Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Growing up in 80's and 90's:

1. Fck the Doggfckers
2. see #1
3. Seminholes
4. cUM & Barn (or any team with the macost with name Eagle in there, cause fck them)
5. Cousin fckers and URG

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
While I have enjoyed the 5 pages of back and forth, trends in "rivalries" and reminiscing of the good old days like Kerwin to Quez to beat Lsu, I think we've over complicated this list. It's very simple. Our bitterest rivalries have to have become that way over time, have to be in close enough proximity to consistently interact, and had to have cost us something repeatedly. Therefore, the only logical names are as follows:

Tier 1
uga--there's no other team that truly fits the trifecta like the dogs. Absolute hate is justified.

fsu--they don't have the same length of time as uga, but have done an impressive job of cramming as much nastiness as possible in just 40 years. Again, hate totally justified.

Tier 2
Younger Gators will say ut, older ones will point to Aub. To be clear, they both suck. But technically the tigers have spoiled many more seasons than the vols, even since 1990. As was pointed out, minus a few years in the 90's, when we've lost to ut it's been entirely self-inflicted(3 of the 7 losses since '90 were against Zook or Mac). Auburn simply had our number for several decades, and was always that that you were concerned about. A third team that could make this tier is miami. It's as nasty a rivalry as we have, and I'm in the camp that is wished we just wouldn't play them at all. They haven't cost us anything necessarily, but have been a thorn in our side for a long time and are pure garbage.

Beyond that, I really don't hate. Lsu is as close to true hatred as it gets, but is ironically also a team that I don't mind seeing win in certain cases. Again, they've never cost us anything. It's maybe our most bizarre rival in that other than playing every year as a permanent crossover, there's no real reason for animosity. Alabama is nothing. Ohio State is a pasty nothing. Really neither have any business in a hate conversation.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
The fact that I can root on LSU is an excellent point I can’t do that with out other rivals and to the same degree Auburn (younger generation) but UGA UT UM FSU and OSU I have a sincere and utter hatred of and wish nothing but plagues on both their houses per se and couldn’t root them on without feeling dirty and sick to my stomach...but as far as these things go I refuse to even wear red I can’t buy bags shirts shoes or anything with the color schemes associated with our rivals or like I said red in general...(our mustang is crimson my wife is a Bama fan) but I got to put a gator tag on it and it’s getting painted...I live my life with a psychotic hatred of our rivals that my wife thinks is both inane and childish to the point that “obsessed” gets thrown around a lot...I say she needs to mind her own business but alas...I get your points though and I have enjoyed this discussion I just don’t know if anyone is as weird about the color things as I am or has gator stuff all over the house they get bitched at about...I have fishing poles that are orange pole blue highlighted reel...I ordered custom grips for them that are all orange and blue...I even have blue spider wire line and use orange bobbers and jig heads (ok in hindsight maybe my wife is kind of right)

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I look at my level of hatred like this.

If I can root for one team to beat another. I would pull for ANYONE to beat fsu. Anyone else to beat Clemson. (I forgot them earlier.), then comes the nd, osu, michigan gauntlet, then uga. Doesn't mean I don't hate uga, i just hate these other teams more.

I have a lot of hate to go around. ut is pretty high on that list also. I would slide bama in here next to ut. the whole yellow hammer chant when your ass lives in a trailer park is just pathetic.

LSU? Not hate. The hurricane stuff was aggravating, but we whipped their ass the next two times, so its all good. I can respect the fact they play good football in a tough ass division.

Auburn? Annoying. That whole war eagle / tiger crap. Pick a mascot already.

Gamechickens used to be tolerable before chump arrived. Now they can't lose enough games. I hope he wins 7-9 games a year so he will stay there a while. Clemtech and Chicken fans are some of the most annoying fans on the earth.

I have a former player on the two deep at Clemtech. Great kid, walked on and earned a scholarship. I simply despise the school. Might pull for fsu to beat them this year especially if both are undefeated at game time.

Jun 2, 2015
Knowing the canes history I get all the teams on your list, but given that history, I’m a little surprised the nulls aren’t higher on your list. I figured you’d feel about them, the way most of us feel about Ugly.

Guess the noles are not #1 on my list due to our #4 wide rights and 1 wide left and the fact that we are still ahead of them in overall wins.. I absolutely despise TOSU & ND fans due to some bad experiences.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I guess if pressed I'd probably pick FSU, but I'm a child of the HBC era when we beat the pound puppies like Vick on a bender. I get the history and I'm growing even deeper in my loathing of them by the hour - but history of my childhood and the Noles still probably barely edges it out.

Every year when the Fightin' Ibises play the Holes I root hard for catastrophic ground collapse.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I have a lot of hate to go around.
I can relate.

ut is pretty high on that list also.

See for me I can't really hate UT. They are too pathetic to hate. They are more like a fool in a medieval court. Sure it can be fun to throw things at them from time to time, but they are far from mortal enemies. It would be like hating on a guy with a cleft plate in front of you trying to order at Wendy's. Sometimes you just want to step in and help them. "He means Biggie Fries, not Wiggy Fife."

Sure they get mouthy at the end of every year when they (sometimes) notch their signature win over Vandy. Yes they develop Volzheimers in the off season and win a National Championship every April. But then the cool breezes of autumn sweep through the hills and by the time the leaves take on their fiery hues the Volunteers repeat the cremation phase of their yearly phoenix cycle and their impossible dreams are swept away like dust in the wind.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
1997 in Jax I was standing (as was everyone else) to watch us finish the drive. I go about 6’6”, 275. 90 lb Drunk ass grandma clampett from Sodomy, GA tried to choke me out screaming “sit your ass down boy!” in my left ear. Its still ringing so UGA can fellate a warthog.

I live in Ne LA, and I hate LSU, NO, BR, and anyone from S. LA. Also 75% of the people from N LA.

I also hate Cowbell, Bammer, UT. I cannot take a Nole or Cane seriously on any level.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tier 1 - Mullen’s hiring of friends and his recruiting

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Tier 1 - Mullen’s hiring of friends and his recruiting
giphy.gif

Billgator

Mar 25, 2016
Tier 1 - FSU, Miami
Tier 2 - Georgia
Just our bitch: Tenn

Remember : Football wouldn't be any fun if you played the "little sisters of the poor", every week.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
As a kid in the 70s and 80s, it is ingrained within my blood to have a hatred for Miami, along with ugay and the semenholes. Those are my top 3, and no other team could ever possibly come close. I hold a ton of ridicule and disgust for most of the other teams (TN especially), but those top 3 are in a class of their own. They have earned my hatred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator