilOx.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 127

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oh boy.
I hope you enjoyed your time here TLB.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Well, I just now saw Ox's thread about the sidebar...in the SPORTS FORUM, of course, where it belongs....at least that highlighted a "Close" button. I don't see a way to get rid of this.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I suppose it was an error, as it has been corrected. Thanks.

==================

FTR, I know some (Ox) will view me as a complainer as I'm quick to btch about changes like the sidebar and such. I'm not going to dodge that image, but I will make it known that I get it. I get that not doing anything is both boring and leads to a stale feel around a site - to trying things out is good. I also get that adding 'features' like these would largely go unnoticed if they were defaulted to 'off' upon trying them out and launching them live to the members - you HAVE to default them 'on' and hear both those who like it and those who don't in order to understand if it is moving in the right direction or needs tweaking. I get it, and encourage Ox to try out new things to improve the site. But I'll point to the side-bar thread as the right way to do it - offer a way to disable for those that are truly annoyed, and let the rest of us try it out at our pace now that we are forced to acknowledge it has been created and is available.

FWIW, I'm actually keeping the sidebar on, not closed.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Actually, it's back. It's in Sports and PF, each have relevantly linked articles, but for the love of GOD, how can I turn them off?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Aaaannnnd, now I see Ox put a thread - in SPORTS, of course - to explain this new feature and how to turn it off.

Thanks. :clap:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord. :facepalm:

I'm glad I missed this thread.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Only if it gets moved to SPORTS. That seems to be where all the site changes are posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb